(AKA toliet seat cover debate thread) Top ten products to take to Disney

I take a little flashlight to find way to bathroom at night or if, heaven forbid, something happens to the electricity (aka Katrina), we can see. Target had a tiny round one and hangs from a keychain. Check the camping section.

Band-aid makes "blister band-aids" that are little pricey but are padded more so you can put them on a sore spot.

Cheap paperback book to read on plane/car and then leave/toss.

Charger for AA batteries for digital camera

A visor that slips on to my glasses when I don't want "hat hair": I think it was from a gift shop in Sanibel.

Is it December yet and time for our trip ??????? :Pinkbounc

MHF

RachaelRol said:
Because you don't want your little ones sitting on the seats...

I also pack a first aid kit and baby wipes for cleaning faces and hands

9 out of ten bathrooms have toilet seat covers.

I get that 9 of 10 bathrooms have toilet seat covers, but there are places that don't... The 1 of 10 in the World, the airport, any restaurants, shops any all other places outside of World as well. They are easy to carry and very inexpensive. For my little guys' butt, its better safe than sorry... :) :)

Just got back from labor day weekend at Disney. We didn't end up using the candle because every time we thought about it we looked up at the ceiling with the FIVE sprinklers and the smoke detector and thought, huh, wouldn't THAT be entertaining!

It was hot and it rained every afternoon, so those ponchos came in really handy!

Fantasmic on sunday night was a disaster. We had the fantasmic dinner seating, showed up 30 minutes early, and the entire place was a boiling mass of people. There wasn't even standing room only left, and our 'reserved' section was literally overrun. Bummer! This was our 4th or 5th time doing fantasmic with the dinner and we'd NEVER seen anything like that. It was CRAZY. MGM on sunday was just nuts. All the other days were great, MK on friday was empty, etc. Wait, this just turned into a trip report...

So, maybe we won't bring candles next time. Love those dollar store ponchos, though!

RachaelRol said:
For my little guys' butt, its better safe than sorry...

I don't get the whole toilet seat cover thing. It's your legs (and "rear" muscle)that take up most of the seat. Unless you've got a cut or a sore, the germs are not getting in to your body. FYI - urine is sterile (no germs). If you see anything else on the seat, pick another stall.

Your little guy will get more germs from his fingers touching his eyes, nose and mouth than from his butt.

JohnNJ said:
I don't get the whole toilet seat cover thing. It's your legs (and "rear" muscle)that take up most of the seat. Unless you've got a cut or a sore, the germs are not getting in to your body. FYI - urine is sterile (no germs). If you see anything else on the seat, pick another stall.

Your little guy will get more germs from his fingers touching his eyes, nose and mouth than from his butt.

Why do people keep bringing this up? To each his own! This is a thread about the top ten things to bring to WDW not the toliet seat cover debate thread.

I just can't help but respond but I really don't want someones crap or urine or other "stuff" on my little ones tushie or hands- sterile or not!!!!!! :scared1:

1. Gum
2. Non-perishable foods (cereal, oatmeal, peanut butter, jam)
3. Laundry tablets
4. Sunscreen/glasses/hats/visors
5. 3 pairs of shoes for each person (to elimate tired/blistered feet)
6. Digital Camera
7. Laptop (for surfing at night and reporting to the DISBoards)
8. Script of Antibiotics
9. Ipod/PSP/PDA (for waiting and for scheduling ADRs)
10. Friends - as many that will go with you!

cstraub said:
Why do people keep bringing this up? To each his own! This is a thread about the top ten things to bring to WDW not the toliet seat cover debate thread.

I just can't help but respond but I really don't want someones crap or urine or other "stuff" on my little ones tushie or hands- sterile or not!!!!!! :scared1:

From one toilet seat cover packer to another, AMEN!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

to take into the parks
1.Sunblock (waterproof and unscented to keep away bugs)
2.sunglasses w/attached strap so they don't come off on rides and strap to attach to my prescription glasses
3.ziplock bags to keep things dry during rain or water rides
4.meds / a couple of bandages
5.travel sewing kit
6.tweezers and fold up scissors
7.my own soap in small travel bottle (unscented since I'm allergic to scented and it doesn't attract bugs :))
8.makeup (eyeliner and powder compact)
9.camera and film/batteries
10.travelers checks / cash / debit card / ID
11.gum
12.hairpick/small comb (don't take as much room as a brush)
13.keychain flashlight
14.fannypack to put it all in :)

Other things I pack for trips
makeup - light based, eyeliner and Outlast all-day lipcolor (then you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day)
plastic bags from stores (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc) to put dirty clothes in
a couple pair of already broken in walking shoes (a must if you don't want feet even more sore)
for the pool - Sandals, swimsuit and towel
extra socks and undies
a travel size bottle of apply now wash later stain remover
a small spray bottle of Downy wrinkle releaser so I don't have to iron anything
unscented hairspray and scrunchies or ponytail holders.

cstraub said:

You are right, but I have to add my 2 cents anyway. I don't care one wit if someone wants to use a toilet seat cover or toilet paper to line the seat or towels or anything else. . .but do those who use them have to leave them on the seat for the next person or the cleaning folks to deal with?!!! I have never seen so many 'covers' left on toilets in my life than I saw last week at WDW! It became a running joke in my party of 10 :rotfl:
I am certainly not suggesting any of you do this, so don't flame me! ;)

Mrs. Squirrel said:
You are right, but I have to add my 2 cents anyway. I don't care one wit if someone wants to use a toilet seat cover or toilet paper to line the seat or towels or anything else. . .but do those who use them have to leave them on the seat for the next person or the cleaning folks to deal with?!!! I have never seen so many 'covers' left on toilets in my life than I saw last week at WDW! It became a running joke in my party of 10 :rotfl:
I am certainly not suggesting any of you do this, so don't flame me! ;)

We always ensure that ours have been flushed. :)

cteddiesgirl said:
to take into the parks
1.Sunblock (waterproof and unscented to keep away bugs)
2.sunglasses w/attached strap so they don't come off on rides and strap to attach to my prescription glasses
3.ziplock bags to keep things dry during rain or water rides
4.meds / a couple of bandages
5.travel sewing kit
6.tweezers and fold up scissors
7.my own soap in small travel bottle (unscented since I'm allergic to scented and it doesn't attract bugs :))
8.makeup (eyeliner and powder compact)
9.camera and film/batteries
10.travelers checks / cash / debit card / ID
11.gum
12.hairpick/small comb (don't take as much room as a brush)
13.keychain flashlight
14.fannypack to put it all in :)

Other things I pack for trips
makeup - light based, eyeliner and Outlast all-day lipcolor (then you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day)
plastic bags from stores (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc) to put dirty clothes in
a couple pair of already broken in walking shoes (a must if you don't want feet even more sore)
for the pool - Sandals, swimsuit and towel
extra socks and undies
a travel size bottle of apply now wash later stain remover
a small spray bottle of Downy wrinkle releaser so I don't have to iron anything
unscented hairspray and scrunchies or ponytail holders.

Fold up scissors and a sewing kit. I'll have to remeber those things for my next trip. Great ideas! :teeth:

cstraub said:
Fold up scissors and a sewing kit. I'll have to remeber those things for my next trip. Great ideas! :teeth:
Can't tell you how many times those have actually come in handy in a park.
I've lost a couple buttons due to restraints, so I have to run to the nearest restroom and sew on a button. :) Or if a hem gets ripped, you can fix it immediately without having to leave the park.

I forgot to add...Shout wipes. Be aware they can leave a small residue/circle where the food stain was. This is often better than wandering around with ketchup on your shirt! Find in the laundery detergent aisle in a box then toss in your day bag just a few in individual packets.

I also like the mini kleenex packets...so handy for everything and the tissues stay clean. They usually come in packs of 10 but sometimes you can find individual packs near the cash register at the drug store.

And I always have my emery board. Not a problem like a pointy metal nail file might be thru airport security.

Cheers,
MHF

GREAT THREAD!!

1. Packing Cubes (I bought mine at eBags.com). They are GREAT! I love having everything in the suitcases organized.

2. Antibacterial Wipes for hands and Lysol Wipes for surfaces

3. Snacks and Breakfast items

4. Water Wallet

5. Belt Pack or small purse to carry to the parks.

6. Headache med. and Fever meds.

7. Mesh Laundry Bag for Dirty Laundry

8. Sunscreen and After Sun lotion with Aloe

9. Souvenirs purchased ahead of time to leave in room to surprise DS and DD.

10. Disney Dollars

1. Mastercard
2. Body Glide
3. Sun Block
4. Advil
5. Alka Seltzer
6. Hats
7. Sunglasses
8. Camera (Digital)
9. Ponchos
10. Birnbaum's Guide

Other items include Ipod, and audiophile quality sealed headphones (no plane noise).

Also I once read a study that concluded there were more harmful germs on your Keyboard/Desk :badpc: than on a Toilet seat. Thus I have no use for toilet seat covers :rotfl:

mhf said:
I also like the mini kleenex packets...so handy for everything and the tissues stay clean. They usually come in packs of 10 but sometimes you can find individual packs near the cash register at the drug store.

And I always have my emery board. Not a problem like a pointy metal nail file might be thru airport security.

Cheers,
MHF
Oh yes. I forgot to put the Kleenex on the list. I always have to have those.
I also carry a plastic covered nail clipper that has a tiny file attached. And it always gets thru airport security. :)

Also I once read a study that concluded there were more harmful germs on your Keyboard/Desk :badpc: than on a Toilet seat. Thus I have no use for toilet seat covers :rotfl:[/QUOTE said:
At least their my germs!

We're talking about feces, urine, hair (not the kind on your head) and more on toilet seats! Seen or unseen it's not going on my child if I can help it! Even if someone gets crap on the seat and wipes it off I can't see it but I would be able to smell it if it rubbed on my DD's legs or bottom. YUCK!!!

I'd rather have my DD catch a cold frrom the germs on my keyboard than have her get someone's crap (literally) on her hands and have it potentially go into her mouth, hair etc.

I still don't understan why people keep bringing this up.

Why do you give a "crap"? :sick:

I prefer to line the toilet seat with toilet paper (double strips of course) but I have no objection to other's using toilet seat covers if they want. :)
What I can't stand are the "squatters" who make a mess all over the toilet and floor. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter