Adults and “skipping” at rope drop.

This is getting out of hand. An individual posted his perception. It was his experience and his description of the experience. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but there is no need to attack him. As the guidelines state, please step away from the discussion.

DIS Board Guidelines

While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction
The comments are reactions to behaviors, not attacks on the person.

Something weird happened with a CM at Pizza Planet at lunchtime. As I ate, I was sitting near one of the outdoor planters. As many of you may have seen in the past, kids often climb on and in them. The CM who was cleaning the area approached one kid and asked him to get down from said planter. As he began to walk away, I smiled and asked, jokingly, “Are you talking to me?!” (reminder: I was seated at a table and eating). The CM looked at me, rather surprised. “Excuse me?” he replied. I repeated myself and then smiled and told him that I was kidding. He didn’t seem to get the joke, told me that he wasn't (talking to me) and walked off, slightly miffed. Oh well. Most people would have understood that I was kidding. For some reason, he didn’t and wouldn’t.
That seems like a weird thing to say to the CM. I think I'd also look at you confused (fwiw) as I still don't get the "joke" (I get your point but it feels ... like a stretch.

Usually I’ll meet someone cool or interesting while in line to get into the park or while at the rope. I chatted briefly with a family at the rope. The mom and dad seemed nice. The two daughters – 21 and 23 – seemed a bit haughty and/or annoyed at my talking to them. Usually people aren’t like that; often they're cool and receptive. The older girl in particular struck me as arrogant. Oh well. That's her (and her parents’) problem.
Oof. I replied before even getting to this.

No one is attacking anyone and no one is being sarcastic. People are discussing their reactions to a post that clearly touched a nerve with many. Negative reactions are not by definition “attacks.”

Not sure why you think it’s your job to tell people what they’re allowed to discuss.
Yeah - I get the sense maybe (and I just got here so I can be wrong) posts were removed? Because otherwise, wow has there been no vitriol whatsoever ...

Folks, I see no attacks or vitriol posted in reaction to the original post. People are sharing opinions and feelings. Everyone views/feels things differently of course. Just because you may not agree on them, does not make them wrong.
The original poster has been called out / questioned in the past about things he has posted, such as the fact that he complains frequently about others running or skipping to get to attractions first. The fact that he is usually successful in getting to his favourite ride first is an indication to me that he is just as guilty of running, but appears to feel that it is ok when done by him. As stated above, there is actually video of him setting off like a jackrabbit. When questioned, he never returns to the thread to discuss his views, he just likes the posts that his followers share defending him and complaining that people are being mean, attacking him when no such attacks have occurred.
First in line is not his to bestow upon others like some benevolent Monarch.

like all of you, this is just my 2 cents worth. No attacks, no vitriol, just a different opinion about the original poster and his online persona.

As a mother of a teen daughter, I have taught her time and time again she owes no one anything. If a conversation makes her uncomfortable, leave it. If a person is engaging in behavior she's not comfortable with, walk away or ignore it. If someone would call her haughty or arrogant because she is taking care of herself and I heard about it, I would likely give them an earful of why no woman owes a man a conversation or more.

I watched a great tiktok video just this morning that a man put together - the first part was a woman being abrupt and firm with a man at the bar telling him he made her feel uncomfortable and she did not have to engage in conversation with someone who makes her feel that way. The comments on that video by men were in the majority of men saying she needs to lighten up and why can't she be polite. The next half of the video was a woman on a beach smiling at a man who is trying to intrude and be part of their group telling him that she and her friend are just trying to have a nice day alone and don't want to be bothered. The male comments on that video were all "well if she wants him to leave her alone why is she smiling and being friendly" - what's the common thread here? Women can't win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter