Airmiles Armchair Chatter

https://tenor.com/view/cold-day-snow-gif-25084313
9c1466d6af1370909a028d84ff17306e.jpg

I'm good for two bread/Buns at Metro for 30 Airmiles
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/13406/1504877?sourceID=10&position=13

Stay warm everyone!
Hugs Mel

not even looking at the flyers this week ... no time or need to shop before we head to see donald!!! I was doing some last minute running around before the storm hits and came across a few gems - didn't buy these but thought someone might be interested, at winners so no miles, but seriously cute
20230222_103106.jpg

I've been looking for shoes for over a month now. My absolute last stop and check everywhere stop. I found a pair that are comfortable and have hidden Mickeys on them. I'm going to try them around the house for the next couple of days to be sure.

20230222_145347.jpg20230222_145359.jpg

I wish WestJet would bring back Biscoff cookies on their flights. I know you can get them at Costco but they hit different on a flight 😂😅
So true, we had some Biscoff at home from Costco but I was kinda looking forward to eating them on our flight, lol. I love chocolate but for some reason I’m not a fan of the chocolate on those Leclerc cookies they give out now.

Stressful couple of days here.
My son has been in Mexico where he got salmonella food poisoning.
He passed out and was taken to the hospital.
He's been treated for dehydration and a concussion he got when he hit his head when he passed out.
Now released and I rebooked his return flight via WestJet,,, his previous flight was with Swoop/airlines.
He was supposed to come home today but the flight got cancelled due to weather,, WestJet stepped up and put them in a 4 star hotel (all inclusive) for the night. ( They covered transportation & food vouchers).
Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and he'll be home again soon.
Once a mom always a mom.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
A little DD update....
She has been asked to extend her current contract for a few weeks. She was on the fence about it but has accepted the offer. LOL...apparently they made the offer but it's not confirmed :confused3 Aside from that she has applied for another contract and there are people in her cast that have already been offered positions (higher positions) on another ship. DD got an immediate reply from the casting person who said she would be in touch. DD said this person either does not respond or takes weeks to do it. So I'm thinking this is good. Her friends that have been offered positions will be going home for 2 weeks and then they come back to Toronto for rehearsals. I'm not sure when they get back on the ship but DD said the contract is through December.

She has had a couple of really special interactions with families over the last couple of weeks. One little girl made a point of seeking out DD everyday. At the end of the cruise the family gave DD a really nice gift for making their little one feel so special. The little girl also gave DD a picture of herself and put her name on the back. There was another family that was on the ship to celebrate their child being cancer free. DD said this kid was so much fun to be around that every time any of the cast saw her they made a big fuss. At the end of the week the cast invited the family to a special meet & greet.

Next up is our friend tinkerone getting on the ship this weekend. I've passed along the info on how to find DD. If they can connect in the first day or two DD is hoping to pull off a little magic :ssst:

Which is why I buy them at Costco and bring a sleeve on the plane with me. Around this house they are known as "Airplane cookies"
I became enamoured with them ironically when my flight from Vegas to Abbotsford got rerouted to Victoria for 3hrs due to winds. But because we hadn’t gone through customs (and it was closed because it was after hours), they deplaned us in then baggage hall before customs and fed us pretzels, biscoffs and water while we waited to re board to fly back to Abby lol what an adventure after a long weekend in Vegas. Our flight out had been delayed 4 hrs (and most of the passengers were the same since it was Thursday out, Sunday back) and all of this was before the new passenger rules - but like 3 days after we got home, we all got sent $200 credit for the trouble (and maybe as a “sorry” for the new Biscoff addiction lol). I only paid $88 return for the flight sooooo, thanks? 😂😅

I have a little Metro app issue. It used to be that I could easily switch between my AM card and DH card. I could therefore double dip on the "in app" offer for the week. They (Metro) have changed the way you use the app and now I have to sign in under my name etc. If I want to switch to DH card/account I need to delete my card/account from the app. I am concerned this may affect the AM I just earned for offers if I do this before they post.

Has anyone had any success (recently) deleting your profile from the app and still earning the AM on offers. I'm thinking I could wait until Wednesday after Metro posts AM to my account (or do I just need to wait until Sunday when they reset the week) and then delete and add DH info, run to the store and pick up the "in app" offer then reset to my account again. All this to save $1.61 on milk (I need to get a life). Some weeks its more of a saving so this is a good test case.

I got an email today for a shell offer of 50 bonus miles with a purchase of 100 of fuel, car washes or eligible non-fuel products :rolleyes2 I don't know if dh needs to fuel up (because he is the only one that would purchase that much fuel) but I'll have to tell him that if he needs to fill up, now is the time to do it. I did opt in...so I guess we will see what happens.

I am needing a couple things again from Sephora....I might have to do an online instore pickup for a few extra miles as well.

I have a little Metro app issue. It used to be that I could easily switch between my AM card and DH card. I could therefore double dip on the "in app" offer for the week. They (Metro) have changed the way you use the app and now I have to sign in under my name etc. If I want to switch to DH card/account I need to delete my card/account from the app. I am concerned this may affect the AM I just earned for offers if I do this before they post.

Has anyone had any success (recently) deleting your profile from the app and still earning the AM on offers. I'm thinking I could wait until Wednesday after Metro posts AM to my account (or do I just need to wait until Sunday when they reset the week) and then delete and add DH info, run to the store and pick up the "in app" offer then reset to my account again. All this to save $1.61 on milk (I need to get a life). Some weeks its more of a saving so this is a good test case.

I can't answer your question but I do it a little differently (unless things have changed since Christmas). Dh has Metro app on his phone, I ask him to load his offers and then use his physical card in the store. As long as he has loaded the app only offer it works. I have been known to call him from the store to load it.

It's VERY complicated and long but it is possible to do it without deleting info.
  1. Click on the lil dude at the bottom right of the app AIRMILES
  2. Click on the Manage My Account box at the top right
  3. Scroll to the bottom and click on Log Out
  4. A warning box will pop up, click on the Continue button
  5. Click on the Sign in head at the top
  6. Fill in the sign info for the other account and the I'm not a Robot button, then Log In box
  7. POOF, you're in on the 2nd card just click on the scissors/coupon button at the bottom in the middle

Judy & anyone else that might collect Rexall Be Well points
weekend special,,, $40 is kind of my limit.
View attachment 741913

Hugs Mel
Time for me to buy my Biotene mouthwash &
Toothpaste. (Thyroid meds dry out the mouth along with Fibro stuff)
Thanks for the notice.
I have 2 Rexall stores in walking distance and one sells M&M'S products and one doesn't so I guess I can check out the one with the M&M's products (I better make sure they are eligible) and can probably hit $40. The one that doesn't does have more other products but I wouldn't make the offer amount.

There is one AH party announced during my May trip, at HS. Not sure we want to go. If I had the AM to pay for it maybe. Or if it was at MK for sure. I switched to cash miles and have already redeemed for $60 and have another $40 to spend. All towards gift cards so far. Now debating a switch back to dream to use towards even 1 ticket for a party. What to do... I could also switch from POP to and All Star and save more than the cost of the AH tickets.

Those After Hours (AH Party) are becoming very popular ,,,hard decision.
Do the AH Party include any drinks / treats/food?
Night time in May is a great idea for a Park visit.

Do you use the Skyliner at Pop Century? How important is Pop compared to All Stars?

Do you have a day at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach or maybe even your resort Pool as a *Water Park Day* that
could also fill in for a daytime activity. Maybe hit downtown Disney (Disney Springs).

Good luck
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter