Air conditioned hangout for each park?

Epcot-the land pavilion (buy a drink), France-loop between the movies and the quick service restaurant, go see the American Adventure.
Hollywood Studios: One Man’s Dream, order lunch at docking bay and sit inside, the new Mickey movie and then line up for the Mickey ride.
Magic Kingdom: hall of presidents and get food at Pinocchio’s or Cosmic Rays; carousel of progress
Animal Kingdom: tough to be a big movie, flight of passage, (good luck, this place is always HOT!)

I haven't seen It's Tough to be a Bug in years - good call on it being a good place to cool off. I'll stop in on my next visit!

I haven't been there for about a year now, but did they shut off the AC? Last I remember every store, eatery, indoor attraction had AC or just ride a bus that will chill you to the bone.

Walking into any souvenir shop should do the trick (though maybe some access is limited because of social distancing).

There are "relaxation zones" in each park where folks can remove masks, and I believe some are indoors with A/C.
  • MK has 3 locations - the one in Fantasyland is A/C
  • EPCOT has 2 locations - the one in Norway has A/C
  • DHS has 2 locations - the one at SWGE has A/C
  • AK has 2 locations - but I'm not sure if either has A/C

There are "relaxation zones" in each park where folks can remove masks, and I believe some are indoors with A/C.

Pizzafari does have A/C

and Tomorrowland Terrace although open air they do have A/C vents along with fans so it's very cool on a hot day
And the DHS at SWGE is not A/C it's outdoors with very little in terms of shade, the other one is Launch Bay which is A/C

Thanks for the replies! Great ideas!
Recently had surgery and thought this would be a good alternative to returning to the room for a couple of hours while the rest of my group goes on rides. We have dining reservations so I don't want to leave for too long, but will need to be able to sit down and cool off.

Do also keep in mind that you can basically make any stationery space you feel comfortable your own personal relaxation station. You can remove your mask while eating/drinking anywhere on property so long as you aren’t moving. We had a cheat sheet from a blogger on all the designated relaxation stations but it’s not always close by or convenient.

EPCOT, the F&W tent between Canada and UK was pretty great. You may have to stalk a bit to get a chair.

Also, the alcoholic Frozen Smore drink was STRONG and delicious. Have 2 and hang out.

Is there a list somewhere?
I copied this from my re-opening thread on the disABILITIES Forum:

RELAXATION STATION LOCATIONS
These are areas where guests may remove their face coverings within the parks. Social distancing is still required within these locations. Possible limit of 30 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be officially posted. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrances.

MK has 3 locations:
  • Adventureland - between Adventureland and Frontierland, next to A Pirates Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas and near the (closed) Golden Oak Outpost dining - allowing some tables to be used for the relaxation station
  • Tomorrowland - at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, which is currently closed for dining; this location is open air but also has A/C vents
  • Fantasyland - at Pete's Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus since there are no character greets; this is a completely indoors, air-conditioned with some tables/seating and other circles designating areas for groups to stand
AK has 2 locations:
  • Discovery Island - at the (closed) Pizzafari, allowing use of some tables and chairs; this location has A/C
  • Asia - near the entrance to Up! A Great Bird Adventure named Upcountry Landing, with tables and chairs, overlooking the waterway; bonus is ability to see some character cavalcades from here
DHS has 2 locations:
  • Star Wars Launch Bay (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character meet and greet located in the Animation Courtyard)
  • Near Rise of the Resistance (This is an open air location that will be located near the Rise of the Resistance ride)
EPCOT has 2 locations:
  • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character dining location in Norway in the World Showcase)
  • Yorkshire County Fish Shop (This is an open air outside location located in the UK Pavilion in World Showcase)
  • Between Mission Space and Test Track (This is an open air outside location located in Future World East)
DISNEY SPRINGS has 1 location:
  • near part of the M&F tram loading area
These locations are marked on the park maps, which are available on the app (if you like hard-copy maps, like I do, you may want to print and bring with you because I think I read they do not have hard-copies available).

My fave spot is the space mountain gift shop, way to the side there’s a walled off seating area with no stools and charging stations. Mask needed though of course.

I'm going to put on my COVID safety hat here and say that gathering indoors is not a great idea. That in mind, I will implore you to keep the mask on as much as possible and suggest the following;
  • DHS - exit to TSMM. All of Toy Story land is HOT, but there is some respite here. It's technically outside, shaded, and the AC from the show building is strong in this location. We rode TSMM then hung out here to get the ROFR BP's. There was another family that joined us. FTR, we got BG 10, they got BG 7, so WiFi is great here too.
  • AK - Explore the MANY shaded wilderness trails. They are uncrowded and, for a park that is known to be ultra-hot, pleasantly less hot, if not downright cool.
  • EPCOT and MK - got nothing, sorry.
I DO NOT recommend the relaxation station in SW:GE. Geez, could they not pick a hotter location? No shade other than the small umbrellas they put there and no air flow as it sits back in a little cove surrounded on 3 sides by rocks. My wife hung out there to try and cool down when we rode Smuggler's Run and ended up in worse shape.

Nomad Lounge is my go-to spot in Animal Kingdom! It's relaxing, cold, and my favorite place. And yes, the Food and Wine tent in EPCOT is huge and the air conditioning is on point, but it's all standing tables.

Nomad Lounge is my go-to spot in Animal Kingdom! It's relaxing, cold, and my favorite place. And yes, the Food and Wine tent in EPCOT is huge and the air conditioning is on point, but it's all standing tables.
not all standing tables, they have a lot of tables with chairs scattered around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter