Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sobeys Ont
Aug 16-22
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1278414
Cara Dining Card
Get 75 airmiles when you spend $50.00

Spend $100.00 in groceries get 100 bonus airmiles-*Aug 17-19th ONLY**

Yep, I woke up this morning and was all excited to check the flyer. what a letdown. I had to go shopping several times this week :mad: because the DH kept picking up 2-3 things he needed without consulting my shopping list. ARGH instead of getting as many AM as we could, I'm only waiting for 176 to post ... ugh... even the Load and Go offers have been terrible. last week's was 75/$140 and this week's is 35/$140 .... WHAT?!

At least I found some awesome Disney scores at the thrift store - including a Tokyo Resort exclusive Marie t-shirt for my DD!!!

At least I found some awesome Disney scores at the thrift store - including a Tokyo Resort exclusive Marie t-shirt for my DD!!!

cool! My son and I happened to stop at a garage sale last Saturday and scored a small vintage Mickey Mouse coin bank for a quarter. We bought it on impulse, came home and looked it up, it is worth a lot more than a twenty five cents!

Still waiting on my AMshops. But I got 5 AM for using samsung pay? which they never scanned at the store so I'm confused but oh well! Also already got my bonus for shopping at Children's Place Monday, got the 15 AM bonus plus base points. I didn't get the 20 bonus for buying 3 different items from the back to school shop though I was careful to choose items that were supposed to qualify. I'll wait a bit on that one, and perhaps take a screen shot of the coupon thingy just in case I have to follow up later.

Any word on on maximums for this offer? Fact that they don’t let you do 100 dollar gift cards makes me wonder if this is a one time shot

I'm guessing the individual stores will impose a limit on the # of GC you can purchase. Wording is spend $50 get 75AM so the offer may have to be rung in individually and would have to be in max $50 amounts (hence the no $100GC). You could get 2x25 or 1x50 and probably to that 5 times (stores often set that as a limit) If you want to do it more than that I would suggest getting to the store before 10am. I know the store I shop at limited the # of GC you could purchase after someone came in and bought all the GC they had during the A&W GC promotion.

Hi Hon
I've stayed at quite a few Hotels in Niagara Falls,,,I pretty easy to impress,,clean room goes a long way with me.
My middle son stayed at the Doubletree in July and he said they had the cookies ,,but I'm ok if there gone.
I feel like the whole summer has gone by and I've done nothing but home renovations and while that's a good I don't want to go back to work in Sept without a break away.
I will admit that my favorite Hotel in Niagara is Hilton BUT it's a tad pricey in the summer months. But I can get my Starbucks close by and I like the North tower.
https://niagarafallshilton.com/

I'll have to look at the Hampton Inns.

So would you happen to know if Clifton Victoria Inn is a Hampton Inn?
https://cliftonvictoriainnatthefalls.com/
I like the free hot breakfast idea
free complimentary parking
indoor pool/sauna

Hmmm upon further investigation
DoubleTree is a Hilton hotel to?
DoubleTree Resort and Spa by Hilton---who knew--good to know.

Hampton Inn on Victoria Ave
Permanently closed.
Good to know
5591 Victoria Ave, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 3L4

Hugs to you Mel

What about Hampton Inn North of the Falls on River Road? We stayed there for 3 nights a couple of years ago. Free breakfast, free internet, free parking. It was quiet. Easy to catch a bus. Almost directly across from the White Water Walk. Wait... I just googled it. Is it a Ramada now?

They do require a regular subscription, however, you can cancel after one shipment.

I submitted an order yesterday, and it was for delivery times next week (Tues, Thurs and Fri I believe were the options). So I set that one up for Tues Aug. 21, and then immediately went to My Deliveries and clicked on the calendar for the next few Tuesdays after that and chose to "skip" those weekly deliveries. I will skip a few weeks until at the very least I get the first order and have a chance to try them out! Then I can decide to keep a subscription (with no minimum purchase required to stay active) and skip any weeks I don't want, OR I can go into Settings > Account info and choose to "deactivate my account" and stop. So... it sort of is a "free" 500 miles. I paid $26 for 3 meals-for-two, which should have cost me $66, and I am trying a service I was interested in.

THanks for the information. I'm interested in MissFresh for the 500 as well.

Cara Dining Card
Get 75 airmiles when you spend $50.00

Yay. My husband likes to get Swiss Chalet if he's asked to work a weekend. I'll snag one of those. Thanks!

We did the Miss Fresh for a couple of months. It is fine but nothing great. Things were often a mess when we got the box since the box hadn't been handled well by the delivery people. Quality was fine but not terribly inventive. Biggest issue I had was with their instructions. For example, they give you the total quantities on one side and then in the instructions, instead of breaking those quantities down into precise measures they would just use fractions. For example, they would say 3/4 c oil in the ingredients. Then in the instructions they would say, "Step 1....put 1/4 of the oil into pan". "Step 2...put 1/3 of the oil into bowl" "Step 3...put remaining oil into blah blah blah" It was a pain in the butt to have to figure out the exact amounts that you were supposed to use. You would have to figure out 1/4 of the 3/4 and then 1/3 of the 3/4 and then you would never be sure how much there was supposed to be left in the remaining amount.

Ingredients were fresh. We liked that they included fresh herbs but you still had to do all the prep as things were not prepped for you at all. We found it not really a time saver other than the meal planning and shopping were done.

Thanks for the feedback damo. Did you find it easy to quit? They didn't keep trying to bill you or anything?

It's been quite a morning here. One of the things that happened is I broke my mouse. I was debating about earning the 1,000 air miles on my husband's card but I guess I am now.

New mouse to pick up from Staples later today. 1 shop down, 4 for to go.

Ohh my son wants books. I guess that's a 2nd shop on my husband's account then. LOL

Has anyone tried to reapply for those American Express cards with the 2,000 bonus miles? It's been about 1.5-2 years, I believe, since a bunch of us churned those cards.

I haven't tried yet but I have been thinking about it,
I have also been looking at the BMO mastercard--no annual fee,2x points for Sobeys,Rexall
Only 500 airmiles after the first purchase.:coffee: Need to think on this.
Hugs Mel

So no Metro/Sobeys/Foodland shop for me this week. Even my targeted offers are yucky.
Maybe Rexall will have something better.
We do like Swiss Chalet though,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hmmm,..........and East Side Marios.......
Hugs Mel

YEAH!!! :banana:All three of my Metro shops posted
The one where you spend 95 cash airmiles=$10.00 = 50 bonus airmiles
Says Metro--Head Office
Hugs Mel

I'm excited too! In the fine print it states it can be a $25 or $50 card. Has anybody had this work before? I feel like buying 2 $25 cards won't work. I guess i'll have to watch when they ring it in.

Hi Hon
I do Gift Cards in separate transactions
just to be safe.
I have done the $25.00x 2 before and it was fine.
Hugs Mel

Geez... I sure do complicate things sometimes.

So that mouse I ordered from Staples under my husband's air miles card turns out to be a tiny little thing that my hand doesn't fit complete around.

I ended up returning it on-site and now I'm home to place yet another mouse order from Staples. This time I looked at their stock in-store and took a photo of the one I'm going to order.

Has anyone tried to reapply for those American Express cards with the 2,000 bonus miles? It's been about 1.5-2 years, I believe, since a bunch of us churned those cards.

I've also been thinking about signing up for this one again. I'll have to read the fine print first because I have a suspicion that they won't let us get the 2000 bonus more than once in a lifetime. Don't quote me on that though.

Edit to add the "footnote"

2. Bonus - This offer is only available to new American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card Cardmembers. For current or former American Express® AIR MILES® Platinum Credit Card Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Offer valid for applications received by American Express through the link provided within the webpage. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 2,000 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles, you must have at least $1,500 in net purchases posted to your account within your first three months of Cardmembership. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus reward miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded to your Collector Account. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Looks like Rexall will have 3 day only spend $70 get 100 AM or spend $50 get 60 AM. A few things in the flyer also have bonus miles, including 50 when you spend $50 on Aveeno, Neutrogena or Lubriderm. Which are 20% off. Finally got my flyers! It's been a few weeks, I guess the guy was on vacation or something.

Well, I don't think I will do the Miss Fresh offer. I tried checking out tonight and it was going to charge me the full $59 or whatever for 1 week, 3 meals, 2 portions per meal. None of the meals really appealed to me. And unfortunately when I added my AM card # there was no discount applied like someone else said they experienced! Maybe that was a fluke...

If they have 3 good recipes for the 1st week of Sept maybe I will do it then but I was thinking to myself... $60 just for 500AM and I am questioning if I want to do this... decided not to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter