ADR's during holiday season

Ksquared

DIS Veteran
My 180 window for this year's holiday trip is June 29th (I'm traveling Dec. 26-31). I've never been at this time of the year before. How crazy will it be trying to get dining reservations? Do you recommend I go on the first day possible to get everything I want? I am going with a group of people and I'm not sure we will settle on ressies by that date. Plus, I'm trying to decide whether to book something for the day we get there or just use a counter service that night for dinner (we are driving down and will hopefully be arriving mid afternoon).

I'm thinking I should just book something for that first day (I can always cancel closer to the time if I'm still undecided).

Next, since everybody will be at The World for different days I should book for the group for the two days I know we'll all be there and then I'm thinking about booking for my fam. of 4 only for the rest of the 3 days this way I'm assured I get what I want.

We have other family members who live in Orlando but I'm not sure they will want to eat dinner with us. If things change, do you think I'll be able to make any ressies closer to the trip time?

Sorry this is so long. I'm trying to work all this out before next month so I can start making some decisions.

My advice: if you know you want it, or you even think you might want it, book it on that first day, first thing.

It is much easier to cancel than it is to try to book something that might not be available! It is a very, very busy week.

Instead of worrying about trying to get something you know you want, just go for it! And good luck ;)

We have been to wdw that same week for the past 5 years and will be returning this year. We have been very lucky and gotten what we wanted for adrs but did so right at the exact time (180 now, but only 90 days last year). We have been able to get Le Cellier and other popular ones. We have also been able to get next day adr at Le Chefs last year once we were at resort, but for 9:00pm. We also eat very late and that helps(after 8:00pm usually). If you do make them and decide against using them, please cancel for someone else. Last year I did them all on-line(except for CP package) in less than 30 minutes. Previously by phone. Make sure to make adr if you are staying for NYE asa you can and decide which park you want to be in and don't plan on park hopping that night(although we have from DHS to Epcot. MK closed to all guest(including resort)by 10am each of last 4 years. We never venture there on NYE.
Connears

This is the busiest time of the year at the parks.

Could you get lucky and get the reservations you want after the 180 days has passed? Yea... it happens. Will they most likely be your first choices? Doubt it.

I would make ADRs as soon as you can. Not worth the stress and worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter