Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious if guest of the new Star Wars Hotel will have direct access to SW:GE without going outside. I think if it's going to be a truly immersive resort they would have some kind of "Ship" to take you to the SW:GE to keep the experience going.

Disney has said this will EXACTLY be what happens. There will be some kind of "ship" you board from the hotel (probably an elevator or small internal shuttle) that is supposed to open up directly to Galaxy's Edge.

I am curious to read more details of how staying there will actually work. From what I gather it wont be like a normal resort where you can stay for 3 days or 3 weeks. Apparently your stay is limited due to the immersive story line that is happening around you.

Disney has said this will EXACTLY be what happens. There will be some kind of "ship" you board from the hotel (probably an elevator or small internal shuttle) that is supposed to open up directly to Galaxy's Edge.

I am curious to read more details of how staying there will actually work. From what I gather it wont be like a normal resort where you can stay for 3 days or 3 weeks. Apparently your stay is limited due to the immersive story line that is happening around you.
That ship/elevator is for your transport to the hotel itself.

There will be a shuttle to the land between the hotel.

That ship/elevator is for your transport to the hotel itself.

There will be a shuttle to the land between the hotel.

Hmmm.....source on that? I understand the hotel is being built next to the property so it literally opens up directly to the land. A seamless experience going from hotel (ship) to planet (land).

Hmmm.....source on that? I understand the hotel is being built next to the property so it literally opens up directly to the land. A seamless experience going from hotel (ship) to planet (land).
It’s not being built directly connected to the land.

54D94F91-A90B-4081-9BE9-3CC774E7A578.jpeg

Land on the lower left. Hotel on the dirt plot. There will be a shuttle to take you to the land which is seen in the permit documents.

I believe there will be a shuttle -- it does not connect directly.

It's been a while since I watched it, but I recall this being a good little summary of what was known at the time...

DSNY Newscast (‪@DSNYNewscast‬)
11/29/18, 7:31 PM

NEW Details Revealed for STAR WARS HOTEL Coming To Walt Disney World - Disney News - 11/29/18 #StarWarsHotel WATCH on YouTube - youtu.be/sFKiN-g-DaMpic.

twitter.com/wqSP2YBIPY

My understanding from something I read (cannot remember where) is that this hotel may work more like a cruise ship where the entire hotel fills and leaves on the same day. Does anyone else remember reading this?

My understanding from something I read (cannot remember where) is that this hotel may work more like a cruise ship where the entire hotel fills and leaves on the same day. Does anyone else remember reading this?
Yes, I believe Bob Chapek mentioned it and there were floor plans

That's what heavy equipment is for....
That may be so, but piling up earth for compaction is also a common process. It was used when the build the Seven Dwarfs Mine ride in Fantasyland also...

As a surveyor I can also say that this is common practice. There is typically a few settlement plates at the bottom of the pile with a rod sticking up from each for measurement. These will be checked on a regular basis and when they stop moving, construction can typically begin.

The picture a couple pages back, what is meant by Guardians staging? That picture doesn't look like it's anywhere near Epcot? Sorry if this is a silly question - I don't know what that means!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter