After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Are snack carts in the same places each night? Do they give you a map at check in/when they give you bracelets? If no maps/or if the snack carts are always in the same places can someone post where the snack carts are for HS/MK AH?

Are snack carts in the same places each night? Do they give you a map at check in/when they give you bracelets? If no maps/or if the snack carts are always in the same places can someone post where the snack carts are for HS/MK AH?

No map, just the 1 page sheet. I remember the one in Toy Story Land was right before the walk way to Slinky Dog. The popcorn cart to the right as you walk from Hollywood Blvd to Animation Courtyard had all snacks. This is the list of locations from February.

IMG_2479.jpeg

We’ve been to several DAH at MK. The ones I remember are
- Tomorrowland before Space Mt & another to the right before the Speedway as you walk towards Fantasyland.
- Fantasyland outside of Pinocchio Village House. Sometimes there is one by the big walls across from Mine Train or behind it, near Gaston’s Tavern
- Liberty Square in front of Liberty Tree Tavern
- Adventureland between Jungle Cruise & Pirates, it’s across from Tiki Room
- in the Hub at the popcorn cart to the right as you look at the castle. I *think* the cart on the right may have been open the last time we were there, but not positive.

We went to only 1 at Epcot, it was 4th of July week last year. I know the popcorn cart near Creations was open as a snack location as was the one across from the Imagination Pavillion. In World Showcase, there was ice cream outside of Norway, but I don’t think that one had ice cream. The popcorn cart at Canada had maple popcorn & drinks, I don’t remember if there was ice cream there. The 2 carts in Future World definitely had popcorn, ice cream & drinks.

There might be more, but those are the ones I remember. And with the construction walls down at Epcot, things might be moved.

Last edited:
We only went to the one in Tomorrowland (3 times) at MK. There were 2 long tables set up right across from each other with drinks, ice cream, and popcorn on both sides. This was between the Astro orbiter and Space Mtn. Our last visit was quite late and one of the sides had gone away, but they still had plenty of all the items available at the other side.

They may have consolidated them a bit. In previous years I remember getting popcorn one place and ice cream in another. The popcorn is no longer fresh at popcorn carts, it is all boxed up ahead of time.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm thinking of hopping down for a night of Halloween at MK and hopefully a DHS AH. Does anyone know when they will announce DHS AH past July, or if they will even have them?

Thank you!

Thinking about Epcot after hours. Is there any real benefit over the extra hours for deluxe guests? Trying to see how many times i can probably ride guardians and how long the waits usually are for it. Thanks

How was it? How many times did you end up riding guardians?
We are not guardians people so zero. We enjoyed it but we generally do whatever after hours events are going on when we are at Disney. We stayed for about 2 hours of it, rode Remy twice (although Remy went down just as the event started, so we did a lot of back tracking). Test track went down. Twice. Spaceship earth went down once. There were a ton of photo pass opportunities too which we really enjoy. The free beverages were clutch because it was so hot.

We’re glad we did it but we also generally enjoy any after hours event.

So... last two times I was at EPCOT I was unable to ride Test Track because of various things (wait times, lack of interest from others in the party, etc). We are doing a cruise so my wife and I are doing EPCOT AH the night before. Gonna ride Test Track! Woohoo!

Oh wait... just saw Test Track is going down for refurbishment in late June and I'll be a the final EPCOT AH event on July 18th.

(insert sad trombone sounds)

I'm still excited, but the other AH event I did was HS and obviously there a lot more rides there. Now with one of the main rides for me at EPCOT (well, GoG obviously is the *main* reason) being down I'm a little bummed. At least I will be able to see Moana attraction at night and eat chocolate Mickeys!

How was it? How many times did you end up riding guardians?
We go tomorrow and our goal is to try to ride it as many times as we can. Had previously done the first one last year and had a bad experience. Hoping this one goes well! Probably won't report back til after our trip. Hubby will be doing DHS with my girls, so can give feedback on that one too!

Going to Epcot AH in a little over a week. We only care about the rides and snacks! :-) We're not really interested in the characters or photo ops for the most part. Does it seem doable to do the below (not in that order)? If so - is there a specific strategy if your goal is just rides?

Remy X2
GotG X2
Soarin X2
Spaceship Earth X2
Nemo
The Land
Frozen
Test Track

Going to Epcot AH in a little over a week. We only care about the rides and snacks! :-) We're not really interested in the characters or photo ops for the most part. Does it seem doable to do the below (not in that order)? If so - is there a specific strategy if your goal is just rides?

Remy X2
GotG X2
Soarin X2
Spaceship Earth X2
Nemo
The Land
Frozen
Test Track
It feels aggressive but a lot will depend on GotG wait times when you visit. They can change greatly. I would also recommend single rider for TT.

Remy X2
GotG X2
Soarin X2
Spaceship Earth X2
Nemo
The Land
Frozen
Test Track
My 2 cents: that is a lot because you will spend a lot of time walking. We did Epcot AH a year ago and if I recall correctly, you are not allowed to walk through the countries between France and maybe Norway. You will devote a lot of time walking to and from Remy and also to and from Frozen. You also may be doing what I often do: underestimate how long it takes to ride a ride. GotG will take a while even if there is no wait before the pre-show. By the way, there will be a wait before the pre-show. Spaceship Earth will eat up some time to ride. Several of the rides will just take time.

I hope you can do it all! We loved our night in Epcot. By the way, get the maple popcorn in Canada. It is free during AH.

My 2 cents: that is a lot because you will spend a lot of time walking. We did Epcot AH a year ago and if I recall correctly, you are not allowed to walk through the countries between France and maybe Norway. You will devote a lot of time walking to and from Remy and also to and from Frozen. You also may be doing what I often do: underestimate how long it takes to ride a ride. GotG will take a while even if there is no wait before the pre-show. By the way, there will be a wait before the pre-show. Spaceship Earth will eat up some time to ride. Several of the rides will just take time.

I hope you can do it all! We loved our night in Epcot. By the way, get the maple popcorn in Canada. It is free during AH.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been watching wait times and it seems like things slow down a lot for some of the rides around 7:30. So we could potentially do Soarin, The Land or SE before AH starts leaving more time during the event for the rest of the rides. Should we start in Frances, then go through FW, then do Frozen at the end? Thanks!

I just watched a youtube video of Epcot AH and Guardians went down during the event. I can't even imagine how disappointed I'll be if that happens. Is this a ride that goes down a lot? Wondering how often that happens during the AH events.

I just watched a youtube video of Epcot AH and Guardians went down during the event. I can't even imagine how disappointed I'll be if that happens. Is this a ride that goes down a lot? Wondering how often that happens during the AH events.
Rides go down all the time.
You'll need to set realistic expectations.
Could happen but probably not for the entire event.

We went the first time they had the event, and there was a point that Guardians, Remy, and Test Track were all down. Needless to say, it was a mess, and a lot of people left unhappy.

I have heard plenty of positive reports since then. But they do include in the fine print that no ride is guaranteed. If that’s your only goal and you’d be disappointed if it were down, probably not worth doing.

We went the first time they had the event, and there was a point that Guardians, Remy, and Test Track were all down. Needless to say, it was a mess, and a lot of people left unhappy.

I have heard plenty of positive reports since then. But they do include in the fine print that no ride is guaranteed. If that’s your only goal and you’d be disappointed if it were down, probably not worth doing.
I would not typically do this (because I understand things happen), but if that happened at my EPCOT AH I would probably try to get a refund. I know things happen but wow -- I can only imagine how that affected everything. Soarin', Frozen probably had insane waits because of that.

I would not typically do this (because I understand things happen), but if that happened at my EPCOT AH I would probably try to get a refund. I know things happen but wow -- I can only imagine how that affected everything. Soarin', Frozen probably had insane waits because of that.
I tried. They didn’t care. Went to Guest Relations as we were leaving and all they said was “thanks for your feedback”. Followed up with an email and nothing.

Going in today with a positive attitude! Already booked a ILL for GoTG just in case! It’s going to be a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter