AKV- Kidani room request

mom23guys2

<font color=FF99FF>Longs to hear....."A table for
We are renting a 2bedroom savannah view at Kidani. This is our first time there. We usually book Jambo. Although we don't need a handicapped unit my husband has significant mobility issues. He will rent a scooter to get to the parks but does like to be able to walk around the resort a bit. we are in our late to mid seventies. Id like to ask the owner to request a room near the lobby but is there any other specific requests that would help us.
Thanks for any suggestions

We are renting a 2bedroom savannah view at Kidani. This is our first time there. We usually book Jambo. Although we don't need a handicapped unit my husband has significant mobility issues. He will rent a scooter to get to the parks but does like to be able to walk around the resort a bit. we are in our late to mid seventies. Id like to ask the owner to request a room near the lobby but is there any other specific requests that would help us.
All I can say about Kidani and requests is Good Luck! I also have significant mobility issues, use a scooter. Last trip I requested near bus stop and near Timon elevator. I didn't request near lobby, because I'd made that request on the two previous trips and hadn't been near the lobby. When I got to Kidani, I went to the front desk to reiterate my requests. Yet my room was near the Pumba elevator on the top floor. So they're 0 for 3 on my requests. I hope sincerely that you're far more fortunate than I was.

Because the hallways at Kidani are very very long, requesting near the lobby is a frequent request, here’s a map of Kidani w/ the elevator names noted, being near the Rafiki or Timon elevators would be less walking than way out beyond the Pumba or Zazu elevators.
IMG_0081.jpeg

The problem with Lidani is everyone requests close to the lobby and there are only a few rooms close. We prefer to request close to the Zazu elevator so we are close to the Jambo lobby instead makes life easier

The problem with Lidani is everyone requests close to the lobby and there are only a few rooms close. We prefer to request close to the Zazu elevator so we are close to the Jambo lobby instead makes life easier
Would that be better for someone with mobility issues like the OP is dealing with? I have heard that Jambo can be closer than the Kidani lobby on that side.

We get Rafiki by requesting near the pool but I don't think that is going to help the OP either.

Maybe we will try requesting near Timon or Rafiki elevators. Timon would be better since we won’t have a car. That map with the elevators was helpful.
How hard would it be to get to Jambo from the Zazu end.

Maybe we will try requesting near Timon or Rafiki elevators. Timon would be better since we won’t have a car. That map with the elevators was helpful.
How hard would it be to get to Jambo from the Zazu end.
Make the request to be near either the Timon or Rafiki elevator. The trip from the Zazu elevator to Jambo front door is about 1/4 mile.
There is a bus that runs continuously, day and evening. between the front entrances of Kidani and Jambo.

Make the request to be near either the Timon or Rafiki elevator. The trip from the Zazu elevator to Jambo front door is about 1/4 mile.
There is a bus that runs continuously, day and evening. between the front entrances of Kidani and Jambo.
@mom23guys2 be aware that the small shuttle bus between the Kidani/Jambo lobbies does not have the ability to load scooters, so hubby, if using his scooter, will need to scoot between the two or grab a regular park bus which can load a scooter to get from Kidani to Jambo & a Disney springs bus to get from Jambo to Kidani.

Would that be better for someone with mobility issues like the OP is dealing with? I have heard that Jambo can be closer than the Kidani lobby on that side.

We get Rafiki by requesting near the pool but I don't think that is going to help the OP either.
We think if your room is at the ZaZu elevator you are the closest to a lobby you are likely to be it’s literally a 5 minute walk to Jambo and an easy walk at that

I use a scooter and was near the Zazu elevator one trip. It was a very short scooter trip over to Jambo and back (maybe 5 minutes each way) for my food and a visit to the gift shop. The only time I would have used the shuttle (assuming it took scooters) is if it were pouring rain. Otherwise, it was a real short trip. I agree with the poster who said it seems closer to Jambo than to the Kidani lobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter