• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Kidani or Jambo Kilimanjaro Club for honeymoon

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
I'll be booking my daughter and son-in-law's honeymoon trip in a few weeks using our points. They want to stay at AKV because they love to watch the animals on the savannah. We've never stayed at Jambo. Would love input from those who've done both whether we should book a savannah view at Kidani or splurge on Kilimanjaro Club at Jambo. The trip isn't until January 2022, so hopefully the concierge lounge will be available by then. Wanted to do something special since it's their honeymoon. Thanks!

I'll be booking my daughter and son-in-law's honeymoon trip in a few weeks using our points. They want to stay at AKV because they love to watch the animals on the savannah. We've never stayed at Jambo. Would love input from those who've done both whether we should book a savannah view at Kidani or splurge on Kilimanjaro Club at Jambo. The trip isn't until January 2022, so hopefully the concierge lounge will be available by then. Wanted to do something special since it's their honeymoon. Thanks!
If they want to watch animals from their room then I would go with savanna view at either but would lean towards Kidani. Personally, I would go with Club Level and then use viewing areas to go see the animals if the view from my room wasn't great (assuming you can get CL booked that is).

You can't count on getting savannah view CL. We have stayed multiple times and always get the pool view. Also, it is the 6th floor so not the best viewing.
If staying in a studio and CL is back up and running, it is nice to have access to drinks, snacks and extra seating areas to relax. If it were me, I would prefer CL for a studio. If going 1 bedroom, I don 't think it's worth the points.

For a Savanna view studio, I would go with Jambo. The lobby is just so amazing. Once you move to a one or two bedroom, Kidani wins. You can’t beat the extra bathroom.

Thank you for the feedback! Since I know a savannah view is important to them, I'm thinking CL is out without that guarantee and I just need to think about Kidani v Jambo savannah views. Neither has stayed at Jambo so that might be special and they would probably appreciate the wider variety of amenities in terms of dining/bar options. I guess I will just see what is available when I book it!

Even if you get the savannah view on club level, the view isn’t great. It’s way at the end of the savannah. Not as many animals wander down there. Also club level is a higher floor and thus farther away from the animals. If they want AKV for the view, don’t do club level.

If savannah view is important than I agree to skip CL as you just don't know. I always request savannah side as does everyone else and have gotten pool view the most.

Savannah views themselves can be better from Kidani since that is floors 2-5 while at Jambo it's only floor 5. However Kidani has the Pembe savannah for one side and it's not my favorite (no giraffe and narrow) so there's that plus more amenities at Jambo.

We stayed at Kidani and it felt a bit disjointed from the Lodge. If I was lucky enough to stay again it'd defintely be in the lodge, there are bars, lots of dining options and a stunning lobby area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter