Afternoon tea

Originally posted by StaceyA
I would just book it and say you are going with me!
LOL
That is what i did on our Disney Cruise, and my DH ended up loving it!

I might do that. Funny, I just did this with The Nutcracker for this December. I told my boys, "I'm going and you're going with me." I never thought about doing that for the tea....good idea, thanks!:teeth:

Tink561 - just book it! I don't know why the male gender is so against the idea of afternoon tea, it's just a meal, and a really good one at that! My DH went with me and my mom last year and we had such a good time. The food is great and the CM's are so nice. It was our best meal that trip.

Originally posted by Tink561
I might do that. Funny, I just did this with The Nutcracker for this December. I told my boys, "I'm going and you're going with me." I never thought about doing that for the tea....good idea, thanks!:teeth:

do it, do it!! LOL

After reading all these reveiws, I decided that would be the perfect way to start our MVMCP night, so I called and got a 2:00 PS for us.. will that be a good time and then just ride the monorail over the MK for the party?

I was wondering how much to order..?? Does each person order a "tea selection" or are they big enough to share? Is the tea served in the lobby area or the dining room? Can you see the lobby from where they serve the tea?

We have never done anything like this, and I can't believe my DH agreed! I did tell him he could probably order something else to drink.. I believe I saw some place that someone said you could even order a beer? Is that true?
How long are you typically there for? Just wondering when we will be able to head over to the MK

thanks for listening.. I'm getting so excited about this trip ! I read these boards every day.. everyone is great!

Originally posted by Cheryle423
After reading all these reveiws, I decided that would be the perfect way to start our MVMCP night, so I called and got a 2:00 PS for us.. will that be a good time and then just ride the monorail over the MK for the party?
Sorry, cannot help you on this.

I was wondering how much to order..?? Does each person order a "tea selection" or are they big enough to share?
Each person can order a "tea selection" (several choices are available). You can also order a la carte. We always each order a tea selection. DW usually has the Buckingham Palace tea and I enjoy Prince Edward's tea. A single tea selection would not be enough to feed two people if this is to be a reasonable substitute for a late lunch.

Is the tea served in the lobby area or the dining room? Can you see the lobby from where they serve the tea?
The tea is served in the Garden View Lounge, a smaller dining room adjacent to the lobby area, but separated from it by a couple of stairs and a railing across the front. You can see some of the lobby, but definitely feel that you're in a different space.

We have never done anything like this, and I can't believe my DH agreed! I did tell him he could probably order something else to drink.. I believe I saw some place that someone said you could even order a beer? Is that true?
Actually, some of the teas come with champagne or port (the Prince Edwards Tea includes a glass of port), and I've been asked if I'd like to order something else to drink, so I'm sure a beer would be available a la carte.

How long are you typically there for? Just wondering when we will be able to head over to the MK
We're usually there for 75 to 90 minutes after we've been seated.

thanks for listening.. I'm getting so excited about this trip ! I read these boards every day.. everyone is great!
You're welcome.

Ralph

I can't believe my DH agreed!

Great for you! I dragged my DH along a few years ago, and now he's the one who insists on going every trip! (He's hooked on the scones). Just a few notes to reassure any DH who thinks this might not be his "thing"
* You can get any tea iced. The raspberry herbal is especially nice as an iced tea and somehow drinking a glass of iced tea isn't quite so girly as sipping from Royal Doulton with your pinkie raised :smooth:
* If your DH doesn't care for some of the tea sandwiches (for example the cucumber and/or the poached pear) you can substitute them for tuna or PB & J
*We always roll away completely stuffed, but if you're super hungry, get the fruit & cheese platter
* As of May, the only tea they serve as Decaf is Earl Grey. It's not on the menu, you have to ask.

Have a wonderful time

Thanks for the quick response..that helps alot., sounds like the 2:00 will be perfect for us to get to the MK around 4 or so.. ! I am filling out my Passporter tonight with all the info...

As the song goes... "I'm so excited".......!!!

VickiB31...
Thanks for the iced tea suggestion! DH loves that so that might help his mood some! I know he is going to cringe at the cucumber sandwiches.. but knowing he can order some fruit and cheese will also help!

But the best is that we will be going to MVMCP afterwards, so everyone will be in good spirits no matter what! Besides, how can you not be there, right!

Thanks again for the quick responses!

Originally posted by Tink561
I'd love to do this, but I don't think my dh or any of my three sons will go with me. :(
Why not go by yourself? We went with our kids for our 10th anniversary in August. I enjoyed it so much that I went back a few days later and had tea by myself. It was wonderful.

I'm the OP, and I read that the food was rather tasteless, mostly because they scrimped on the fillings for the scones, etc. Sorry, I can't remember where I saw the review. After planning 2 or 3 meals a day for 11 days, all the sites kind of run together. :crazy: I'm definitely not worried about it now, because it seems that many more people enjoy the tea. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I took a friend and four little girls to the Afternoon Tea in June and we all just loved it. For this next trip, I'm taking my aunt (70's) for tea and I know she'll love it. We asked my father (80) and my uncle (70's) and they said they'd find something else to do while we're at the tea. That's okay with me, I'd rather it just be myself and my aunt.:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter