ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the status is on online ADR's? Will it be happening soon?

Heaven help us all! The stay-at-home mom-types would crash it in an hour, trying to be the first to make a "ressie" (what's wrong with the word "reservation," anyway?). Not to mention changing their minds every other minute judging by what we read here.

Heaven help us all! The stay-at-home mom-types would crash it in an hour, trying to be the first to make a "ressie" (what's wrong with the word "reservation," anyway?). Not to mention changing their minds every other minute judging by what we read here.

And that's the problem I've been thinking about since these rumors started last year. How many people would be up at 7:00 AM Eastern to log on to the system? And how long would it take for the system to crash? And then people would try again on an already overloaded system so their wouldn't be any time to recover. The system would have to be shut down and then people would not know when it came back up so someone else could be on there before them and take their reservation. Yes, it would be a nightmare.

I saw someone posted a May 11th rumored date. That's Monday? I haven't seen anything listed on any of the reliable sources of information about this starting. Disney would have had to make an announcement about it by now and nothing.

And that's the problem I've been thinking about since these rumors started last year. How many people would be up at 7:00 AM Eastern to log on to the system? And how long would it take for the system to crash? And then people would try again on an already overloaded system so their wouldn't be any time to recover. The system would have to be shut down and then people would not know when it came back up so someone else could be on there before them and take their reservation. Yes, it would be a nightmare.

I saw someone posted a May 11th rumored date. That's Monday? I haven't seen anything listed on any of the reliable sources of information about this starting. Disney would have had to make an announcement about it by now and nothing.

That's why I will STILL be calling! But would that mean the phone lines system would be crashed too! :scared1:

I was told today it won't start until the beginning of June (this by a CM)

Disney has a few more major kinks to work out before they go public with it :lmao:

GOOD luck is all I can say :rotfl2:

Man...this makes me really miss being on the those stay-at-home mom-types. I would love to be among the first to crash this system when it debuts!

:rotfl:

Of course the system will crash when they 1st start using it. It takes time to get all the kinks worked out of all new programs. I'm sure many ressies will be lost in the beginning too. Not fun. Especially w/ free diners are coming up on their 90days. Once its working properly, I'll love it. I'm very visual & would love to be able to see what's available etc. Since we have no idea how its going to work, I'll describe my ideal system. You log in the dates of your trip & your party size. All the possible availabilities are shown for each restuaraunt for each day. You could highlight what you want & change as needed. When you were satisfied w/ your ressies, you'ld click confirm. The screen would show your confirmation # & all your ADRs. You would print it out & take it w/ you. Luckily, being a SAHM, I will have the ability to get up @ 7am & make my ressies. Just one of the trade offs of being puked on & cleaning up poop & pee all day & no paycheck.:hippie:

I'm hoping it keeps getting delayed until well after my ADR date! Disney does NOT have a reassuring record with their computer systems, and online ADRs are sure to be a nightmare for the first few weeks or months.

I'm hoping it keeps getting delayed until well after my ADR date! Disney does NOT have a reassuring record with their computer systems, and online ADRs are sure to be a nightmare for the first few weeks or months.

Sad but true. I'll still be calling on the phone for a while... ;)

I resemble that remark:laughing: Really, I started my PT seasonal job so I didn't get the SAHM status for the next 4 months but it sounds like me to the T.

I would rather keep a CM employed and call to make my reservations. An online system will crash at 7:01 am, take all day to fix, and the crash will recur at 7:01 am the next day. Even after this system is "broken in" there will still be problems because every day is going to be the 90th day for a gazillion people. Lost reservations will be rampant!
What exactly is so wrong with actually talking to a real, live person?

I would rather keep a CM employed and call to make my reservations. An online system will crash at 7:01 am, take all day to fix, and the crash will recur at 7:01 am the next day. Even after this system is "broken in" there will still be problems because every day is going to be the 90th day for a gazillion people. Lost reservations will be rampant!

Well said!:thumbsup2

Heck their phone system crashes daily :lmao:

From what I've heard, this used to be the case (CRT was 180 days out). I believe just this year it changed to 90 days out just like the rest. I'm going in Sept and I called Disney to ask - they said NOPE need to wait until June 13!

Its not that I don't want to talk to a real person. I always call to book my trips, but well after I have looked at all the options & figured out the best price. B/C I'm visual, I get my ressies all written out & if somethings full I get flustered. I'd like the time to see all the options & work it out before I bug the CM. Disney planning is the only part of my life that is type A. I'd be happy even if they showed availability online & then you called in your requests. popcorn::

That is just about the rudest post I have ever seen, especially since this is Mother's Day weekend!

If they do the online booking they should open it at 4am. Fewer people would be up at 4am, and they would treakle on as the morning progress.

If they do the online booking they should open it at 4am. Fewer people would be up at 4am, and they would treakle on as the morning progress.

Works for me.... Where's the alarm clock......

Still hanging out waiting for the next month for all the late planners to make plans and compete with me for ADR's........ Bring back the 180 day ADR's! I won't have the October calendar when my ADR window opens in June anyway!

:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter