Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Update on Mocha's health:
She's in the last stages of kidney disease, not sure why or how her blood levels increased so much over the course of a year but that isn't worth wasting energy over. She was so ill on Wednesday that the vet was talking about needing to have her in for 24-48 hours to push fluids hoping to flush out her kidneys. The urine they drew was so dilute that it was clear with no colour, her kidneys just weren't able to filter anything out because she was drinking so much that it was going thru her too quickly. She wasn't eating much of anything other than the kibble if I soaked it in boiling water and even then she didn't really eat the food part. She was semi-hiding, within reach but didn't want to be touched, was silent (very unlike her) had her eyes at halfmast, wasn't able to find a comfortable position to sleep, just a miserable kitty. We switched to wet food and she loved it, scarfed down an entire serving in no time. I was told to get as much liquid into her so I'm even adding extra water to the canned food.
Yesterday she was much better but still obviously feeling icky, she slept well and was looking for breakfast this morning. I spoke to the vet and she told me that we're looking at a maximum of 3-6 months but there's no way to know for sure. She agreed with the decision that hubby and I made, the hell with anything else, she gets to eat whatever she wants, no more counting calories, no more making her wait to eat, no more food that she clearly didn't care for anymore and treats, all the treats she wants! We're going to let her lead the way from this point forward, I don't want to watch her suffer like she has over the past 2 weeks or so - I feel like I failed her. Cost really isn't an issue but I pushed the vet for honest answers, what is the most conservative outcome look like? Will she get better or are we talking about just prolonging her time with us? If all we'll get from her being at the clinic for 24-48 hours while an IV runs is a very very very sad cat (she hates her crate, the car and the vet office) and an extra couple of months with her that aren't her happiest then a large bill isn't worthwhile. If they were able to say that it would lead to mocha feeling better, wanting to play and snuggle, living a happy couple of months or longer then we'd consider it money well spent. There's no coming back from this, her kidneys won't get better, so why prolong her suffering? As long as we can keep her happy, that's what we'll do. When she starts to struggle again, we'll look at our options.
Currently snoring up a storm under her cat tree after yummy lunch, Living her best life. I'm still a mess and my heart is tearing apart.

20230514_200802.jpg
20230514_200730.jpg

Jacqueline, not sure if you remember me posting a thread on kitty kidney disease, but our other two siblings, Stewie and Molly, have moderate kidney disease, and Molly has mild hyperthyroidism.

For wet food, we switched our furbabies over to the Royal Canin 12+ loaf and they LOVE it. It has identical ingredients to the vet version for kidney disease except it's chicken vs pork. Mocha would probably love it too.

Hi Jacqueline, so sorry about your Mocha! Sending you prayers and positive vibes!!

My Mochi, a 2-year-old Coton de Tulear “pup”. Just had two knee surgeries. During the recent one in May, the vet found a torn ligament and got that fix as well. It cost $4000. She had luxating patella first on her left knee then right knee. The vet wouldn’t do the surgery on both knees back in October, knowing that the right knee would eventually get it too. Poor thing had to go through 3 surgeries before she’s 3 (she is spayed.) I didn’t want to have another pet after going through the loss of 3 cats and 2 dogs. However, DD has depression and she said a pet would help her with mental illness. My heart aches whenever I think of losing this dog in maybe 15 years if she stays healthy. She will get knee arthritis a few years down the road for sure and I am starting to think of ways to strengthen her legs. She’s such a friendly and playful dog. Too playful for her own knees I guess!

Take care and stay strong! Best wishes to you both!!

Ah, our pets and how much we love them. They are worth every moment and $ spent. My thoughts are with each of you and your pet issues at the moment. Knock on wood my biggest problem at this moment is getting all the undercoat out of my floof of a dog. Give those pets a great big hug!

Can anyone explain this offer to me. I don't understand it.

25 Bonus Miles

When you earn at least 1 AIR MILES® Bonus Mile through airmilescardlink.ca*

Earning Miles through airmilescardlink.ca is easy: Shop any of the featured, limited-time offers, pay with your linked card and earn Bonus Miles!**

Terms + Conditions​

*This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer is valid from May 16, 2023 to June 12, 2023. To qualify for this offer, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation by 12 June 2023.

**Any Bonus Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made through airmilescardlink.ca with the collector number associated with the recipient’s collector account will qualify towards the earn requirement. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. ET on June 12, 2023, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Limit of one offer per collector number.

To get Bonus Miles through card linked offers, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES collector number and make eligible purchases at participating brands (the “Promotion”) during the promotion period using their linked Mastercard and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers (each an “Offer” and collectively the “Offers”). Please see each unique Offer’s terms and conditions for specific details at airmilescardlink.ca.

Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Your AIR MILES collector number must be linked to an Eligible Mastercard. Your Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. To qualify for the offers, eligible purchase transactions charged to your Eligible Mastercard must be subsequently posted to your Mastercard account by June 12, 2023. In the case of an online purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the Eligible Mastercard is charged on the shipping date and that date occurs after the offer ends. Mastercard is not responsible for the fulfilment of the offer. Purchases made by an authorized user of a supplementary card linked to the Eligible Mastercard do not qualify, unless the supplementary card is also linked to the AIR MILES collector number.

Mastercard is not responsible for the fulfillment of the offer. If you no longer wish to participate in this promotion, you can unlink your Mastercard from your AIR MILES collector number at any time at airmilescardlink.ca/unlink.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

@tinkerone go to THIS WEBPAGE to read about how the linked card offers work. Basically you need to link your card and then use one of the offers that are listed there (usually Boston Pizza, couple of shoe stores and other odds and sods) and you'll earn the miles for both the offer and the bonus 25. I often find the linked offers have high thresholds to meet but it's worth looking at

Off Topic
Home rant
I hate it when I tell the management company something and they ignore me.
Told them last year that squirrels were packing ,,, AND I MEAN PACKING pinecones in the new roof. (For 3 months)
So now we discover that yes after another neighbor hired there own pest/animal control people that yes they had made a hole and indeed been packing pinecones. Now did they remove the pinecones (thousands) NOPE,,, they just sealed the roof. Now the two upper unit are have problems with MICE and not the cartoon Mickey & Minnie kind. Cause Mice eat pinecones and hey they have about 20 years worth up there. These are Garden homes and mine is on the ground floor.
So now they have to excavate the attic area and have put mouse poison boxes everywhere. I tell yah if I see one mouse I am heading to a Hotel faster than you can say Speedy Gonzales , and the condo corporation is getting the bill.
Phew I feel better now,,,just had to get it off my chest..thanks for listening
Hugs Mel

Did anyone else get 95 miles from BMO called "Long Weekend Miles"? I don't recall seeing any BMO promos for the long weekend past...
BMO Credit Card Promo
Get up to 200 AIR MILES Bonus Miles
when you shop and earn at least 1 Mile using your eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card or redeem Cash Miles in-store or online between May 17 and May 20 with AIR MILES partners participating in the More Weekend, More Miles promotion. *
Starts Wed, May 17

Terms + Conditions​

*Offer valid between May 17, 2023 and May 20, 2023 to BMO®† AIR MILES® Credit Card Cardmembers. Cardmembers will be eligible if they make purchases using their eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card to earn a minimum of 1 Reward Mile or redeem Cash Miles in-store or online with participating AIR MILES partners. The number of Bonus Miles rewarded is as follows: i) 95 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 2 different participating AIR MILES partners ii) 150 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 3 different participating AIR MILES partners iii) 200 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 4 different participating AIR MILES partners. For clarification, an eligible purchase and redemption made at the same participating partner qualifies as only 1 partner.

Got mine as well. @bababear_50 post from May 16.

Don't forget about the offer that starts tomorrow for the BMO MC. For Elite MC it will be 5 times the AMs for purchases made at AMs stores. So instead of getting 3 AMs for every $12 spend, it will be 5 AMs for every $12 spend. I will be purchasing gift cards from Metro to bump up my miles. Since we are going to Disney in September on a stay, cruise ,stay trip I will pick up a lot of Disney GCs. I don't normally like to buy to many of the Disney but the trip is close enough I feel confident.
But back to my point, starting tomorrow until August 31, the bonus event is on.

Don't forget about the offer that starts tomorrow for the BMO MC. For Elite MC it will be 5 times the AMs for purchases made at AMs stores. So instead of getting 3 AMs for every $12 spend, it will be 5 AMs for every $12 spend. I will be purchasing gift cards from Metro to bump up my miles. Since we are going to Disney in September on a stay, cruise ,stay trip I will pick up a lot of Disney GCs. I don't normally like to buy to many of the Disney but the trip is close enough I feel confident.

Great deal if you have the elite card, about 4% back.

I have the base BMO card so about 2% back. I can buy Disney GC at Loblaws brand stores and get 3% back in pc points (that's if I can find the gift cards!) or use Tangerine and get 2% back in cash into our bank account. So for me, using a BMO base credit card, I'm no further ahead. I will however continue to use the BMO card at Shell as long as there are Shell promos.

Do you need to opt in for that BMO offer?? I don't recall seeing that either! Nevermind, found my answer:

https://princeoftravel.com/deals/bmo-air-miles-credit-cards-promotion/#:~:text=BMO and Air Miles have,2023 to August 31, 2023.
The list of sponsors in that article isn't complete. Metro is included but they don't show it as an option, at least that is how my link shows it.
https://www.airmiles.ca/en/promotions/bmo3x/bmo-promo-partners.html
It's great that there is no need to opt in.

Take another look at it. If you click on the grocery store label at the top it will highlight Metro. Highlight the next option it highlights the store available under that category. It's deceptive, but all the stores listed whether they are faded out or not qualify.

Thanks for the tip about the gift cards! I always only think of earning AMs from groceries at Metro.

Take another look at it. If you click on the grocery store label at the top it will highlight Metro. Highlight the next option it highlights the store available under that category. It's deceptive, but all the stores listed whether they are faded out or not qualify.
The link I posted will allow you to do that however the link that I referred to does not. It mentions

If you have an eligible credit card, you can earn 5x Air Miles when you shop with the following eligible partners during the promotional period:

• Shell
  • Budget Rent a Car
  • Alamo Rent a Car
  • National Car Rental
  • Global Pet Foods
  • Samsung
  • Eligible travel booked through airmiles.ca
There is a copy of the link in the article but you can't use it to move around. It doesn't seem to mention Metro anywhere, unless I missed it which is possible.

for those of us who have the Amex platinum card it will continue to be the better return on both metro and shell since the earn rate for anything food and travel related is 1 mile/ $5 spent which means 5 miles per $25, Mastercard will now be 5 miles for $25. The bigger change comes when you spend an amount not divisible by 25 - spend $49 on my Amex and get 9 miles, use the Mastercard still get just 5 miles
We prefer to use the Amex since it now gives us miles at other grocery stores (not the loblaws chain obviously)

Screenshot_20230531_140136_Chrome.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter