Adults and “skipping” at rope drop.

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Crowds were heavy at the park yesterday for two primary reasons. 1: the long weekend and 2: there was some cheer
competition in town and many (if not all) of the participants came to the park. We’d see groups as small as two girls to as many as eight or nine. By about 7:25, the line at the park gates extended beyond the Monorail track, which isn’t typical.

We rope-dropped Fantasyland/Peter Pan this morning, as usual. The one thing that really irked us was a guy – well into his 30s and more likely even his 40s – ran from the rope and straight past us through the castle. When CMs warned him not to run, he broke into a skip. I hate when adults do that. It’s not cute, it’s not clever. It’s just a cheat. When kids do it, I’ll give them a pass. But adults? They know better, even if they can override their better judgment. So: he beat us to PP but… the ride was down so we felt slightly vindicated.

At around 10:00 a.m., the line at Harbour Galley was the longest I’ve ever seen. It’s one of the longest lines for a non-attraction that I’ve seen inside the park. I’ve included a pic below (third from the last).

Something weird happened with a CM at Pizza Planet at lunchtime. As I ate, I was sitting near one of the outdoor planters. As many of you may have seen in the past, kids often climb on and in them. The CM who was cleaning the area approached one kid and asked him to get down from said planter. As he began to walk away, I smiled and asked, jokingly, “Are you talking to me?!” (reminder: I was seated at a table and eating). The CM looked at me, rather surprised. “Excuse me?” he replied. I repeated myself and then smiled and told him that I was kidding. He didn’t seem to get the joke, told me that he wasn't (talking to me) and walked off, slightly miffed. Oh well. Most people would have understood that I was kidding. For some reason, he didn’t and wouldn’t.

Buzz was still fraught with problems: various targets not working, many of my best scores didn’t come through (just like last week) and I simply couldn’t get a strong one. My best that did come through was 1.5. It didn’t stay #1 for long.

Usually I’ll meet someone cool or interesting while in line to get into the park or while at the rope. I chatted briefly with a family at the rope. The mom and dad seemed nice. The two daughters – 21 and 23 – seemed a bit haughty and/or annoyed at my talking to them. Usually people aren’t like that; often they're cool and receptive. The older girl in particular struck me as arrogant. Oh well. That's her (and her parents’) problem.

I have park maps, as always. Anyone that would like a set please send me a DM with your mailing address.

Incidentally, I find it really hard to include text around pics so it's hard to explain what each one is. Most are self-evident but some are not. For example, the painting pic is an artist's rendering of the planned Haunted Mansion yard. Crowds are... well, crowds ;-).

Crowds at the park gates at around 7:25.
IMG_8298.jpegIMG_8299.jpegIMG_8303.jpegIMG_8304.jpegIMG_8306.jpegIMG_8320.jpegIMG_8321.jpegIMG_8324.jpegIMG_8300.jpegIMG_8323.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, that Harbor Galley line is crazy! What time was that?

We were there on Saturday and started at DCA. It was an early entry day for Disneyland so we got quite a bit done at DCA before 11. Once people started park hopping, DCA got really crowded. There weren't many cheer groups in DCA, but when we went to DL in the afternoon, we saw a ton. My guess is that the majority had single park tickets without park hoppers.

See the man with the black Disneyland spirit jersey in your teacup photo? There are so many people wearing those shirts around the parks. We started counting how many we saw on Saturday and stopped when we got to 300. You can see someone wearing it in your 2nd pic of the crowd, in the castle photo, and in the Harbor Galley photo. Pay attention next time you go.

Thanks for the pictures! Was there a special menu at Harbor Galley? I've never seen the line that long.

It's the chocolate chip cookies. Of course, the bloggers and influencers have been talking them up and now everyone wants them. And you can't mobile order them currently, so the line gets really long at varying times of days.
Oh, I had no idea. They must be pretty good if people are waiting in a line like that!

It's the chocolate chip cookies. Of course, the bloggers and influencers have been talking them up and now everyone wants them. And you can't mobile order them currently, so the line gets really long at varying times of days.
Are they better than the warm chocolate chip cookies at Ghirardelli's?

Well, as long as they are in the cookie line, they’re not waiting for beignets! :rotfl2:

Rob, sounds like the whole day was a bit off for you, what with stuck up girls and weird CMs and of course, Buzz being wonky. But I love the pics with the clouds..so pretty! Thanks for your weekly posts…we look forward to them.

The chocolate cookies at Harbor Galley are delicious! Warm too. I've bought 3 packs since I've found out about them. They're on the small size.
I can't compare to Num Num's as I haven't had those yet.
10x better than the large chocolate cookies sold at Marceline's.
I also haven't had the ones in the Ice Cream Sundae's, so maybe they taste similar?

Wow that is a crazy long line for that early in the morning! Did you find wait times longer than usual at rope drop?

Sorry to hear you had so many disappointing encounters today. That’s discouraging! Hopefully next week is so much better!

Couldn't tell you as I haven't had either! Now we need someone to do a taste test comparison and let us know. (Add in the Num Num cookie from Pixar Pier while they're at it.)
Better than the Num Num cookie. I didn't know the line got so long at Harbour Galley. I got them a couple weeks ago and just walked right up to the window with no wait in the afternoon.
PXL_20240201_223037503.jpg
PXL_20240201_223048478.jpg

Honestly, I kinda get why the girls would be weirded out by a random dude starting a conversation like that. I get that was not your intention and that you had no bad motives. But I get it. No need to call them names just because they weren't receptive to you.

Also I get the CM at the pizza place, honestly I wouldn't have gotten the joke either in that situation 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, that cookie line looks insane and I 100% agree about adults running. Kids I would get, the excitement of it and everything, but adults should know better. It's dangerous to run at rope drop.

Wow, that line at Harbour Galley is insane. The chocolate chip cookies are the best we’ve ever had over the years at DLR. Way better than what Ghirardelli has now. I will say they don’t save well though and are mediocre when reheated at home. Fresh and warm right from the window however…😋😋

Great running into you on Sunday! I did better on my second attempt on Buzz - scoring 400K.

I got the Harbor Galley cookies on Sunday for the first time. The line was pretty short when I was over there. I was next to that little fence that can be seen in your picture and maybe waited 10 minutes or so to get the cookies. They are very good - especially when warm. I would get them again with a line similar to what I experienced, but not the long one in your picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter