AKL and Pool Rehab - Suggestions!

i understand your disappointment! What month is your trip? Ours is in October still haven’t received notification yet.:mad:
We're staying 11/10 - 11/16. We received the email within 24 hours of the reservation. I'm going to keep checking often other delux resorts and see if something else is worth switching too. I don't mind having to go to the other pool, my little ones wouldn't care as long as there were slides and a splash area. I'm more concerned with seeing/hearing construction while we're staying there - for the amount of $ we're spending.

:worried:
We are so bummed too. We were so excited to switch from WL to AKL and save $ plus get the all the features of AKL. We just got our email this morning about the pool. I called and tried to switch to the Villas to at least eliminate the shuttle rides to and from, but there was nothing available. I tried to switch to the Savanah room to avoid seeing the construction and it was $1000 difference. I want to maybe change resorts but DH is too excited about the animals and scenery and wants us to just look for other pools to go to. So disappointed in this.

Not sure what other pools your DH wants to go to, but you can’t access other resort pools. You could spend time at one of the water parks, but that’s certainly not as convenient as your resort! It also adds to the cost. I completely understand what you’re going through. We had made reservations at CSR, and then found out they would be closing the main pool too. So frustrating!!!

We're staying 11/10 - 11/16. We received the email within 24 hours of the reservation. I'm going to keep checking often other delux resorts and see if something else is worth switching too. I don't mind having to go to the other pool, my little ones wouldn't care as long as there were slides and a splash area. I'm more concerned with seeing/hearing construction while we're staying there - for the amount of $ we're spending.
THANKS for the info.. This is a DVC reservation for my DH and me, but from these boards, it has been said that reservations outside of DVC for the deluxe resort rooms, have been changed easily by Disney. Hope you are lucky with this! Unfortunately, DVC reservations are so tough to get these days within 7 months that anyone staying DVC is pretty much So out of Luck if the pool renovation or construction noise bothers them!o_O:(

Not sure what other pools your DH wants to go to, but you can’t access other resort pools. You could spend time at one of the water parks, but that’s certainly not as convenient as your resort! It also adds to the cost. I completely understand what you’re going through. We had made reservations at CSR, and then found out they would be closing the main pool too. So frustrating!!!
Ok, sounds like a friend of ours misspoke. I think we will just end up having to try our luck at the Kildani pool and hopefully the noise isn't so loud in the room during the day that it prevents naps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter