Afternoon tea

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I've finally found something that my DH actually commented on for this trip. I told him I'd love for the two of us to go to an afternoon tea, while we're at WDW. Since we never have time alone, he jumped right on that. :teeth: We like the traditional offerings of tea sandwiches, scones, strawberries w/cream, & pastries, or chocolates. Also, since it's our one time alone, we would want a glass of champagne. I know about the tea at GF, but the reviews don't look great, and although I'm one who loves kids, and am never bothered by them, I would like something more romantic, sans kids. Anyone know what I'm looking for. I would love to be able to do this with him, because so far, it's really the only thing he wants to do. By the way, if it matters we will be at WDW Dec. 23rd thru Jan. 2nd, staying at FW. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

There is a children's tea and a regular tea at GF. The regular one I believe is listed as the Garden View Tea at GF. Sometimes children do attend this with adults. We have gone twice and enjoyed it both times. We will be going again in Dec., taking my mother. GF will be beautifully decorated for Christmas in Dec. During the tea we have been able to hear the pianist and the big band alternate playing times. I think you would really enjoy this tea.

I would TOTALLY recommend the Garden Tea at the GF. I do it every time I'm there, whether it's with DH, DS or just by myself. It's relaxing, romantic and just plain fun. (And the scones are to DIE for!) You don't even have to drink tea if you don't care for it. Just sit back, relax and enjoy!:flower:

The tea at GF is great - DD and I did this last Dec. and had a wonderful time!! We had the Buckingham Palace and the Gentleman's Platter, and we enjoyed both. I have to second that "to die for" vote for the scones! MMMMM!

And you get to look at the beautiful GF lobby with it's gorgeous Christmas decorations!! The gingerbread house was awesome!

Good luck, and have a great trip!:wave:

Thanks for your reviews. My daughter is taking me to tea at the GF for Christmas!!! I can't wait!:Pinkbounc

we love the afternoon tea! we usually have the buckingham which is what i will order in december. however, the gents in our party are considering the prince edward's tea. go and enjoy!!:tongue:

my husband and I make afternoon tea a "must-do" for every trip to WDW. We always have the Grand Tea, which comes with a glass of champagne, a selection of tea sandwiches, choice of tea, scones, and english trifle or strawberries and cream for dessert. It's yummy and very filling - we never need to eat dinner after having this at mid-afternoon.

The atmosphere is wonderful and the service is great - it's always a relaxing and enjoyable experience for us.

Give it a try - I bet it's even better during the holidays!

Well, you talked me into it. :teeth: I just booked Dec. 26th, @ 2:00pm. Is this a good time? Thanks! You guys are great, and very helpful. :)

You will be fine at 2:00 pm. That is when they open so you will be in the first group seated and served. Everything will be fresh and pretty.

We love the tea!! My whole family went and enjoyed it very much, even my picky Dad!

I booked the afternoon tea for my MIL and I in December. We are planning to leave the DH's and DD2 in the MK and take an afternoon break here. One question, how do you normally dress for the tea? Is there a dress code?

Nicki

It's too bad the Tea Caddy in Epcot's UK doesn't serve a Tea. They sell dried teas and sweets. If you don't want to go the GF route, you might post on the UK board about where people go for their afternoon tea. I doubt they all hike over to the GF.

Originally posted by tarheelmjfan
Well, you talked me into it. :teeth: I just booked Dec. 26th, @ 2:00pm. Is this a good time? Thanks! You guys are great, and very helpful. :)

We'll be there with you! I booked the tea for my Mother and myself also on 12/26 at 2!

Hope to see you there!

Hi,

Mom & I love the Garden Veiw Tea @ GF. It runs from 2 to 6 p.m. Book when you can as its popular! Can't wait to go back in December! Enjoy!

Allison

horner5,
I'll try to remember to be showing some lime green. If I forget, we'll be the lady with long blonde hair, with the DH that looks 20 years older than her, but isn't. :tongue: Maybe, you shouldn't mention that last comment if you run into us. :teeth:

My wife and myself are going to be having the afternoon tea for the first time in December. After reading such good things about the tea here on the boards, we just knew we had to do it.

Originally posted by mickeyschickie
I booked the afternoon tea for my MIL and I in December. We are planning to leave the DH's and DD2 in the MK and take an afternoon break here. One question, how do you normally dress for the tea? Is there a dress code?

Nicki

I think you will see all kinds of dress there, we usually go in what we would wear to the park since we usually come from MK.

You will see some people really dressed up too, anything you wear, in my opinion, you will be fine!

The high tea at the GF is fabulous! I would't classify it as romantic, but that is probably it is always me and my daughter!! We call it "fancy!"--she is 4! When we've been at the tea, there have been very few children, I think possibly because they go to the tea with the characters? I'm sure you'll love it if you decide to go. We're already looking forward to our next trip in June!

I'd love to do this, but I don't think my dh or any of my three sons will go with me. :(

Originally posted by Tink561
I'd love to do this, but I don't think my dh or any of my three sons will go with me. :(

I would just book it and say you are going with me!
LOL
That is what i did on our Disney Cruise, and my DH ended up loving it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter