AKC-Kidani Transportation & a few other Questions

nkosiek

DIS Veteran
I am taking my sister down to DisneyWorld over MLKJr. Weekend (friday morn-Monday afternoon). She's never been, and in fact hasn't been on vacation in about 3 years. She really wants to hit all 4 parks but spend the most time in Epcot and the MK. I've only stayed on the monorail or at the Epcot resorts, so am unfamiliar with Kidani. What is the bus situation, other than being the first stop in and out & having to stop at Jambo before continuing onwards? Does it take a long time to get other places? Do they stop at the waterparks before going to the other parks?

On a side note, is there a little market at Kidani for milk or other small sundries or will we have to go to Jambo (not that I mind, I loved the lobby there when I've eaten at Boma)? We will probably bring cereal so we can have breakfast before touring. We have a savannah view but haven't put in a room request. Both of us are healthy, no problem walkers, so does it matter where the room is? Does one savannah have animals the other doesn't? I think that would influence a decision. I know it's short but is there anything I should try out at night at AKV?

Thanks so much for any answers provided.

I am taking my sister down to DisneyWorld over MLKJr. Weekend (friday morn-Monday afternoon). She's never been, and in fact hasn't been on vacation in about 3 years. She really wants to hit all 4 parks but spend the most time in Epcot and the MK. I've only stayed on the monorail or at the Epcot resorts, so am unfamiliar with Kidani. What is the bus situation, other than being the first stop in and out & having to stop at Jambo before continuing onwards? Does it take a long time to get other places? Do they stop at the waterparks before going to the other parks?

On a side note, is there a little market at Kidani for milk or other small sundries or will we have to go to Jambo (not that I mind, I loved the lobby there when I've eaten at Boma)? We will probably bring cereal so we can have breakfast before touring. We have a savannah view but haven't put in a room request. Both of us are healthy, no problem walkers, so does it matter where the room is? Does one savannah have animals the other doesn't? I think that would influence a decision. I know it's short but is there anything I should try out at night at AKV?

After stopping at jambo house there are no other stops. Depending on traffic it shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes to any of the parks. Yes, there is a little market in Kidani for milk, snacks, etc. they also have drink stations for the refillable mugs. We were just there last week and it was great!

We have always been happy with the buses from Kidani. MK is the longest ride and generally is about 20-30 minutes. AK is the quickest and Epcot/HS never seems to be a very long ride.

The general store at Kidani is small. They have a pretty decent selection, but the store at Jambo is much better. You could always use the grocery order form on the member website and have the resort deliver whatever you need directly to your room. That would give you more time to hit the parks.

Requesting lobby level near the lobby is a good request for room location. We had a room that was the last one in the last bead towards Jambo, and it is quite a hike! We didn't mind, too much, since we like the exercise we get at WDW -- it allows us to liberalize our diet a little while we are there. We prefer the Sunset Savanna, but we had a standard room overlooking the pool area once and had a nice view of the end of Pembe. The animals are different, and fun to watch there, as well. It gets dark fairly early in January, so if you won't get back to the room until after 6, there may not be a whole lot to look at no matter which savanna you face.

If you have time, you should definitely try Sanaa. It it our favorite restaurant in all of WDW. The food is excellent and the prices are reasonable.

I think it is going to be difficult to get all 4 parks in, given your short stay. For a trip like yours, I would probably sacrifice HS. When you get there on Friday, you could head straight to AK, which is the closest, and probably get most of what you want to do done in that half day. You may be able to hit another park, but the parks close a little earlier that time of the year, so it may be tough to do. Check out easywdw.com to see what he recommends for that weekend.

Have a great time! We always love taking someone who has never been to WDW. It adds to our enjoyment to see how much fun they have!

Jumping in to ask if Magical Express stops at Kidani or do we have to check in at Jambo? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter