AKL vs Beach Club?

Same here.

We are in a queue for points for BCV from David’s for end October 2020. I have a back up booking at Yacht Club just in case they can’t find us any points.

By way of comparison, they managed to snag us the room and points combination that we wanted for Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian Villas for the same trip within hours of the 11 month booking window opening.

Don’t set your heart on Beach Club Villas through rental. It’s a hard one to get, particularly during the Fall.

And for what it’s worth, Animal Kingdom is lovely to stay at. That is the one I’m most excited to be going back to, even though YC/BC, WL and GF are all generally considered more desirable due to location! :)

That's what a friend has for mid-September. Waiting for the BCV portion. She already has AKV at the beginning, VGF for the end...

We've stayed at both renting DVC points. We had a studio with a savannah view at Kidani Village, but I would have much preferred staying in the lodge. Kidani village felt a little detached from the action (dining/shopping/Christmas decorations etc). Before staying there we always visited to dine and look around as it's one of our favourite resorts so if we return I will definitely be in the Lodge.

The Beach Club was amazing, we had a one bedroom lock-off situated at the rear of resort, and we could see glimpses of Spaceship Earth when it was lit up at night. The best part was easy access to Epcot via the International Gateway and wandering around the Boardwalk. Stormalong Bay was very enjoyable but the entrance to the biggest water slide was outside the secure area of the resort, so we felt an adult always had to go with my nephew, and he went on it a lot!

Last edited:
Hard decision. Both are great resorts. With BC, it’s location, location, location! Less busses and with a stroller that’s big! Lots of dining options in YC/BC. I enjoy their dining. And there’s a quick service and mug station at the pool. Walking to Epcot, being able to stay for the fireworks/evening show without having to worry about long waits for a bus, priceless. And all those dining options right in your backyard around World Showcase and Boardwalk.
It’s a bit of a walk to DHS but doable, or take the boat.
The pool is great, and there is a nice shallow kiddie area in the pool with a sandbar.
You feel like you’re in the middle of it all.

AKL/Kidani is also very nice. Obviously all the animals. The Arusha lookout at Arusha Rock has a cm there that is happy to answer any questions. In the evening they have savana viewing with night vision goggles, but it’s in a part of the savana that doesn’t get much animals wandering to. I don’t know why they don’t move it to another area. One of my fav things to do if I’m around in the early evening is to go to the Cultural Safari, it’s in an area just off the lobby. The Cultural ambassador from the country gives a presentation of their country with slide show, maybe artifacts, it’s always well done and worth going to.
love the dining but if you are not a slightly adventurous eater you may not like it.
Kidani has a very cute splash pad.

The only downside is transportation is bus only, making it difficult for getting anywhere for dining (dinner). And it’s a bit remote to everything except AK park.

No bad decisions between those resorts.

...Food offerings at AKL beat BC for me. I don't like not having a convenient QS. I grab breakfast and bring it back to room so we can eat as we get ready in the morning.
The Marketplace at the BC has a counter service dining facility. It's just a few steps from the BCV and it's also a fully covered walk from the villas to the Marketplace. Kidani Village offers limited counter service at the small store in the lobby, mostly pastries and the like (plus the typical frozen, refrigerated and boxed items in the grocery section. The Mara is located in Jambo House, so you'd have to walk or take the shuttle over to JH from KV if you chose to dine there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter