Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well, the AM collecting will take a bit of a hit in our household.

We purchased me a new vehicle :cheer2: finally after driving my last one for 12 yrs - as just for me to bomb around town in and didn't take it out of town often.

We upgraded what we were going to purchase - with the price of fuel rising along with everything else. We decided dh is miling out his vehicle with trips to Edmonton to see the kids - so we would find something that would be comfy for long road trips - as well as easy for me to get our Gd in and out of as well, when I'm by myself and watching her or for when she is visiting us for extended visits :love:

We actually ended up buying a hybrid - which was NOT on our radar!!! But we got a great deal on it as it was last years model. So far - it's amazing on fuel!!! So all the fuel we used to spend - my old wheels was NOT fuel efficient in the city. Dh truck is pretty good - but this will be even better on the highway - as well as better when driving around Edmonton.

So the bulk of our AM collecting will take a bit of a hit. But I think after our fall trip - which is what I had ear marked all our AM for - I won't be collecting for anything big like that anymore :sad1:

I don’t know how anyone else made out but where I am, after the .15 discount I paid one cent more per litre than I would have if I had filled up yesterday. 😂
I think we made out better than that. I think gas yesterday was the same price I saw today.
Car 1 done - have to put the premium gas in it so it saved us 0.18c per litre so paid 1.889l. I didn't pump it so don't know what the price on the pump was. From the receipt looks like it was 2.068 or somewhere around that.
Next car will just take normal gas so price on the sign is 1.659 so should pay 1.479. My brother will go back later and get it filled. It will take about 60ltrs.
Gas prices in the neighbourhood are all over the map - 1.739 down the road to 1.629 at Costco.

I think we made out better than that. I think gas yesterday was the same price I saw today.
Car 1 done - have to put the premium gas in it so it saved us 0.18c per litre so paid 1.889l. I didn't pump it so don't know what the price on the pump was. From the receipt looks like it was 2.068 or somewhere around that.
Next car will just take normal gas so price on the sign is 1.659 so should pay 1.479. My brother will go back later and get it filled. It will take about 60ltrs.
Gas prices in the neighbourhood are all over the map - 1.739 down the road to 1.629 at Costco.
i think its max 50 litres per fill per card

I got gas today too. It's the first time in ages that I actually filled the tank to the top. I usually stop at 30L.

I'm working on booking flights for June. Originally, I was only going to go for 5 days over a weekend but now I've decided to go for a full week. I have to stop prioritizing work over everything else. DD will be happy to have an extra couple of days and cost wise it's only a couple hundred. I told her that unless she can come through with a CM rate at a WDW resort we will be staying off site...she didn't seem to care.

My brother went to the Shell near us and the lines were out the door so he will go back later. Gas has dropped from 165.9 at 4pm to 163.9 now. Same price at the Petro Can across the road so guess they are having a price war.

New amazon categories for May through airmilesshops. Glad to see pet food and supplies back on the list. And clothing actually since kiddo needs some spring/summer clothes :)

Included categories*:
Amazon Fashion Private Brands
Amazon Cloud Cam
Automotive
Business & Industrial Supplies
Camera, Photo & Video
Clothing & Accessories
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Element Smart TV
Fire TV Devices
Handmade
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Kindle E-readers
Luggage
Luxury Beauty
Major Appliances
Musical Instruments
Office & School Supplies (Exclude Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets)
Outdoor Recreation
Pet Food & Supplies
Power & Hand Tool
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
Software
Tires & Wheels
Toys & Games
Watches

I was so happy that one of my categories for Amazon was there last month, so I placed an order and viola it actually worked. Too bad it shipped in 2 orders so far I have only received the 1 set of miles. Waiting to see if the other one posts today because the package shipped yesterday.

My monthly Shell email to opt in came early. And they are giving me 25 AM for 1 fill up and 50 more for a 2nd. Guess they finally noticed I fill up once a month at most. And didn't yesterday for the big deal because I really didn't need any gas and it was cold and rainy and I was lazy lol

My monthly Shell email to opt in came early. And they are giving me 25 AM for 1 fill up and 50 more for a 2nd. Guess they finally noticed I fill up once a month at most. And didn't yesterday for the big deal because I really didn't need any gas and it was cold and rainy and I was lazy lol

I actually got my opt-in thing today. I didn't get it at all last month. MIne is get 100 ams for filling up 4 times.

I was so happy that one of my categories for Amazon was there last month, so I placed an order and viola it actually worked. Too bad it shipped in 2 orders so far I have only received the 1 set of miles. Waiting to see if the other one posts today because the package shipped yesterday.
Happy to report that my Amazon purchases have all posted correctly and I earned 3 base miles and 18 bonus miles.

Just had the 75 miles post for the Flash receipt offer!

Currently trying to figure out where & how to get some groceries while dealing with a few difficulties. No idea what's going on but my one foot is suddenly so swollen I can't get a shoe on, never mind walk. Went to the doctor and she's going with the idea of possible Gout but nothing really ticks all of the boxes for causes (can't eat or drink any of the culprits and my Uric acid levels are actually low), can't take any of the medications used to treat it anyways so I'm left with keeping it elevated, icing and Tylenol for the pain.

How do I deal with the fact that several of my safe foods are only available at the Loblaws chains, I had planned on shopping yesterday before I woke up to a throbbing balloon for a foot and it's suddenly May??? Never excited about shopping for food online and not happy that I can't hobble up and down aisles of other stores. URGH

Oh no Hon
I hope you are able to get some relief.

Just a thought ,,, remember when the TV clicker fell on your foot...............................
the picture you posted looked very painful.

https://creakyjoints.org/about-arthritis/gout/gout-overview/gout-misdiagnosis/4

If you broke your toe, you would know it, right? While you’d certainly be able to connect the dots if you dropped a heavy object on your foot and the pain started right after, sometimes the origin of toe pain isn’t so clear. If your doctor suspects that you might have a fractured your toe (or any other joint), an X-ray might be in order.

https://creakyjoints.org/about-arthritis/gout/gout-overview/gout-misdiagnosis/

Our feet have so many little bones in them.

Hugs Hon
Mel

PS
Maybe these slippers would help.?
OR
At least put a smile upon your face.

51Vhi2w0QwL._AC_UY900_.jpg
https://www.amazon.ca/Meanplan-Halloween-Slippers-Household-Supplies/dp/B0B24RG8WF

Just had the 75 miles post for the Flash receipt offer!

Currently trying to figure out where & how to get some groceries while dealing with a few difficulties. No idea what's going on but my one foot is suddenly so swollen I can't get a shoe on, never mind walk. Went to the doctor and she's going with the idea of possible Gout but nothing really ticks all of the boxes for causes (can't eat or drink any of the culprits and my Uric acid levels are actually low), can't take any of the medications used to treat it anyways so I'm left with keeping it elevated, icing and Tylenol for the pain.

How do I deal with the fact that several of my safe foods are only available at the Loblaws chains, I had planned on shopping yesterday before I woke up to a throbbing balloon for a foot and it's suddenly May??? Never excited about shopping for food online and not happy that I can't hobble up and down aisles of other stores. URGH
I feel for you. Had my first knee replacement surgery today and am now home. I’m aching pretty bad. It’s such a quick turnaround.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter