ADR Staying Off-Site

ksawano

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I am going to WDW with my boyfriend and we are staying off-site at Sheraton Vistana Resort from 12/19-12/23. When I was trying to make ADRs earlier this morning for 12/19, it seemed that most, if not all of the high demand restaurants (Space 220, Sci-Fi Dine in, Be Our Guest, etc.) were all unavailable at 6AM EST. We were also both refreshing at 5:30AM EST (or 2:30AM because we reside in WA) and the available reservations didn't show until right at 6:00AM EST. I know that those staying on-site are able to book 60 days +10 so does that mean that the reservations for the rest of the trip will look the same? Can the on-site people completely book out the restaurant or does Disney release more on the 60 day mark?

This is my first trip so I apologize if I am just missing something that is well known.

Thank you!

You're going the week leading up to Christmas which is in general a busy time so unfortunately its not surprising that you'd have a hard time getting the most in demand restaurants especially when staying offsite.
I wouldn't start trying until JUST before 6am. No reason to wake up 30 minutes prior when its unlikely you'll get in sooner.
I would personally keep trying for the restaurants you want but know its not very likely you'll get them.
Also be sure to check a few times a day between now and then and you may get lucky as people change their plans.

Resort guests have been booking up to 10 days before you started, so the popular and smaller restaurants might well be booked up. Space 220 is generally gone unless you have the 10-day buffer.

Right, gotcha. So it sounds like I don't have much chance unless I snag a res when someone cancels... Thank you both for your input!!

I have had three of the third party reservation finder websites looking for Space 220 for about 4 weeks now and received one notification of an available reservation. I was not able to secure it fast enough :(

Right, gotcha. So it sounds like I don't have much chance unless I snag a res when someone cancels... Thank you both for your input!!

I've definitely had luck before by just checking back frequently. No guarantees and not likely for Space 220, but you might be able to snag one of the others especially since you are a party of 2. I've not used it, but Touring Plans also has a dining reservation finder where you can sign up for notifications when openings come up. I've never used it, but I think others have had success with it.

This system is glitchy. Say you want BoG at 13.30 for two. I suggest one of you opens the BoG page, enters the date and lunch for 2, and the other person does a general dining reservation search for 13.30 and scrolls down to BoG. If nothing comes up, one person should just track up and down the slots from 11am until 15.00 (or whatever you choose) and the other person should change party size to 4 and then search up and down the time slots. You will be surprised how much things change depending upon how you search. Don’t worry about booking for 4 even though you are a party of 2 as you can alter this later.
And make sure that you have already linked your credit card.
Also, lots of DS restaurants are a available in Open Table and I would book those as a back up. Good luck.

I've definitely had luck before by just checking back frequently. No guarantees and not likely for Space 220, but you might be able to snag one of the others especially since you are a party of 2. I've not used it, but Touring Plans also has a dining reservation finder where you can sign up for notifications when openings come up. I've never used it, but I think others have had success with it.
This gives me some hope! I signed up for Mouse Dining to get notifications so hopefully it works out!🤞

This system is glitchy. Say you want BoG at 13.30 for two. I suggest one of you opens the BoG page, enters the date and lunch for 2, and the other person does a general dining reservation search for 13.30 and scrolls down to BoG. If nothing comes up, one person should just track up and down the slots from 11am until 15.00 (or whatever you choose) and the other person should change party size to 4 and then search up and down the time slots. You will be surprised how much things change depending upon how you search. Don’t worry about booking for 4 even though you are a party of 2 as you can alter this later.
And make sure that you have already linked your credit card.
Also, lots of DS restaurants are a available in Open Table and I would book those as a back up. Good luck.
Thank you for the great tips!! I will make sure to do that tomorrow morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter