Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yah know when you have everything all planned out and it goes to H%ll and a handbasket..........
went to Metro,,, spend $60 get 60 Bonus Airmiles threshold spend and spend $50 get 25 Carousel game.

My plan ....... stock up on Purex & Paper towels and get some lickables for kitten.

Go through self check out,,, why do the people there think I need help..?????????
Anyway cashier comes over and hits total and I pay then realize the lickables are not rung through.
So instead of one order at $63.45 I have two orders $56.96 and $6.49.

I called Metro customer service and they are going to add the 60 threshold Airmiles for me.
Thank you Metro.

I should also mention I now have 7 Metro prizes of spend $50 get 25 Airmiles but the rules say only one Prize per collector number.

Last edited:
I got the metro spend $50 get 25 am 3 times this morning. Boo!

Also did a grocery order and they were out of just enough to knock me down below $150. Oh well. I am more sad they didn't have the Canadian bacon I stock than the lost airmiles.

Went out with one of my friends last night to see a band that we have been seeing together since 1986. Had a blast and we are going to go see them again when they come back in November. I've got a super sore throat this morning from screaming all night and my legs feel like rubber. It was a total party every single person on their feet dancing the entire show. Such a contrast from seeing Elton John last fall when all the oldsters sat through the whole show and yelled at us to sit down when we up dancing.

BTW...the same disease that takes over at WDW also takes over at concerts. I spent over $200 on merch that I know I am not going to wear.
I have that same disease.....everywhere I go. ;)

Got Hot tub on one account, can't remember on the 2nd and I am saving my roll until later to see if it makes a difference like some guy proved about Roll UP the Rim. He won multiple times rolling up later in the day. I tried it out and got a please play again in the middle of the day and I won a coffee later in the day. I will report back later.

I got the hot tub one 250 airmiles it say on in stock hot tubs but no where does it say on purchase or is there any promo codes . I am assuming you have to purchase
Something and not worth the hassle of filling in the reward form or it is a real reward?

finally picked out a couple of pictures to pay for , super happy I didn't get around to paying for memory maker, would have been a waste of money! Before we got the news mom's health had taken a turn for the worse1011263688_MEDIUM.jpg
And after she'd passed and boy we both look dragged out, but we had so much fun at the after hours party. This shot was taken at 1:24 am1016639093_MEDIUM (2).jpg

finally picked out a couple of pictures to pay for , super happy I didn't get around to paying for memory maker, would have been a waste of money! Before we got the news mom's health had taken a turn for the worseView attachment 751997
And after she'd passed and boy we both look dragged out, but we had so much fun at the after hours party. This shot was taken at 1:24 amView attachment 751998
You did an AMAZING job on your shoulder bag!

i opted in for the metro/shell/ Mastercard offer but forgot to mention it to hubby. Here's proof that it doesn't matter what form of payment you use at shell. I've got him well trained to use the AMEX since it gives us 5x the miles for transportation related charges so that's the card he used.
Screenshot_20230408_224353_AIR MILES.jpg

Got Hot tub on one account, can't remember on the 2nd and I am saving my roll until later to see if it makes a difference like some guy proved about Roll UP the Rim. He won multiple times rolling up later in the day. I tried it out and got a please play again in the middle of the day and I won a coffee later in the day. I will report back later.
The guy is a university prof and what he said basically was that during the day there are times where you are less likely to win. Specifically late afternoon was the worst. The best time was at 3am....I think it was nailed down to 3:12 or 3:16am. Overall though, the percentages were minimal. I put it to the test and for the most part I think that it didn't hold much water. When RUTR is on I always go every single day and often more than once. Ordering through the app you get an extra roll and I sometimes was ordering for co workers and would order those separately to get the extra rolls. Daily I had at least 5 rolls....7-8 on the weekends. I rolled at different times of day including after midnight and I won on approx half my rolls. I won at least one coffee daily and won a couple of other things that I'm not likely to use. I gave away most of them. I'm now trying to use up all my free coffees before they expire which is next Saturday. I've still got some subscription thing...The Athletic. If anyone wants it...it's yours, just let me know.

Well I got some gas and a few things at Shell this afternoon.
I got three extra game plays and YEP
I got three more Metro spend $50 get 25 Airmiles....... up to 12 of them now............
Oh well.
Happy Easter.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
i opted in for the metro/shell/ Mastercard offer but forgot to mention it to hubby. Here's proof that it doesn't matter what form of payment you use at shell. I've got him well trained to use the AMEX since it gives us 5x the miles for transportation related charges so that's the card he used.
View attachment 752039

My wife opted in as well, got gas today and got the base offer and the go+ 2x, but no 10x AM. Even used the BMO mastercard.

Well I got some gas and a few things at Shell this afternoon.
I got three extra game plays and YEP
I got three more Metro spend $50 get 25 Airmiles....... up to 12 of them now............
Oh well.
Happy Easter.
Hugs Mel
They REALLY want you to shop Metro, Mel!

My wife opted in as well, got gas today and got the base offer and the go+ 2x, but no 10x AM. Even used the BMO mastercard.
DH just did the Shell fill-up this evening. The usual Shell points posted but nothing from the 10X. I checked the TC and they say it can take up to two weeks for the bonus to be posted. Will post when mine show up.

Interesting collection of pictures my hubby took at Topolino's within an hour of getting the news of mom's stroke. The entire staff knew since hubby was at the table waiting for me for about 30 minutes while I was pacing the halls on the phone with my sisters. Mickey was the first character directed to our table and let my
hubby know that it was ok, he had my back! He let each character hug me tightly first and they each waited for the tears to settle before posing for the "proper" shot

photo_2023-04-08_22-15-22.jpgphoto_2023-04-08_22-15-22 (2).jpg
Donald was sent over next (he came to our table probably 4 times)
photo_2023-04-08_22-15-23 (3).jpgphoto_2023-04-08_22-17-04 (2).jpg
photo_2023-04-08_22-17-03 (3).jpgphoto_2023-04-08_22-17-04.jpg

somehow I missed snagging the shot of Minnie hugging me from his phone before he headed to bed tonight and I can't be bothered finding and unlocking his phone :P

photo_2023-04-08_22-15-23.jpg

What is the Shell/BMO 10x offer? Is it only for purchases made in the Shell stores? Or does it also include gas? Our Shell doesn't have a store, it is a Needs store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter