Akl

Jeanine3kids

Mouseketeer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know what the pools are like at the AKL are they better than SSR. I am planning a trip for Aug 08 and I have three kids ages 6,4,and almost 3 Iam trying to figure out what would be the best resort for them.

Thanks
Jeanine

There is only one very large pool at AKL presently. It has a slide and there is a small playground for children near the pool.

Kidani Village is not scheduled to open until 2009. It will have a pool and water play areas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know what the pools are like at the AKL are they better than SSR. I am planning a trip for Aug 08 and I have three kids ages 6,4,and almost 3 Iam trying to figure out what would be the best resort for them.

Thanks
Jeanine

We stayed at both SSR and AKV on our last trip. SSR's main pool is similar to AKV's pool in that they're both zero-entry pools. This is great with younger children since you can basically sit in the shallow end in a few inches of water and splash with them. The slide at SSR is longer and more fun (the opinions of our 10 & 8 yr olds) and SSR's main pool also has a short toddler slide that our 3 yr old loved. SSR's main pool also has a small water play area, AKV does not.

AKV has only one pool (right now until Kidani opens in 2009)...SSR has the main pool near the Carriage House and a few of the different sections have their own quiet pools. We stayed in the Grandstand section and the pool there was great (not zero-entry, though). The Grandstand pool also has a water play area for the kids which should be great for the ages of your children....all 3 of our boys loved it. I think Congress Park has it's own quiet pool, I'm not sure of the other sections.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice of resort....SSR has a few more options at it's pools, if that's your major deciding factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter