Adult Aid Service for Disney

Bopbie

Figment Fanatic
We are bringing my father-in-law to Disney, but for getting him around he needs an almost full time aid. He has a service at home, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest such a service for Disney in Orlando.

Additionally, while I have planned a number of Disney Vacation, I have never done one like this. Can anyone recommend a travel planner/travel agent who is particularly good with this type of trip?

Thank you!

I’ve never heard of such a thing unfortunately. If someone did need that level of care, based on what I’ve seen, the family would either bring their full time care nurse with them or the family would have the knowledge of their loved one’s medical equipment/needs.

I too have never heard of Orlando service. I would contact the company/service he uses at home to see what they suggest .

I recall a post several years ago by someone who hired a night nurse to assist while on a trip. I'll try to find it.

If you Google there are some travel agents who claim to specialize in arranging travel for those with disabilities, though I can't honestly say what services they provide or how knowledgeable one might be of WDW.

If you have specific questions as you plan, feel free to ask. We have lots of folks with varied experience here who are willing to share knowledge.

We are bringing my father-in-law to Disney, but for getting him around he needs an almost full time aid. He has a service at home, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest such a service for Disney in Orlando.

Additionally, while I have planned a number of Disney Vacation, I have never done one like this. Can anyone recommend a travel planner/travel agent who is particularly good with this type of trip?

Thank you!

Are you talking about devices (aids) or people (aides)?

I have read that people use care.com for HHA as needed. We looked into it where my parents live. We were looking for short time help after a hospital stay. They have that in Orlando area.

I recall a post several years ago by someone who hired a night nurse to assist while on a trip. I'll try to find it.

If you Google there are some travel agents who claim to specialize in arranging travel for those with disabilities, though I can't honestly say what services they provide or how knowledgeable one might be of WDW.

If you have specific questions as you plan, feel free to ask. We have lots of folks with varied experience here who are willing to share knowledge.
We have a friend here who used to be such a travel agent and she was indeed quite knowledgeable; however, she has stopped doing this and with everything that has been going on, many of the services she knows of have shut down.

From the other responses, I see that you are talking about a person, not a device - could you not hire the aide he has to come with you?

From the other responses, I see that you are talking about a person, not a device - could you not hire the aide he has to come with you?
I would.inagone they would get costly to add airfare, an additional hotel room, tickets, food, etc.

I would imagine that It is better if there are local companies (I know there are in California) they will provide someone for say a flat hourly or daily rate that includes all expenses. And while the person may not be as familiar with the individual needs, they likely will be more familiar with what the parks and other locations have available in terms of accomodations.

I would.inagone they would get costly to add airfare, an additional hotel room, tickets, food, etc.

I would imagine that It is better if there are local companies (I know there are in California) they will provide someone for say a flat hourly or daily rate that includes all expenses. And while the person may not be as familiar with the individual needs, they likely will be more familiar with what the parks and other locations have available in terms of accomodations.

I was going by the "needs an almost fulltime aid{sic}" and thought that one that was familiar with his needs would work better than a stranger? If they need someone that much, it's going to be expensive anyways? They would still have to pay for tickets, food, and a hotel room if the aide is needed overnight.

I was going by the "needs an almost fulltime aid{sic}" and thought that one that was familiar with his needs would work better than a stranger? If they need someone that much, it's going to be expensive anyways? They would still have to pay for tickets, food, and a hotel room if the aide is needed overnight.

I agree. Although, I think you'd need 2 aides

Can family members be his caregiver? I personally have a part time paid caregiver and family members fill in. When I'm in Disney, family members help with my needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter