ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. And of course May 26th is my ADR 90 day window date! :eek:

Does anyone know yet what the time is that TA's can make online ADR's? Is it beginning at midnight or 7am?

Will phone reservations theoretically still be available come May 26? Guess I need to have two computers fired up in addition to the 3 phones I was planning to use! :rotfl: WHY would they do this during free dining? AUUGGGHHH! :headache:

Sigh. And of course May 26th is my ADR 90 day window date! :eek:

Does anyone know yet what the time is that TA's can make online ADR's? Is it beginning at midnight or 7am?

Will phone reservations theoretically still be available come May 26? Guess I need to have two computers fired up in addition to the 3 phones I was planning to use! :rotfl: WHY would they do this during free dining? AUUGGGHHH! :headache:

I KNOW!!! what a time to debut the online system!!! I am glad that my ADR date is June 22nd, it gives it a little time to iron out the kinks :lmao:

This is what the online ADR system looks like.

Although it's only for TAs right now, May 26th is the alleged launch date for the general public. If you haven't seen it already, view this link:

http://www.mousemisers.com/

This is great, thanks so much for posting. Here is what I am worried about: it says that you can make up to 10 reservations at once, should I go through the process of doing one ADR at a time and confirming it? Or am I guarenteed the ADR for the time that I picked before I confirm all of my ressies at once?

I hope this makes sense - AND I hope the whole process is as easy as it sounds and all kinks worked out before June 13th - YIKES :scared1:

Yep, that'll be me.....3 computers going, land line phone, cell phone, and ankle phone..... (OK, just kidding about the ankle phone.....)

This is great, thanks so much for posting. Here is what I am worried about: it says that you can make up to 10 reservations at once, should I go through the process of doing one ADR at a time and confirming it? Or am I guarenteed the ADR for the time that I picked before I confirm all of my ressies at once?

My understanding is that once they are in your cart, they're yours. So there is no need to check out after each reservation. I'm a little disappointed that it can only handle 10 at a time, though... For those of us doing the deluxe plan, that means going through the process multiple times.

My understanding is that once they are in your cart, they're yours. So there is no need to check out after each reservation. I'm a little disappointed that it can only handle 10 at a time, though... For those of us doing the deluxe plan, that means going through the process multiple times.

Well I'm glad that once it's in your cart then its yours! I can understand how frustrating it would be though with the deluxe plan and only being able to reserve 10 at a time.

I'm not sure what I am going to do yet - call in or use the online system if its up. I have until June 13th, so I will just watch and see how others find the system!

I am computer literate, but will have 25-30 ADRs to make. I hope that all the reservations I want won't have "flown off the shelves" while I was waiting for pages to load :rolleyes:. We have a cable modem, so I guess that's a plus...

If its a shopping cart system, then with all the cart systems I am familiar with the inventory is reduced when the item (i.e. table reservation) is placed in the cart. If the transaction does not complete with a certain amount of time, the cart expires and the items are returned to inventory. With SOME systems this doesn't happen until a maintenance period where all the expired carts are removed.

How they handle variable group sizes, etc. as an inventory item is an interesting thought exercise...

Mine is June 27! I am sure my choices will change by then, but as of now:

Crystal Palace
Garden Grill
1900 Park Fare
Ohana
Akershus Royal Banquet
Liberty Tree Tavern
Chef Mickey's
LeCellier
Cape May

I just called from UK to make some ADRs. I was only on hold for 2 - 3 minutes but the whole process took 1 hour 4 minutes to make 9 ADRs! ! I'm so glad I found a cheap phone service! :rotfl: The computer was working really slowly and then it just crashed so we had to start again. Then it was taking forever and the poor CM was so apologetic but it just refused to let her make any reservations and she was really exasperated with it which is understandable if you're doing that all day! Finally she passed me to another CM and we started all over again! So, as far as the online system goes - I'm not holding my breath!! ;)
:rotfl:You're very welcome! I loved doing it - talking to Disney is always exciting. I can make mine later today!! :banana::banana::banana:

I am computer literate, but will have 25-30 ADRs to make. I hope that all the reservations I want won't have "flown off the shelves" while I was waiting for pages to load :rolleyes:. We have a cable modem, so I guess that's a plus...

I wonder if you could open different windows at the same time (especially if one is in IE and one is in Firefox, which I think use different cookie locations). Then while one window is searching, you could enter details in the other. Might be an interesting experiment, but maybe not for those vital 7am Le Cellier bookings. :) I hope things like your name, party size and reservation number are sticky so you don't have to enter them 10 times during the process!

My next booking window starts 21st May, and our second booking window is from 28th May (split hotels). While 26th May would seem to be the earliest day that they could start a public online system (if indeed it's ready by then), they might want to wait until after 20th June when all of the restuarants could be booked for all dates (unless they plan to copy over the CRT, CM and VA bookings from the old system and make the earlier dates live?). But it's all just guesswork so far, NO firm dates have been announced as far as I know.

Andre

well for that many ADRs, calling would take even longer so this might be better for you. that was always a problem with making ADRs, having a cable modem is a plus! at least you won't have to listen to the CM spiel about having park admission and non smoking restaurant, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter