"AFI" at MGM?

luvdamouse

Mouseketeer
Hi! I've printed several tips from this board, which include some about MGM. In those, "AFI" is mentioned. I can't figure out what or where this is. Can anyone help?

Thank you!
Joni

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

At the end of the Studio backlot tour tram ride they let you out at AFI. This to me is one of the best places at MGM. Inside the building is a group of props from some recent and some old movies. Last December had two cars from one of my favorite movies. The "Leslie" Special and the "Hanibal 8" from the Great Race. They change some of the exibits every couple of months. There are some award plaques on one wall and of course the gift shop. It empties out fast just hang around a couple minutes and you have the place to yourself ....well until the next tram unloads.
RussH

I believe AFI is American Film Institute. Russ gave a good description. However, when we took the tour two weeks ago, AFI was not open. We like spending time in there looking at the exhibits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter