• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air Canada Food Services

CdnDisneyNut

<font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<
Just heard on th e radio that Air Canada will no longer will be offering free meals on their short haul flights. Restaurant style food can be purchased for $12.00
So if I travel wit AC it will be BYOF (Bring Your Own Food)

I heard too ... Anyone think they'll lower the prices because we're not getting free meals anymore (yeah right :rolleyes: ) Is this just for domestic flights or for all flights?

Here's a link to their press release for those interested in the story...

http://www.aircanada.ca/about-us/news/030722.html

I have just booked our flight with Air Canada for week of Oct 7-14,03 and it was the cheapest one going (even cheaper than Air Transat, I had to pick myself up off the floor!). We choose them as we can pre-book our seats for free vs the $20.00 each on AT. The no food is o.k. with us as we have an early flight and can eat at the hotel in the a.m. Was the food anything to rave about anyway?

You know, I may be the only Canadian to feel this way (or the only one brave/foolish enough to admit it), but I always enjoyed the food I had on my AC flights, it was usually pretty good. :o :) :)

I'm sure I'll be buying something to eat, even if it's only to distract myself from how high up we are (it's just not natural!!! :eek: ) ;)

Bunnyfoo, I believe it's only applies to flights of 3 hours or less. If you're flying executive class, you'll still receive a meal. :)

Having flown AC the last two times to Disney I can honestly say that I think this will be an improvement. The food - when/if it was offered was not great and the meals were very small. I was planning to bring my own food this trip as this is what I ended up doing on the return flight last time! This way I can save packing the lunch and buy something half decent. :bounce:

Paying for food might not be a bad option ... last year when we took the 8PM Toronto to Orlando flight, they did not have any food other than snacks like apples or Kit Kat. I was kind of surprised because I thought they would have offered something more substantial, especially since it is recommended that you get to the airport at least 2 hours ahead of time. If we were paying for food, at least we'd have an option.

Originally posted by Hev71
I have just booked our flight with Air Canada for week of Oct 7-14,03 and it was the cheapest one going (even cheaper than Air Transat, I had to pick myself up off the floor!). We choose them as we can pre-book our seats for free vs the $20.00 each on AT. The no food is o.k. with us as we have an early flight and can eat at the hotel in the a.m. Was the food anything to rave about anyway?
Hev71 - Would you mind telling me what kind of price you got with Air Canada? My neighbour & her DD are thinking of joining us in October if they can get a good price on airfare...so far the best rate with AC from Ottawa for the two of them is $1600. :eek: and $1300 through Expedia on different US Airlines. It would be great if they could fly Air Canada with us but not at that price. Thanks.

I just wanted to share this lik - it is a pretty cool site

http://www.airlinemeals.net/

Airline Meals.net - listed by airline - hilarious photos of inflight meals from hundreds of airlines... some are really bizarre... some are non existant - like the photos of empty trays :)

People submit their photos after flights - its fun to flip through.

Some of the 1st class meals look amazing - some of the orient airlines food looks scary, some of the "snack" service pics are cute.. like a kitkat bar and a water :p

Enjoy

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by DisneyLisa
Hev71 - Would you mind telling me what kind of price you got with Air Canada? My neighbour & her DD are thinking of joining us in October if they can get a good price on airfare...so far the best rate with AC from Ottawa for the two of them is $1600. :eek: and $1300 through Expedia on different US Airlines. It would be great if they could fly Air Canada with us but not at that price. Thanks.

Hi DisneyLisa,
We booked on July 18 and we each paid (2 adults) $269.00 Cdn + $189.00 or so in taxes (total $458.00), from T.O...It isn't exact but very close! Apparently that flight with AC was wide open at that time.
Hopefully they can work something out!! Have a good one!
Hev71

Thanks Hev71...that's a lot better than $1600...I can't believe there's that much of an extra charge for the Ottawa to Toronto leg of the journey. Maybe she can call again & see what's available. Thanks.

For a 2-1/2 hour flight, I can forgo rubber fake scrambled eggs, a questionable sausage and a mouthful of watery OJ. To suggest that the meals are even worth the $12 they plan on charging is scary. Pack a lunch. We always do and are always the envy of those around us. In fact, on a trip to Los Angeles, a flight attendant suggested we made the right decision to pack our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter