Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hey all!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, mainly because my airmiles collecting has been horrible (dropped to gold from onyx this year with all the changes). We also haven't had a Disney countdown in a while.

Well! I've managed to convince my oldest daughter (DD33), and my DH that we are in absolute need of a WDW trip! It's not until September 2025, but it's a countdown! We're booked into POFQ - first time there, but we've stayed at POR twice before.

I'm SOOOOO excited!! :dancer:

Doesn't look to bad crowd wise. I would have expected more to have staked a claim to a spot but looks like foot traffic is moving right along. We are very overcast where I am so I think it's going to be a bit of a nothing burger here. Unless maybe the clouds disperse before 3.
I went out this morning to both Metro and Costco. Streets were quiet and the stores weren't busy at all. Just the way I like it :)

I'm totally geeking out watching this on tv at the moment. NASA channel and a couple of news channels. Then I run outside and have a look up with my glasses on (safety first). Light whispy clouds in Ottawa we might just get to see our 98%. Not total but I'll take it.

I'm totally geeking out watching this on tv at the moment. NASA channel and a couple of news channels. Then I run outside and have a look up with my glasses on (safety first). Light whispy clouds in Ottawa we might just get to see our 98%. Not total but I'll take it.
It looks pretty cool live. I made the kid get out to check it out. I think the 98.9% coverage in Ottawa is pretty darn close to totality.
My cats are not happy they can't figure out where to sleep, it's ruining nap time!

I went in to work today but left early enough to be home for the eclipse. DD also made it home with less than 5 minutes to spare. There were quite a few people out on our street. The sky was very cloudy but we did get one quick glimpse of that little sliver of sun. It was really cool to see it go from day to night to day again in 4 minutes. DD caught a good picture. Now she’s at the Jays home opener and I’m :sad1: at home, missing it

Side note…with all the medical drama in my life lately, wouldn’t you know it I got a letter from our GP today. She’s retiring in a month. Holy Cow! I knew this would happen but I hoped it would be a few more years at least. We all go to this DR…DH and I, our girls, my mom, my brother and his family. I’m so worried as to how this will be. I’ve got a few things going on, DH has to go every 3 months for his blood pressure check and meds. Then there is the havoc this will with my mom.

Hey all!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, mainly because my airmiles collecting has been horrible (dropped to gold from onyx this year with all the changes). We also haven't had a Disney countdown in a while.

Well! I've managed to convince my oldest daughter (DD33), and my DH that we are in absolute need of a WDW trip! It's not until September 2025, but it's a countdown! We're booked into POFQ - first time there, but we've stayed at POR twice before.

I'm SOOOOO excited!! :dancer:
Just having one in the hopper keeps ya going!! At least for me anyways. LOL. We're not planning until 2027 as dh and I want a beachy vacay somewhere different without any kids somewhere in 2026. And 2025 we're staying put. And saving $. That's right. I won't be swayed by any deals next year. Nope.

Have fun planning. Hopefully some decent point collecting will happen before your trip.

It was a great day! Worth the drive to see the eclipse AND ARTHUR!!! The camera doesn't do justice to what we experienced. The pictures show lots of clouds but it was actually pretty clear. We got to see the beads (is it Baley?) The ring some stars, the eery glow to the sky. We had about 3 minutes full eclipse coverage, 20240408_151921.jpg
20240408_151735.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter