AKL Savanna view -recommendation ;)

Do you have Savannah View rooms? Or standard.

If you are staying at Kidani and have Standard View, ask for the north wing with a view either of the pool, or partial view of the Pembe Savannah. Pembe is the far north Savannah, and the smallest Savannah, but it gives you decent views a lot if the times. However, it is pretty long walk to the main lobby.

If at Kidani and you have Savannah View, ask for the Sunset Savannah (the main Savannah, east of the building), and ask to be close to the center section or lobby area.

If at Jambo, Standard View, ask for the left wing (which is the west wing). That wing is called the Kudu trail and a lot of the Standard View rooms in that wing have a partial view of the Sunset Savannah. Some of these rooms do have repainting going on, outside, now, but hopefully that will be finished by September.

If at Jambo with Savannah View, ask for the wing to the left, Kudu Trail, and a view of either the Sunset Savannah (the largest Savannah) from the rooms on the west side of that wing, or views of the Arusha Savannah, which is the large, central savannah, from the east side rooms on Kudu Trail.

Here is a Map, if the software here displays it:

upload_2019-5-11_17-27-20.png

You can only really request a floor (high or low) and near lobby, near transportation. We were there 2 wks ago.

You can only really request a floor (high or low) and near lobby, near transportation. We were there 2 wks ago.

I think it depends WHO you are talking to, to put in the request, WHEN you actually request it, and HOW you make the request. All requests ARE NOT truly valid, and certainly are not guaranteed, BUT, many cast members at Disney will try to do what they reasonably can, to give you the experience you want. That being said, they probably get way way more people requesting 'Partial Savannah Views' when they actually have rooms available. So they routinely just shut it down But that doesn't mean that they ALWAYS do.

I think it depends WHO you are talking to, to put in the request, WHEN you actually request it, and HOW you make the request. All requests ARE NOT truly valid, and certainly are not guaranteed, BUT, many cast members at Disney will try to do what they reasonably can, to give you the experience you want. That being said, they probably get way way more people requesting 'Partial Savannah Views' when they actually have rooms available. So they routinely just shut it down But that doesn't mean that they ALWAYS do.

I'm telling you what we deal with every time we go. Most recent 2 weeks ago, we almost always stay at either Jambo or Kidani.

Everyone isn't always going to get what they want. It's impossible for Disney to get everyone the "experience" they want. I say book the view you want and wish for the best.

Personally, I'm just glad to be there, that's enough for me. But to each their own.

Thanks all, we are staying at KANADI, savanna view -we are always just happy to be there and take what ever they have. However just hoping for the best.

That has not been our experience. Is this something new? Or perhaps you are referring to a request made while doing online check-in, which are more limited than the requests you can make either via phone or email with MS.

For Kidani savanna view we make our requests through MS and usually request Sunset savanna view and either near the Rafiki elevator, on the north wing, which gives you shortest walk from the resort to a gate to the pool, or near the Timon elevator, on the south wing, which gives you quick access to exit on second floor that goes directly to the bus station. Both areas also put you in striking distance of the lobby.

That has not been our experience. Is this something new? Or perhaps you are referring to a request made while doing online check-in, which are more limited than the requests you can make either via phone or email with MS.

For Kidani savanna view we usually request Sunset savanna view and either near the Rafiki elevator, on the north wing, which gives you shortest walk from the resort to a gate to the pool, or near the Timon elevator, on the south wing, which gives you quick access to exit on second floor that goes directly to the bus station. Both areas also put you in striking distance of the lobby.

I'm aware of the ins and outs of the resort. But some of the requests that were being mentioned to OP earlier in the thread were overkill TBH.

Online check in was what I stated previously and you quoted. Trying to make more specific requests via phone etc are hit or miss, mostly miss. Many times they are not even noted when a CM says they are. Again, people can request to their hearts content but that doesn't mean Disney can satisfy all especially with so much construction happening and refurbs etc. No, the refurb is not at kidani, but as skated in the AKL thread, people are getting calls from Disney Guest Services telling them they have to move them to other resorts totally.

Again, I'm just happy to be able to stay there and enjoy the resort and Disney. I don't need to request a specific room. I put in for the view I want (savannah, standard, etc) and hope for the best. Disney visits are a blessing, not a given.

I'm aware of the ins and outs of the resort. But some of the requests that were being mentioned to OP earlier in the thread were overkill TBH.

Online check in was what I stated previously and you quoted. Trying to make more specific requests via phone etc are hit or miss, mostly miss. Many times they are not even noted when a CM says they are. Again, people can request to their hearts content but that doesn't mean Disney can satisfy all especially with so much construction happening and refurbs etc. No, the refurb is not at kidani, but as skated in the AKL thread, people are getting calls from Disney Guest Services telling them they have to move them to other resorts totally.

Again, I'm just happy to be able to stay there and enjoy the resort and Disney. I don't need to request a specific room. I put in for the view I want (savannah, standard, etc) and hope for the best. Disney visits are a blessing, not a given.

So far (7 occasions making the noted requests), we have gotten them. However, we do a reminder email to MS nearer the date and also call the central number for the hotels nearer the date to remind them of the requests. What we found before we started using those requests is that the request to be "close to lobby" almost always failed, with the result that we were put far from the lobby. We figured out why -- anyone who has been there and been far from lobby wants to be much closer for subsequent trips because those end rooms are more than 1/3 mile away from the lobby. Moreover close to lobby is one of the specific requests you can make during online check-in, which means even those staying cash can make that request because that online section is for all guests. Thus, close to lobby results in being the most frequent request made, meaning it is heavily over-requested, significantly lowering the odds of getting it.

Last edited:
So far (7 occasions making the noted requests), we have gotten them. However, we do a reminder email to MS nearer the date and also call the central number for the hotels nearer the date to remind them of the requests. What we found before we started using those requests is that the request to be "close to lobby" almost always failed, with the result that we were put far from the lobby. We figured out why -- anyone who has been there and been far from lobby wants to be much closer for subsequent trips because those end rooms are more than 1/3 mile away from the lobby. Moreover close to lobby is one of the specific requests you can make during online check-in, which means even those staying cash can make that request because that online section is for all guests. Thus, close to lobby results in being the most frequent request made, meaning it is heavily over-requested, significantly lowering the odds of getting it.

I don't understand why you continue to argue this with me when I said quite clearly that I'm stating my experience and that I honestly don't care. I'm not one to say oh I need room 7843 or something.

I'm happy to have the ability to go at all.

I'm done with this conversation.

Lower floor close to pool

We like ground level because it is closest to the animals when they get near and it is lobby level.
Plus we request close to pool because that generally gets you close to lobby since they are in close proximity of each other.

I never make requests at check in, because it confuses them. And it is usually a bit late. I make my requests, by phone, from members services, months in advance. Then, I call back fairly soon thereafter and have them verify to me what I have asked. I don't always make requests, but when I have, it has been very successful. At Villas at Grand Californian, I got some amazing rooms that were exactly where I asked for them. At Kidani, I got perfect rooms, near the lobby and just to the south in the south wing, exactly like I requests. At Polynesian last fall, I requested 3rd flood, Tokelau building and Adjoining/connecting rooms, and that is exactly what I got. Multiple other times I have gotten the exact building I asked for, or the exact wing I asked for, and the exact floor I asked for, and the area in the resort that I asked for. I usually travel in large group, with 8 to 12 of us and we always need at least 2 rooms, and we have always been together, like I have requested. I realize it is hit or miss, and nothing is ever guaranteed, but if you make your request in advance, then verify that it is exactly as requested, and then you check in online about 5 days in advance, you give them the greatest chance to get you what you want. I can't say that I have ever been unhappy with it. That being said, I do know people who definitely DID NOT get what they want, and that is the way it is sometimes.

We just got back from another wonderful stay at Kidani. I always request, in priority order: "Sunset Savanna, Lowest floor". I make the request by phone to Member Services, months in advance. I prefer the Sunset Savanna over Pembe because Pembe does not have giraffes or zebras. My second priority is to be on the lowest floor to be as close as possible to the animals. I don't care how far I am from the lobby. A room further from the lobby is often quieter (less foot traffic) but you can end up with a very long walk to either the pool or the bus if you are at the end of one of the wings.

This trip, we were assigned a room that faced Sunset but on the 3rd floor (the 2nd floor is the lowest), so I got my primary request and very close on the second request so I was very pleased. We usually end up over by the pool but this time we were in the other wing, near the bus stop. That worked out well since we probably made more trips to the bus stop than to the pool, and it made for a much shorter walk over to Jambo House.

When it comes to animal viewing from your room, timing can be important. The animal care team puts out food several times a day and that will bring the animals around to different parts of the savanna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter