• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK strategy

Sparkle51

Earning My Ears
AK advice. Going Memorial Day weekend with my sister in law and 5 kids (9-14). Doing. VIP tour one day. I’d like to eliminate AK from tour to make it a little less exhausting and do it the day before. So if you were going to use genie+/lightning lanes to knock out the big things (FOP, safari, Everest, Navi) would you do rope drop or would you try to stack for an afternoon evening visit and how would you prioritize order of things with genie. Sorry for long winded question.. it’s my first visit with the new system!!!

AK advice. Going Memorial Day weekend with my sister in law and 5 kids (9-14). Doing. VIP tour one day. I’d like to eliminate AK from tour to make it a little less exhausting and do it the day before. So if you were going to use genie+/lightning lanes to knock out the big things (FOP, safari, Everest, Navi) would you do rope drop or would you try to stack for an afternoon evening visit and how would you prioritize order of things with genie. Sorry for long winded question.. it’s my first visit with the new system!!!
I would rope drop.
Everest (can do multiple times)
Safari with LL
Enjoy the jungle walks before it gets hot
Lion king
River ride LL (if your OK getting wet)
Everest LL if you want to ride again.
Dinosaur LL might as well
Finding Nemo puppet show

Mid day break/ lunch pool time
Return before sunset

Enjoy the tree of life.
Walk over to Pandora
Navi ride LL
FOP jump in line at end of night (it was a 5 minute wait) or buy a G+.

That is what I would do. Miss the heat of the day and the crowds.

I really like Animal Kingdom at rope drop Asia is empty and my children road Everest 5 times before park opening. It’s their favorite of the Disney coasters. They are 9 year old twin girls.

Safari is not open for rope drop and has a line at park opening so I would get a LL for it. The animals are active before 11am.

The walks and trails are worth exploring if it’s not too hot.

The Lion King show is not to be missed. You can use a LL to get a good seat if you want or just walk in and get a seat. Every seat is pretty good.

At this time the heat will be bad. You might want to go on the water ride so your soaked as you walk back….. as you walk back towards the entrance you can pass Everest (go again) and Dinosaur (not my family’s favorite …. But your mileage may vary). At the end of Asia you will find the air conditioned Nemo building. Enjoy the show as you cool down.

It’s time for lunch/ pool /nap time to just relax.

Before sunset arrive at the tree of life. If the tree lights up it’s well worth looking at. It’s beautiful. The animals carved into the tree are fun to find, maybe go to inside the tree? It’s a bugs life is cute.

Make your way over to Pandora. Night time is magical in that world,
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter