• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice for those thinking about going to UO/IOA for the 1st time!

zbsigpi

zbsigpi
DON'T you are making it too crowded for the rest of us! LOL
And for those that are making ghost reservations so that you can get FP and not actually stay the night at the hotel, STOP so that we can get reservations!!!!!

You will see room openings when convention bookings are cancelled

Blocks of rooms are rereleased when they and travel agencies cancel out blocked out room sections that they had held

Sometimes you will see more availability a few months out from our dates

The hotels (and the park managers) haven't missed the whole "ghost" reservation approach people use to get EPs. I can remember when RPR first opened and looking at rates (they were definitely a bit lower than they are today :) ). But there also was no change in the 'per night' rates for 1 night, 2 nights or longer stays. At some point they realized that folks were making a lot of '1 night' reservations just for the EPs. And now if you look, the rates for a 1 night stay are significantly more than for longer stays. That is one of the reasons why I normally go for 7 nights at a time. That seems to be the "sweet" spot for cheapest 'per night' rates (usually even cheaper than the AP rates).

So I'd guess that the park/hotel managements are just fine with folks making one night reservations. They make more money that way. :headache:

You will see room openings when convention bookings are cancelled

Blocks of rooms are rereleased when they and travel agencies cancel out blocked out room sections that they had held

Sometimes you will see more availability a few months out from our dates

This actually happened to us when we were planning our upcoming trip - we initially booked at HRH because RPR was more expensive due to lack of availability I kept watching it and was eventually able to switch our reservation over to RPR when they released some rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter