• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airfare through Expedia

Luvdisney

DIS Veteran
Well, I'm bummed. Yesterday I went on Expedia and was quoted $616.00 for 4 RT tickets from Newport News Va to Orlando in March. After entering my information and CC I got a message that stated the fare had changed and went up. It went up another $130.00 do you want to continue. I said yes, Then I got a message that there was an error in my transaction and to try back in 10 min. After 10 min I tried and got a fare quote for 947.00 for the same RT tickets. This was still 20.00 cheaper then anyone else. So, I booked and this time the transaction went through. Now today I looked on the expedia site and they are quoting the exact same flight for the 616.00 fare again. So I call them and the agent confirms that this fare is available. So now I madder then mad. The Expedia agents said sometimes this happen but not often and sorry we can't refund the differance. Has this happened to anyone else? Never used expedia before and I think I never will again.

That was cheaper than anyone else, you say? Don't forget they add fees that aren't there when you book directly.

Yes, I know they add fees. But the fees and taxes were in the total already. The total included taxes, airport sur-charge and FedX fee.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Expedia. I wonder if you might try calling the airline directly to see if there is anything they can do for you?

Alternatively you could try calling Expedia customer service and asking to speak to a supervisor - then try to explain that your transaction encountered some glitches and you'd really like to change to the lowered price?

Hope it works out :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter