Akl Info Hot Off The Rumor Mill

You are correct!

Sweet! Now about that minimum, what if I want to purchase like four 50 pt contracts. Will that count as a 200 pt. purchase and I'll get the developer points?

Y-ASK (That would be sir :))

Oh and one last question, are there going to be any closing cost and if so would I have to pay closing for each contract and if so again how much do you think that would be?

Thanks, Tony! I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet:
Rooms are larger than SSR, BCV, BWV, VWL, and smaller than OKW.
This rates a big :thumbsup2 from me!! DH and I were discussing that one of the things that would turn us off to adding on at AKV is if DVC continued the trend of reducing the size of the villas with each new resort. I am anxious to see some drawings of the interiors of the different villas with some indication of the number of square feet for each villa type.

Good news about the different views, too!

Sweet! Now about that minimum, what if I want to purchase like four 50 pt contracts. Will that count as a 200 pt. purchase and I'll get the developer points?

Oh and one last question, are there going to be any closing cost and if so would I have to pay closing for each contract and if so again how much do you think that would be?
It has in the past. I've never heard of an exception. Apparently one person even bought two 75 pt contracts for 150 total and was able to get a different registration than their original contract.

was able to get a different registration than their original contract.
I'm not sure I understand, please explain "different registration". Is that like different member numbers for each contract?

Y-ASK

I'm not sure I understand, please explain "different registration". Is that like different member numbers for each contract?

Y-ASK
If you do an add on (less than 150 points) it must be the exact registration as your original contract. You can't add or take people off the deed as part of the deal though you could later if you wanted to get a new deed and go through ROFR to do so. I would like to do an add on and add my now adult daughter but I'll have to do the add on then later change the deed. It will then become a totally separate contract of only those points.

At last check, no closing costs on add ons. :thumbsup2 Not sure if that will change for AKL.

Ohhhh what to do.....was gonna put a deposit on a cruise for September, but I could use that $$ towards the AKL add on and then use the developer points for the cruise! ACK! DH is NOT going to be happy about this.

Have to drag him to the sales office at SSR while we are there next week! ;)

Okay, I got through to my extra-special, top-secret Disney Contact. Here is what he said......

AKL will start selling February 1st, 2007. DVC Guides are getting info via email this Sunday.

The Other Poster (Saratoga Filly is the OP!!!) who posted $101.00 per point to existing members is correct.

Here is the down-lo:

Cost to existing DVC Members $101.00 a point with a matching number of current year 'developer points' that may be banked. Probably first Use Year will be December 2007for 'real' AKL points.

Turn down developer points get $8.00 off per point or $93.00 per point.

Now I don't know if this part has been posted.

Point charts are out, Guides should have them Sunday.

Each room type has 4 views with different rates.

Value View (actually cheaper than OKW!)
Standard View
Savanah View
Kilimanjaro Concierge View/Level Higer than BCV/VWL/BWV-preferred view.

No extra bathrooms, so just 1 in a 1 BR and 2 in a 2 BR. No super grand villas (4 BR). But 1/2/3BR will have a sleeper/chair?recliner? to officially allow 5 in 1 BR, 9 in 2 BR.

End date is offically 2057.

End of report!

-Tony

What - you didn't like the info I posted earlier? (7:56 AM, if interested :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1336717&page=2

(note to self:gotta get that post count up...)

ya know I luv ya, though Tony...:hug: lol

does this mean that the information is on the way to us too.

I mean before we got information on VWL, BCV, SSR - before (or a little after) sales began.

so do your source say when we would receive the information?

does this mean that the information is on the way to us too.

I mean before we got information on VWL, BCV, SSR - before (or a little after) sales began.

so do your source say when we would receive the information?

My guide said she would be finishing her training on Sunday, and that I could call her on Monday and get the full "official" scoop at that point. I have no idea when any emails, letters, etc will (or did?) go out, as we didn't own until late last yr.

What - you didn't like the info I posted earlier? (7:56 AM, if interested :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1336717&page=2

(note to self:gotta get that post count up...)

ya know I luv ya, though Tony...:hug: lol

Luv ya too....

I only had seen Saratoga Filly's thread, and of course Dumbo71's appology thread.

I actually haven't followed the AKL developments too closely for 2 reasons. First, I *REALLY* want the CRV.

Next, I have no interest in the AKL, or AK either.

Before you all point out that I'm buying 250 AKL points, remeber (believe it or not) I have a DW, and she *IS* AKL nuts.

The things one must do for a happy marriage.

Back to KD.....

You need some flash, some pizzaz, get yourself banned a couple of times, and then your posts will stand out, and you will get the kudos you so richly deserve!

-Tony

So now we have (or will have) points charts. And those better get posted in some shape on Monday by whoever talks to their guide first...;) ...

Next step...when are they taking ressies?

$93 a point? Wow, this is gonna be hard holding out for hopes of the Contemporary instead...

I wonder if these will be the rooms, that are currently being converted, over at the main lodge?

At least some of them. There are two different size rooms on the 5th floor that they are converting to villas. The two larger hallways (zebra and kudo trails) that surround the main (Arusha) savannah have larger 'deluxe' rooms (381sq ft) while the rooms on the smaller hallways that view the parking lot on one side are the smaller 'standard' rooms (344sq ft).

I would think any villas they make out of the smaller parking lot view rooms could not be priced the same as those made from the larger savannah rooms. My guess would be that the rooms on the kudo and zebra trail would be conceriege and the rooms on the giraffe and ostrich trail would be value with out concierge. This is really much to simplistic a division because there are deluxe size pool view rooms on the zebra trail and standard size savannah and pool view rooms. :confused3 And lets not forget about the rooms around the lobby on both the 5th and 6th floors.

...Back to KD.....

You need some flash, some pizzaz, get yourself banned a couple of times, and then your posts will stand out, and you will get the kudos you so richly deserve!

-Tony

I suspect if I communicate enough with you, I may just accomplish that banning :rotfl2:

As to AKL - maybe you should split that purchase into smaller contracts to make them easier to sell when it is time to buy CRV (I know - never happen - after all, a few extra DVC points are ultimately much cheaper than a divorce - esp here in NJ...:thumbsup2 )

$93 a point? Wow, this is gonna be hard holding out for hopes of the Contemporary instead...

I suspect that IF CRV becomes a reality, it will be many years down the road. Just keep saving those pennies (well, maybe a few folding bills, too :)) and by time (if?) it becomes a reality you'll be set!!

I was planning on calling my guide this week for 100 BWV points but now I WANT VAK. I have decide on dates allready for November 2008 for SSR. Any chance VAK will have rooms available(11/2008) other than in the main lodge. Are all the rooms in the main AKL going to be studios???? Susan

Okay, I got through to my extra-special, top-secret Disney Contact. Here is what he said......

AKL will start selling February 1st, 2007. DVC Guides are getting info via email this Sunday.

The Other Poster (Saratoga Filly is the OP!!!) who posted $101.00 per point to existing members is correct.

Here is the down-lo:

Cost to existing DVC Members $101.00 a point with a matching number of current year 'developer points' that may be banked. Probably first Use Year will be December 2007for 'real' AKL points.

Turn down developer points get $8.00 off per point or $93.00 per point.

Now I don't know if this part has been posted.

Point charts are out, Guides should have them Sunday.

Each room type has 4 views with different rates.

Value View (actually cheaper than OKW!)
Standard View
Savanah View
Kilimanjaro Concierge View/Level Higer than BCV/VWL/BWV-preferred view.

No extra bathrooms, so just 1 in a 1 BR and 2 in a 2 BR. No super grand villas (4 BR). But 1/2/3BR will have a sleeper/chair?recliner? to officially allow 5 in 1 BR, 9 in 2 BR.

End date is offically 2057.

End of report!

-Tony

Thanks, Tony!!

Here's what I know. We just got back late last night, and one of the guides who was stationed at the BCV (the villas, not the lobby) told us that they have not released a sales date for AKV (maybe he was lying, here) but a couple of things he did know were this....the DVC rooms in the AKL will be smaller than any other DVC room because the AKL rooms are smaller than any other DVC room. Rooms in the new building will be "standard size". He said the "extra person/people" option that everyone is talking about will not be available for those staying IN the lodge. However, he said DVC is taking part of the 4th and 5th floors and that AKL concierge will stay there as well, so anyone staying IN the lodge will have access to the concierge lounge. :thumbsup2 I asked if that meant that there would be mainly (or even entirely) studios in the lodge, since 1 and 2 bedrooms would be less likely to benefit from the concierge lounge, and he said he had heard that the lodge itself would be studios, 1 and 2 bedrooms, and that the grand villas would probably be in the new building.

Some of this is different from what Tony posted. I would certainly believe Tony's info over mine, but it is interesting what people are hearing.

I've read through this (fast, I admit) and I didn't see when you could first book it. October? November? December? I'd like to think that if they're going to start selling next month that they know when people can start staying there. And like others, I'd be extremely interested to know the specifics about the points-like spiceycat (I think it was) said, let's hope they're going to send the members some info. I'll start looking at my mailbox a little more closely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter