Airmiles Armchair Chatter

10 days to go. It's not too early to pack, right? It isn't like we have needed shorts yet this spring.
Took kiddo to Tanger and spent the last of his Christmas money, plus some of my money, at Old Navy on shorts and tshirts. Mens sizes are more expensive than the kid versions. Now I am not sure if his swimsuits will still fit him so may be doing a last minute shop for those. But he is at a sleep over so I cleaned his room last night. That was just not pleasant.

At least Metro is delivering groceries this morning. I am wishing I had added chips to the order but also glad I am trying to eat better. At least I will earn a few airmiles. I did get my 2nd April fill up last week for 50 AM. Slowly building it back up.

Last edited:
10 days to go. It's not too early to pack, right? It isn't like we have needed shorts yet this spring.
Took kiddo to Tanger and spent the last of his Christmas money, plus some of my money, at Old Navy on shorts and tshirts. Mens sizes are more expensive than the kid versions. Now I am not sure if his swimsuits will still fit him so may be doing a last minute shop for those. But he is at a sleep over so I cleaned his room last night. That was just not pleasant.

At least Metro is delivering groceries this morning. I am wishing I had added chips to the order but also glad I am trying to eat better. At least I will earn a few airmiles. I did get my 2nd April fill up last week for 50 AM. Slowly building it back up.
No …not too early. We leave on the 10th right from work. So I’ll be packing tomorrow. Well, all I have to do is put my stuff beside the bag. DD will do the actual packing.

No …not too early. We leave on the 10th right from work. So I’ll be packing tomorrow. Well, all I have to do is put my stuff beside the bag. DD will do the actual packing.
We leave super early on the 10th. 80% of packing is now done. Somethings we need to wear this week. I manged to get kiddo to give me his stuff to pack, he wanted to wait until later. Thankfully I talked him into it now. I cannot wait for this trip.

We leave super early on the 10th. 80% of packing is now done. Somethings we need to wear this week. I manged to get kiddo to give me his stuff to pack, he wanted to wait until later. Thankfully I talked him into it now. I cannot wait for this trip.
I’m already stressing about getting out of work on time. We are pushing it with the time I’m planning to leave. DH is going to leave work to drive us to the airport, so at least I don’t have to worry about the limo being late.

LOL…I spent 2 hours today going over work schedules and writing notes for my assistant.

I've had a few more miles post to my account that are a tad confusing - with so many of the recent offer for Metro having the same bonus amount I have no idea which has or hasn't posted. I had 25 post that could be for either using cash miles OR one of the carousel prizes OR a targeted offer, who knows (or cares!) and since they sometimes post waaaaay down attached to the day we shopped it just adds to the confusion.
Also got this one, gives you an idea of how much money we drop at Metro AKKKKkkkkk
1683144525666.png

Good Morning!

It is nice to see Shell lowering their Gift card amount to earn Airmiles.
Gift Cards: Sony PlayStation - $50, Visa - $50, Amazon - $50, HBC - $50, Canadian Tire - $50, Sephora - $50, The Keg - $50, Cineplex - $50. One transaction per 12-hour period

So in theory I could go to Shell,,, get Canadian Tire card and then get Petro Points at my Canadian Tire gas station right?
Hmmmm..... :drive: and gas prices are set to drop again tonight..................

I feel like I'm winning in the rental car game. I've gotten my rental down to $265 from $332. I've checked rates 4-5 times a day for the last 2 weeks and whittled it down $5 at a time. LOL...at one point I had 4 different reservations going. I think now I'm at the rock bottom price. It bounces up and down from $265 to $288 for the last couple of days. Would love to be under $250 but I'm good with what I have now. The $265 is with Alamo which is my preferred company and I've got a back up for $271 with Budget which I hate. I never held back up reservations before, but after the January experience I'm doing it....even though the back up is with the offender.

I sent away for a Cherrios insulated bag about a month ago. Same as those snack bowls, you could pick amongst one of 5 cereals.
I got the towels that they had a couple years ago. They are easily the cheapest material I've ever seen. Totally useless as a towel....not even enough to them to wipe the dogs feet. What they have now been assigned to is chair markers when we go to a resort. Makes it easy to distinguish your chair when it is draped in a red towel with a giant Cheerio bee on it. The only plus side to being so thin and nothing is that they take up no space or weight in the luggage.

Just a FYI
Phone call this morning with Airmiles Ambassador.
Airmiles is overwhelmed with calls about Gift cards not posting Airmiles from Shell.
Also I've tried for 2 days and Canadian Tire cards won't go through their system.
She gave me Airmiles for my time and effort but recommended not buying GC right now at Shell.
Hope they sort it out soon.

Hugs Mel

Finally some nice weather in Ottawa! I am sure the dog will enjoy a few walks this weekend :) Gotta keep my feet going, we leave in 4 days! I have Cape May booked for dinner on Mother's Day. It's our only sit down meal so I hope it's decent. I know it doesn't always get the best reviews but we have wanted to try it for a couple trips now so it's nice to finally get the chance. Picked up a couple more gift cards and was questioned about it, which is fine, they were nice about it at least. No, not being scammed, just expensive. Apparently if I had paid with a credit card they would have asked for ID but since I used debit it was ok. Glad to have that done now. All set. Ready to go! But still have the weekend and one day of work, then one day to drop off the dog at my parents and finish up packing. And of course worry about missing the plane lol. Am I the only one who does that?

I ordered from walmart already, hopefully that goes ok. Gatorade and water mostly, with some small bags of chips since kiddo is worried he'll go hungry, and some bagels/cream cheese in case we need breakfast in the room. And cream for my coffee in the morning. I know they provide the creamers but I like to use more than most people :) Oh, and ordered sunscreen! So we don't have to worry about packing that or finding small enough bottle for the carry on.

I even ordered us magicbands. I got kiddo a fancy + one so he can do the games, but just in black, he couldn't decide which one he really liked so i suggested a plain band. I got myself an older style one, it was only $10. We'll take one of kiddo's old ones as well in case we forget to charge up the fancy one or something.

And that's it :) I know it's just rambling but I'm super excited and no one around me really gets it lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter