Adventures by Disney - 2015 Waiting List...

We booked a Baltic cruise for July 2015, and are eagerly awaiting the ABD add-on details. I downgraded the room from a verandah to an oceanview room (to save $5k)...I'd rather spend the money on excursions.

I'm hoping that given the popularity of the Norway/Iceland cruise, they'll offer it in 2016, and we may go then.

I LOVE Disney, but their prices are starting to get out of hand. I think I may get priced out of the vacations pretty soon. I have a hard time justifying cruise prices that are 50-100% greater than competitors. :confused3
I agree with you. I was looking at the Iceland cruise, and it was more expensive than my Scotland ABD! And that's with *no* excursions! For an *oceanview* cabin! No way.

Sayhello

We booked a Baltic cruise for July 2015, and are eagerly awaiting the ABD add-on details. I downgraded the room from a verandah to an oceanview room (to save $5k)...I'd rather spend the money on excursions.

I'm hoping that given the popularity of the Norway/Iceland cruise, they'll offer it in 2016, and we may go then.

I LOVE Disney, but their prices are starting to get out of hand. I think I may get priced out of the vacations pretty soon. I have a hard time justifying cruise prices that are 50-100% greater than competitors. :confused3

As I mentioned in the other thread, we just booked the B2B Norway/Iceland and Baltics cruises. I, too, downgraded my rooms on the Baltics from 9A to 9C (which actually saved me $4400 on two staterooms!). I figured we'll have a few more stairs to pay for the flights and/or someone's ABD add-on.

I agree about the prices in general, although I was pleasantly surprised by the opening prices for these particular cruises. With all the talk leading up to it, I was prepared for something even uglier. I think some of the opening prices were actually cheaper than in 2010.

We're just about paid off our cruise for September which means I start planning next years vacation. *grin*

Just discovered adventures by Disney and am wondering- do the prices go up like the cruise prices do? I'm looking at an England/France trip for fall 2015 and am looking at this years which are currently at 5-7k for late summer or fall. Does anyone know if this where they started at?

Also we've never been to Europe or done Adventures by Disney can anyone offer any advice? Is ABD a good option for a first timer? We like to explore but for the first time kinda like the idea of some "hand holding"

Ultimately I want to go Italy-Venice, Rome, lake Como and Capri being the ideals but thinking England and France may be a good place to start. If there's a better thread to be asking these types of questions please let me know- totally new to this.

The ABD prices increase as more people book a particular date. The original price for the 2014 London/Paris trip was Adult $5,789 Child $5,509.

We're just about paid off our cruise for September which means I start planning next years vacation. *grin*

Just discovered adventures by Disney and am wondering- do the prices go up like the cruise prices do? I'm looking at an England/France trip for fall 2015 and am looking at this years which are currently at 5-7k for late summer or fall. Does anyone know if this where they started at?

Also we've never been to Europe or done Adventures by Disney can anyone offer any advice? Is ABD a good option for a first timer? We like to explore but for the first time kinda like the idea of some "hand holding"

Ultimately I want to go Italy-Venice, Rome, lake Como and Capri being the ideals but thinking England and France may be a good place to start. If there's a better thread to be asking these types of questions please let me know- totally new to this.

AbD is a great option for a first timer! They will hold you hand as much as you need it. We have not done any of the European options, but have done Peru, South Africa and China, all were excellent.

We're just about paid off our cruise for September which means I start planning next years vacation. *grin* Just discovered adventures by Disney and am wondering- do the prices go up like the cruise prices do? I'm looking at an England/France trip for fall 2015 and am looking at this years which are currently at 5-7k for late summer or fall. Does anyone know if this where they started at? Also we've never been to Europe or done Adventures by Disney can anyone offer any advice? Is ABD a good option for a first timer? We like to explore but for the first time kinda like the idea of some "hand holding" Ultimately I want to go Italy-Venice, Rome, lake Como and Capri being the ideals but thinking England and France may be a good place to start. If there's a better thread to be asking these types of questions please let me know- totally new to this.

I had never been to Europe and was even considering sending my husband & daughter without me! I was convinced to join them and we did London/Paris with ABD. Loved it so much, we did Germany ABD last year! Still deciding on this year's ABD! ABD is wonderful for first timers who would find comfort with some "hand holding"! We love the service & perks so much, we don't want to travel without them!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes they do go up like the cruises. We are doing London/Paris this September on the adults only trip. We booked on day one with DU and it was $5789 per person. Now it is $7089 per person.

We love ABD and traveled with them to Scotland last year for the first time. Best. Vacation. Ever. The prices for that trip jumped up to $1000 higher within the first week. ABD is perfect for first timers out of the country since they've planned everything out. All you need to do is show up :cool1:

I agree with you. I was looking at the Iceland cruise, and it was more expensive than my Scotland ABD! And that's with *no* excursions! For an *oceanview* cabin! No way.

Sayhello

Really? What was the rate you got on your Scotland trip? Currently, category 9 cabins on that Iceland cruise are about $9600-11,200 for two (of course, they were closer to half of that when the dates were first released for booking). Did you get Scotland ABD for under $5000 per person?

We are hoping to book a Scotland ABD for 2015, and anxiously awaiting the opening pricing.

I'm waiting for Scotland. I just put my deposit down for the DCL Iceland cruise and am hoping that 1) the dates work with my cruise for the Scotland ABD and 2) I'm not priced out.

This is our situation exactly. Good luck!

When Scotland was first introduced last year, it opened at $4,999 for adults. It sold very quickly, so ABD increased the price by nearly $1000 y/y without any change to itinerary, etc. Its basic supply/demand...but, ouch!

Really? What was the rate you got on your Scotland trip? Currently, category 9 cabins on that Iceland cruise are about $9600-11,200 for two (of course, they were closer to half of that when the dates were first released for booking). Did you get Scotland ABD for under $5000 per person?
I travel solo. So the price for the cabin is for one person, not two. (DCL now charges solo travelers 200% of the per person cost of the cabin, except for port fees). I don't remember how much the cabin was at the time I posted that, but for me, the cruise is DEFINITELY more expensive than my Scotland ABD (which I also paid a single supplement for, but it's an extra 40%, not 100%).

Sayhello

Might have to do 2016 now - do some early 2016 dates come out with the 2015s?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Might have to do 2016 now - do some early 2016 dates come out with the 2015s?
They do for a few trips that have year-round seasons. This year, the Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos trip, Costa Rica trip, and the Southern California Backstage magic trip already have dates for 2015 that came out last May with the rest of 2014.

Sayhello

They do for a few trips that have year-round seasons. This year, the Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos trip, Costa Rica trip, and the Southern California Backstage magic trip already have dates for 2015 that came out last May with the rest of 2014. Sayhello

Cool, thanks, it's the So Cal one I'm after!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am seriously considering Australia for 2015. Is this a popular trip? Is the price likely to increase quickly? I would like to hop from Hobart to Melbourne for a couple of days at the end of the tour but not sure if that will push things into the "impossible to afford" range.

I am seriously considering Australia for 2015. Is this a popular trip? Is the price likely to increase quickly? I would like to hop from Hobart to Melbourne for a couple of days at the end of the tour but not sure if that will push things into the "impossible to afford" range.
The Australia trip has been around since 2008 (although there have been some tweaks along the way). No-one can predict from year to year how the prices will go, but I doubt such an established trip will go up in price really quickly.

Sayhello

The Australia trip has been around since 2008 (although there have been some tweaks along the way). No-one can predict from year to year how the prices will go, but I doubt such an established trip will go up in price really quickly.

Sayhello

That's reassuring. I've been doing the research but the ABD tour is topping the list so far. Still, it might be awhile before I can make a final decision.

Flights from Hobart to Melbourne are super cheap and Melbourne is well worth the visit. To fly out internationally anyway you will gave to go via Sydney or Melbourne, so it is a necessary expense anyway - go for it!

Flights from Hobart to Melbourne are super cheap and Melbourne is well worth the visit. To fly out internationally anyway you will gave to go via Sydney or Melbourne, so it is a necessary expense anyway - go for it!

Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep that in mind.

Are we still anticipating an end of the month release date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter