Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Re the last Bonus Boom (February)

I did the redeem 95 AM cash at both Sobeys and Foodland. Foodland have posted for me but nothing yet from Sobeys. Has anyone received their 25AM for the offer from Sobeys yet?

I did the redeem 95 AM cash at both Sobeys and Foodland. Foodland have posted for me but nothing yet from Sobeys. Has anyone received their 25AM for the offer from Sobeys yet?
I just checked my account and I used 95 cash Airmiles at Sobeys for that promo and still have not received the 25 bonus Airmiles.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
my shell is 3 but I'm not going to be doing it anymore, I'll be lucky to get 2. Had a call from the hospital in Brampton and both techs have quit meaning the clinic is closed and I'm without treatments again. 😔

that also means I won't be making any sobeys shopping either
So sorry that that is happening, Jacqueline. I hope that there is a resolution soon for the now closed clinic.
I got the same Shell offer I have gotten the last few months - fill up with 30lt twice get 50 miles and after the third fill up get another 50 for a total of 100 miles. My sister's is fill up 3 times with 30ltrs get 50 miles and the 4th fill up gets another 50 miles. I will do my card first and then we work on my sisters card. The saving 3cents a litre with a CAA helps but now I have a 10cent off per litre at Petro Canada so decisions decisions.
Ooh! I will have to watch and see if I get that one. 10 cents off a litre is better than Shell for me because our little Shell isn't corporate so the CAA discounts aren't applied.

So sorry that that is happening, Jacqueline. I hope that there is a resolution soon for the now closed clinic.

Ooh! I will have to watch and see if I get that one. 10 cents off a litre is better than Shell for me because our little Shell isn't corporate so the CAA discounts aren't applied.
Sorry my Petro Canada isn't an offer as I cashed in points for the 10cents off per litre Gas card.

I checked my account and I have 2 25 AirMIles from Sobeys and 1 from Foodland so I guess that might be them. I think I have 2 from Sobeys as I didn't think that I had activated the offer before I shopped so I did it again. It's not like I don't have enough cash miles for it and I earn 25 bonus miles so really only costing me 70 miles. My Mom's account has 1 Sobeys and 1 Foodland as well.

Had a call from the hospital in Brampton and both techs have quit meaning the clinic is closed and I'm without treatments again. 😔

that also means I won't be making any sobeys shopping either
Jaqueline @Donald - my hero ugh...that just makes my heart sink for you. I hope that the clinic can find a way to reopen again and provide such a great service to you and others. I sure hope you can find another program/clinic that will pick up where the other clinic left off.

Budget review
since we are bulk buying products we regularly use when they go on sale I am going to skip the Sobeys Gift Card deal this time around.
I like the feature that Reebee has where you can just plug in what you are looking for and it lists all the stores and prices.
My search for butter:
https://www.reebee.com/flyers?categoryID=2&q=butter&selectorHref=/flyers

I am lucky though because I have a great variety of grocery stores close by.
I feel this!!!

We are trying to decide if we will switch using either our avion or WJ cc to pay for our major purchases again or stay using our BMO. We would still probably use the BMO for fuel (Shell) as the AM payout is better than any other card. I guess we will need to decide if we are going to try to do one last family trip late this year...or what other trip we want to do. Dh was already looking and dreaming of off-the-wall places (hidden gems) to eat in Orlando. Which is a great sign ;)

Hi all! I’ve been absent for much longer than I realized. Life has been either hectic or so slow that I’m in a coma. I’ve barely done anything AM wise. I might have earned 2000 miles this year. Work had been stressful and just when it settled down at the beginning of March we are looking at another possible bump. Anyway, I’ve been saying for 2 years now…it’s won’t be forever but now it feels like forever.

On a more pleasant note…I’m sitting in the car waiting for DD while she is at callbacks for a position on DCL. They brought her back today with groups that are auditioning for other positions that she didn’t apply for. I’m hoping that this means they are VERY interested in her. They forget to notify her yesterday that she should stay for the callback and emailed her late last night asking her to come in. The woman that checked her in jumped up and said ‘great, you’re here’. I was actually thinking I was losing my day off today but the weather is gorgeous. I walked down the street and got a tea, now I’m just enjoying the sun.

Hi all! I’ve been absent for much longer than I realized. Life has been either hectic or so slow that I’m in a coma. I’ve barely done anything AM wise. I might have earned 2000 miles this year. Work had been stressful and just when it settled down at the beginning of March we are looking at another possible bump. Anyway, I’ve been saying for 2 years now…it’s won’t be forever but now it feels like forever.

On a more pleasant note…I’m sitting in the car waiting for DD while she is at callbacks for a position on DCL. They brought her back today with groups that are auditioning for other positions that she didn’t apply for. I’m hoping that this means they are VERY interested in her. They forget to notify her yesterday that she should stay for the callback and emailed her late last night asking her to come in. The woman that checked her in jumped up and said ‘great, you’re here’. I was actually thinking I was losing my day off today but the weather is gorgeous. I walked down the street and got a tea, now I’m just enjoying the sun.
fingers cross,,,pixie dust your ;way....

UPDATE….they held her back after the audition today with one other girl. They measured her and then asked her if she would like to play Moana!!!! They did the same for the other girl but for Mulan. I had a feeling that something was happening when she was still inside 20 minutes after everyone else left. So it’s not official yet but DCL is in rehearsal here in Toronto right now. I think she said for the Wish.

She has dreamed of being a Disney performer for years. We have joked about her being a princess and which one she could be. It used to be Pocahontas but when Moana came out she said that’s who she wanted to be. Those conversations always ended with her saying I just want to be in the parade…I’d be happy with that. We were both nearly crying with excitement in the car. Don’t know how I didn’t crash….or pee my pants…or both.

UPDATE….they held her back after the audition today with one other girl. They measured her and then asked her if she would like to play Moana!!!! They did the same for the other girl but for Mulan. I had a feeling that something was happening when she was still inside 20 minutes after everyone else left. So it’s not official yet but DCL is in rehearsal here in Toronto right now. I think she said for the Wish.

She has dreamed of being a Disney performer for years. We have joked about her being a princess and which one she could be. It used to be Pocahontas but when Moana came out she said that’s who she wanted to be. Those conversations always ended with her saying I just want to be in the parade…I’d be happy with that. We were both nearly crying with excitement in the car. Don’t know how I didn’t crash….or pee my pants…or both.
How exciting Hon
I am so happy for her.
The Disney Wish looks beautiful!
Congratulations.
Hugs
Mel
1649107863881.png

PS now start earning those Airmiles so you can go on a cruise.

So exciting for daughter! Congratulations to the both of you! What a dream come true!

That's amazing!!!! Congratulations to all of you!!!!!

So exciting for her and the whole family! Please pass on our congratulations. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks everyone....as I said it's not official yet but for sure this is super exciting. It's wonderful for many reasons. She has always had the good fortune of having her inner circle (dance wise) filled with very talented people. It has been a double edged sword many times. She has often found herself just barely losing out to her friends. This particular experience has been an enormous ego boost and at just the right time. She was beyond terrified to even go to the audition. Going forward she will continue to be terrified of these things but at least she knows she can do it and be successful.

LOL....we had a rather lengthy back and forth about her intense fear of boats. She has been offered several cruises with my mom. She won't go because she is afraid the ship will sink but mainly because my mom is difficult. Anyway, she can get past the part about being on a ship but she thinks she can't deal with the no Wifi situation.

Wonder if the mom's get a free (or at least really cheap) cruise?

Thanks everyone....as I said it's not official yet but for sure this is super exciting. It's wonderful for many reasons. She has always had the good fortune of having her inner circle (dance wise) filled with very talented people. It has been a double edged sword many times. She has often found herself just barely losing out to her friends. This particular experience has been an enormous ego boost and at just the right time. She was beyond terrified to even go to the audition. Going forward she will continue to be terrified of these things but at least she knows she can do it and be successful.

LOL....we had a rather lengthy back and forth about her intense fear of boats. She has been offered several cruises with my mom. She won't go because she is afraid the ship will sink but mainly because my mom is difficult. Anyway, she can get past the part about being on a ship but she thinks she can't deal with the no Wifi situation.

Wonder if the mom's get a free (or at least really cheap) cruise?
I had a friend who worked for DCL and said that cabins sometimes open for crew to offer family and friends but it's very last minute. The cost is about half and not on every sailing. You could get lucky. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter