Airport security searching gift bags?

MichelleC

Mouseketeer
I've packed some gift bags for my kids for the plane ride. They are Disney store bags, tied closed with a ribbon. Will I have to open these for a search?

I suppose I could give them to the kids in the airport, before we get on the plane.

Thanks!

if they can go through the xray machine, you should be fine.

If they are selected for a detail search you will have to open them.

This is a good time to remind people NOT to wrap their Xmas presents before carrying them on the plane. If they trip security they will have to unwrap them.

Last year I was on a plane with a woman who had unwrapped her gifts 3 times on her flight (once at the secuirty and twice she was selected for the random check at the gate!) I really wanted to ask her why she re-wrapped after the first time but....

Thank you for an excellent reminder. The holidays are drawing near and I am sure people will be traveling with gifts soon. Wrap them after you arrive.

Gift bags are a God-send! I never bother to wrap any items that I bring for people out of state anymore. We bring a lot of gifts to Orlando because we take a lot of Disney cruises and like to bring little goodies for our friends on the ship. I quickly learned that gift bags are the way to go. The only thing I ever worried about is the fact that we often bring sealed boxes of candy, but so far we've never had to open one of those. When possible, we try to put the sealed boxes in our checked luggage, but sometimes I worry about it melting.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter