Airfare from Albany NY to Orlando

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
Just got my newest message from Southwest. Although there are dates it doesnt' work for...flights are $39 each way. That's the cheapest I have ever seen it!

I already booked USAirways from Albany to Orlando, direct
flights each way, for early December. It was $ 215.50 for
just one person. I prefer having a pre-arranged window
seat, that I know that I cannot get with Southwest.
That $ 39.00 seems too good to be true. What was the
catch ????

Thanks for the heads up.

There are some restrictions on travel dates and days of the week. Other than that there are no catches. I just booked our November trip. Actually, changed our trip. We had tickets on Delta with miles. I will redeposit those for use some other time. Due to the date restrictions on the SWA fare we are forced to go to WDW for 2 extra days. Oh, the horrors. Thanks again.

No catches,,some holiday blackouts..but just the usual..I use Southwest all the time. If you get thee early, you get in line for your seat, and pick it as you are lined up. We have always lucked out and gotten good seats. When they first announced the sale (last week it was $49, and I thought that was good), there were lots of empty spaces..they are pretty full for anything this summer, but lots of great times left for Fall. They have some that are straight through (I try for those..I leave in the morning, and in 3 hours I'm there, and leave in the evening..so I get full days), and some that have connections, just like other airlines.
Right now, you get a free ticket for each 4 round trip tickets you buy, so it's a real deal!! That will soon be changing to free ticket after 8 flights.

There is no catch, I got that email and booked a flight from Albany for Nov 29 - Dec 2 for $179 total with tax round trip for two. We are going to bring the kids to my parents house (we are from the Boston area) and leave from Albany.

Jason

Gee - and I live only 5 miles from
Albany airport. If that deal was for me
to leave from Boston area, I would hate
that. For me, it would feel like it
would not be worth the savings. I now
do solo trips to WDW. I suppose if I
had kids with me, I would then add up
those savings and drive further to get
the plane.

Actually, we have to go to Albany to drop the kids off at my parents house. I didn't even look in Boston. It was perfect. Besides, we make that drive about 15 times per year since we are from the Albany area and all of our family is still there. It really isn't that big of a deal. It's about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. When we took the kids in February we left out of Boston and our tickets were 170 each. However, with a family of 5, that would save us 450 bucks. If you take away the 40 for gas and tolls then add 80 for parking since we will leave the car at my parents house we would end up with $490 extra... I think I will look into that next time :-).

Jason

Claudia,
I think we in Schenectady are now spoiled LOL! I remember back before Airtran (all gone now) and Southwest. Syracuse and Boston was a real savings for the 3 hours you had to go, especially with kids! And we didn't have grandparents in those city's!
Today I booked us to Florida for $89.50 round trip for Aug 28th! And like you, I'm just a few miles from the airport! I was lucky enough on my second call today (first call told me they were booked solid using the code) to book two rooms at All Star Sports, at $54 tax included too! Great bargain day.

Doris

I've been waiting for an affordable fare for a Thanksgiving trip so we didn't have to drive. The $358 roundtrip total for four hit the spot. Thanks for the heads up! An hour and a half drive to Albany and a non-stop flight is a lot easier than 22 hours in a van with a 4 and 6 year old.

I just went on the Southwest site and didn't find the Albany to Orlando $39 rate - is it just for those who got the email? The cheapest restricted fare I found was for $117. Any ideas? Thanks!:)

My dates are 10/19-10/26. Does that mean that I have to wait til 14 days out - nah, that means that I have to buy 14 days or longer right? I'm so confused!!:eek:

Jasmine206

There are only so many seats available for the $39 one-way fare. Is there any flexibility in your travel dates? Non are available for your Oct. 19th flight; however, the special fare is available for Oct 17th or Oct. 20th for your flight out. And there was availability on your original date of Oct. 26th coming back.

You know that is a thought - we just signed our closing for OKW at DVC and we have 98 points to use or bank by November! Maybe we will go a couple of days earlier and stay our first time at OKW for a few days. Thanks for all the info - really appreciate it! :D

Hey I'm from Binghamton also....Make sure you go into reservations for the internet rates. I went into schedules and it only gives the higher rates...GOOD LUCK! We're going on the $39 rate 11/28 - 12/3...Can't wait, couldn't pass it up!

Unfortunately we had booked nonrefundable with USAir out of Syracuse, so I guess this is a lesson learned! Besides, as new DVCers, we'll be going more! Can't wait and have a great time yourself!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter