Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Very rarely are my purchase totals much more than the stated dollar value --- in fact i always grab something that can work as a stocking stuffer in case i need to bump a sale up to the whatever amount that week's coupon is for, my calculator gets quite the workout. I write down the price of everything i chuck in the cart and then take time to arrange the sales "properly"

ALSO, none of the stores in my city will let me stack the coupons ... believe me, I've tried. I've managed to use it maybe once when i wasn't going to be able to make my sales come close to multiples.
That is too bad.
You're excused from the $5 mandatory coupon use. Everyone else buckle down and stop forgetting:duck:.

This almost had me ROTFL...
Anyone else see the irony?
Too lazy!? That's too funny...
I'm not poking fun. Honest! Well, maybe a teeny tiny bit.

Very rarely are my purchase totals much more than the stated dollar value --- in fact i always grab something that can work as a stocking stuffer in case i need to bump a sale up to the whatever amount that week's coupon is for, my calculator gets quite the workout. I write down the price of everything i chuck in the cart and then take time to arrange the sales "properly"

As far as your other suggestion with adjusting the Cash vs Dream balance --- eeek I'm simply too lazy to add that extra level to my earning. We discussed it once and both agreed we are too old (or is it just lazy :P ) to figure that out!!

I see a lot of reference to just one Rexall coupon.

Don't forget the $5 off $25 spend coupon is stackable with the AirMiles coupon. You can use it multiple times before expiration (but of course only once per transaction). That $5 savings goes right to your pocket and is about equivalent to 50 AirMiles.

Perhaps some of you should put that $5 into a Disney envelope to up your Starbucks gift card allotment for breakfast in Orlando.

I'm up to $145 in use but I do not shop (at Rexall) any where near as frequently as many of you.

Here's the link for the current coupon. Here is the link for the spend $25 get $5 off coupon:
http://www.rexall.ca/assets/downloads/RexallSurvey2016.pdf
Good until 10 October

Thank you! I either missed this earlier, or just didn't give it a thought, since Rexall is not a common shop for me. I went today, and bought my Reactine + 2 bandaids for stocking stuffers (25AM) Picked up 2 Huggies wipes (6.00 from Checkout 51), Secret deodorant (1.50 from Checkout 51) The $5.00 coupon covers the cost of 2 items not planned for. Came out with the $5 savings and 107 AM.

This almost had me ROTFL...
Anyone else see the irony?
Too lazy!? That's too funny...
I'm not poking fun. Honest! Well, maybe a teeny tiny bit.
Want to know what my mother told my hubby before we got married?? "Good luck with her, she's LAZY" So yeah, I'll take the time to get the most out of my Dream Rewards and not the Cash Rewards and i chalk that up to LAZY (it will take more than that to hurt my feelings :P )

Now back to our regularly scheduled AM hunting -- a thousand thanks to @pigletto for the heads up about the upcoming Rexall flyer, i just did a brief glance and I should be able to clear 400 AM (over 500 if i end up making 2 sales) and that should push the car to the end of my road!! They have a lot of little buy 2 get X AM on product we either use or can get chucked into stockings PLUS they have the vitamin deal again. If anyone needs smellies (AKA perfume) there's a spend $40.00 get 40 on that as well. So the trip i was planning to do today has been postponed till the weekend.

I don't see anything that great in Sobeys this week. If you go to Golftown they have a 60 AM bonus on $50 giftcard for there. Otherwise, nothing big that I can see! There are a few deals that don't list the cost of the items so I suppose they could be good, for instance buy 3 Pact for 30 bonus AM, but I don't think I'd like that stuff, and no idea how much it costs!

For you milk lovers ;) there is a 3 bonus AM on 2 Natrel Premium Flavoured Milk (on sale for $2.49) :)

I think Rexall would be the place to get AM this week, especially the 112AM for $50 this weekend. There are quite a few smaller deals you could stack up.

Metro has a "redeem 95 AM get 25 back" deal if you have some in your cash account. And not much else

That's disappointing about Sobey's. I guess it will be Rexall for me this week.

It was this coming weekend one year ago that I began this wild ride on the Airmiles rollercoaster. Since then I've managed to accumulate just over 27,000AM. Have spent most of that on 5 tickets to Disney and three flights. I'm well on my way to getting the flights for our next family trip. Thank you to all have contributed to this thread. It has been a productive year for all of us thanks to all the tips.

Here's to another great year!

Oh lord.. not another golf town promo. I for one could care less about those but DH is always happy to get those giftcards.:rolleyes:
Hopefully the 50 meal deal is decent and I can double up on it.
That or I will get DH to stop at the Foodland by his work for the Betty Crocker Promo.

Hi Hon
Is this for Ontario?
Hugs Mel
Hmmm, I thought I keyed in Ontario but now you have me second guessing myself. I'll have to go back and check.

ETA--Okay, so I'm not very good at this, lol. I might have been looking at the Atlantic Foodland Flyer. I'm sorry. I'm going to go back to reading this thread quietly to myself and leave the AM deals to the experts. o_O

Last edited:
Hmmm, I thought I keyed in Ontario but now you have me second guessing myself. I'll have to go back and check.

ETA--Okay, so I'm not very good at this, lol. I might have been looking at the Atlantic Foodland Flyer. I'm sorry. I'm going to go back to reading this thread quietly to myself and leave the AM deals to the experts. o_O

Hi Hon
No problem ,I was excited and who knows sometimes there are similar offers between Atlantic and Ontario flyers. Come on Betty Crocker/ Pillsbury deal please.
We love everyone joining in so please feel free to post.
Hugs to you
Mel

That's disappointing about Sobey's. I guess it will be Rexall for me this week.

It was this coming weekend one year ago that I began this wild ride on the Airmiles rollercoaster. Since then I've managed to accumulate just over 27,000AM. Have spent most of that on 5 tickets to Disney and three flights. I'm well on my way to getting the flights for our next family trip. Thank you to all have contributed to this thread. It has been a productive year for all of us thanks to all the tips.

Here's to another great year!

27,000 accumulated in just one year?!??!?! If so, that's amazing!

Oh don't worry!! Just a simple mistake. I was a newbie at this not too long ago. Your posts are welcomed here! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter