• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK - dinoland and Asia strategy

Yodayoda

Earning My Ears
I would like to split animal kingdom over the course of two or three mornings… On one morning, we would like to do Asia and Dino land. Recommendations on fast passes? Dinoland first (mainly dinosaur and finding Nemo, with some time at the boneyard) or Asia? Have dining reservations at yak and yeti at 11:15. Traveling with four kids ages 6 to 12 and need time for wilderness explorers. We may save one fast pass for Na’vi near the end of the day… But I know we can’t wait in line for flights of passage… Appreciate suggestions!!!!

For your tier 1 - I'd try for FoP 1st and then Navi. The lines can be long for both but FoP tends to be lengthy. For tier 2 - Dinosaur and EE if you are adventure seekers.

Are you rope dropping?

If yes, my thoughts would be...

Dinosaur since you said it is on your list
Primeval whirl (know lots of people hate this; we found it pretty enjoyable with 2 people in the car very early in the day and awful with 4 in it later on)
Nemo
Boneyard (closed until 10 I think?)
FPP EE
Lunch (or earlier depending on timing of dinoland)
ASIA trail
FPP Kali
FPP FOP

With two days I would definitely plan to double dip on FOP FPPs even if it meant back tracking.

I will say that I would have ideally done Asia first just to ride EE multiple times and boneyard second but would not want to be backtracking for your late AM lunch reservation given its time and location.

Are you rope dropping?

If yes, my thoughts would be...

Dinosaur since you said it is on your list
Primeval whirl (know lots of people hate this; we found it pretty enjoyable with 2 people in the car very early in the day and awful with 4 in it later on)
Nemo
Boneyard (closed until 10 I think?)
FPP EE
Lunch (or earlier depending on timing of dinoland)
ASIA trail
FPP Kali
FPP FOP

With two days I would definitely plan to double dip on FOP FPPs even if it meant back tracking.

I will say that I would have ideally done Asia first just to ride EE multiple times and boneyard second but would not want to be backtracking for your late AM lunch reservation given its time and location.
Thanks for the great suggestions. Yes, we planned to rope drop but not at the 1.5 hours before for FOP. Likely get there 30-45 mins before park opening - if we headed straight to Kali or EE do you think there we could ride without a FP?

Thanks for the great suggestions. Yes, we planned to rope drop but not at the 1.5 hours before for FOP. Likely get there 30-45 mins before park opening - if we headed straight to Kali or EE do you think there we could ride without a FP?
Before Pandora existed, we would RD and head to EE. We rode it 7 times in a row one morning without a FP, only getting out to switch seats or to get in line to wait for the next car to get the front or rear seat. Otherwise, it was so dead that they just let you stay in the car unless someone wanted the one you were in, then you moved to another.

Definitely. No problem.

Agree with PP that if you can get Flight of Passage Fast Passes for both days, it would be worth the walk to Pandora both days.

If you are rope dropping, I would go ahead and do Na'vi (unless you don't have anything else to use that FP for.) Then you can move on to the rest of the park, which should still have low waits.

The first Nemo show is generally at 11:00, so if you keep your ADR at 11:15, the soonest you will be able to see the show will be 1:00.

Even if the park opens at 9:00, you should be able to do what you want in Asia and Dinoland easily, though I've never done Wilderness Explorers, so I don't know how much time that adds to your touring. For my family, we'd probably move the ADR to 11:45 and try to do Nemo first, so we could leave for an afternoon break earlier.

Also, I wouldn't do Kali first, unless you are riding with ponchos. I'd do it on your way out of the park, or during the hottest part of the day. You can get drenched to the underwear on that ride, and being that wet first thing in the morning isn't fun in my book.

Yep

Yes that will work. Agree with other PPs to do Kali later in day. Most people in our car did not get wet much but one or two get it a lot.
Also I would RD Navi one day (45 min early enough) but if you are doing the other side of the park a different day at RD you can just hit it that day instead to save on walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter