AKV: Which Pembe-facing rooms are Std view?

dmunsil

Disney Uber-Nerd
I've been trying to work out how many of the outer rooms at AKV Kidani are considered standard view. I know they reclassified the two GVs on the 6th and 7th segments north from the lobby as standard because they face a thin, less interesting section of Pembe, but do we know if all the rooms on the outside of those segments are standard?

And the 4th segment from the lobby faces basically the border between the pool and Pembe, but it looks like you get a decent view of Pembe from the balcony. Are those rooms standard?

I did a bunch of searching on these questions, but couldn't find any definitive threads on it. Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

I can offer the following info from my research:

On the outside (parking lot side) of Kidani, there are 83 lockoffs and 56 dedicated 2bd (and 2 GVs), most of them standard view. On the inside, there are 84 lockoffs and 85 dedicated 2bd, at least if the plan documents they filed are accurate.

The sixth building unit has standard rooms. Not sure about the seventh except for the GV. And yes you can get a view of Pembe's southern end from standards in the fourth building unit but best for that is high floor.

Are all of the outside rooms in the 6th building standard?

You'd think the outside rooms in the 7th building would all be the same as the GV, since they all essentially have the same view. At least the two units underneath the GV have the same view, just lower.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to put together the numbers for category, so folks can find out how many of each view type there is. Other folks have done this for VGF, BLT and BWV, and the only one remaining is AKV.

For what it's worth, assuming that all the outside units in the 4th, 6th, and 7th buildings to the north of the lobby are considered Standard view (which really just leaves the 5th and 8th as Pembe view), I get these numbers:

AKV 2bd:

Value: 10
Standard: 125
Savannah: 255
Club: 5

For what it's worth, assuming that all the outside units in the 4th, 6th, and 7th buildings to the north of the lobby are considered Standard view (which really just leaves the 5th and 8th as Pembe view), I get these numbers:

AKV 2bd:

Value: 10
Standard: 125
Savannah: 255
Club: 5

I've never tried to identify the AKV vacation homes by view category, so I'm of no use on this matter.

However, I'm a bit confused on your villa counts. Here is what I show for Jambo and Kidani Village:

Jambo

46 dedicated studios
82 two-bedrooms (all lock-offs)
6 Grand Villas

Kidani Village

0 dedicated studios
308 two-bedrooms (lock-offs and dedicated)
16 Grand Villas

Total for AKV

46 dedicated studios
390 two-bedrooms
22 Grand Villas

However, I'm a bit confused on your villa counts.

Thank you! I went back to the spreadsheet and discovered I was accidentally double-counting the club 2bd rooms in the Savannah as well. So now my count matches yours and the sticky here, except that I have one more dedicated and one fewer lockoff than the "DVC Resource Center" post has. I was doing this late at night - it's possible I miscounted a lockoff as a dedicated.

AKV 2bd:

Value: 10 (0 Ded, 10 LO
Standard: 125 (48 Ded, 77 LO)
Savannah: 250 (93 Ded, 157 LO)
Club: 5 (0 Ded, 5 LO)
Total: 390 (141 Ded, 249 LO)

It is hard to get an accurate count of standards near Pembe. I believe only a small portion of the fourth building unit is standard and I have not yet seen anyone report that a room number in the the seventh building unit is standard other than the GV; also the savanna opens up again right after that GV in the seventh unit indicating those may have stayed savanna view. As to the building unit six, those who have reported room numbers for standard there have included numbers that would be at the beginning of that building unit when coming from the lobby indicating that likely the entire building unit is now standard since the GV is at the end of that building unit.

I don't recall our room number, but we had a 2BR standard view that straddled the fence between the Pembe savannah and the drive that runs next to the pool. I'm pretty sure we were closest to Rafiki elevator, not terribly far from the lobby but not right next to it, either.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It is hard to get an accurate count of standards near Pembe. I believe only a small portion of the fourth building unit is standard and I have not yet seen anyone report that a room number in the the seventh building unit is standard other than the GV; also the savanna opens up again right after that GV in the seventh unit indicating those may have stayed savanna view. As to the building unit six, those who have reported room numbers for standard there have included numbers that would be at the beginning of that building unit when coming from the lobby indicating that likely the entire building unit is now standard since the GV is at the end of that building unit.

Thanks very much! Yeah, I did some searching for trip reports where people stayed in one of the bordering rooms, and it's unclear what exactly in the 7th building is standard other than the GV, and I found the same thing you did about the 6th building, though there were darned few reports that I could find.

I found four people who reported rooms on the odd side of the 7th building:

7863 (reported Savannah 1bd):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3117056

7763 (reported Standard 1bd):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2315595

7667 (reported Savannah 2bd):
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=174810

7761 (reported Standard 2bd):
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/...dge-kidani-village-disney-vacation-club&cat=3
(scroll down to "mcruss" on Sep 19th, 2013)

Which is confusing, because 7667, on the end nearest the 8th building is Savannah, and 7761, on the other side nearest the 6th building is Standard. But 7763 is Standard and 7863, which is presumably just above, is Savannah.

If I had to guess at this point, I'd guess about half the rooms in the 7th building are Savannah and half Standard. But there's not much to go on.

I wonder if I just asked at the front desk if they'd tell me? I wonder if they'd tell me if I called the front desk?

Update: I did call the "front desk" i.e. the call center, and they transferred me to a nice gentleman who wasn't really forthcoming about which specific rooms, but said there are only in his words, "a handful" of standard-view rooms on that thin strip of Pembe.

Thanks very much! Yeah, I did some searching for trip reports where people stayed in one of the bordering rooms, and it's unclear what exactly in the 7th building is standard other than the GV, and I found the same thing you did about the 6th building, though there were darned few reports that I could find.

I found four people who reported rooms on the odd side of the 7th building:

7863 (reported Savannah 1bd):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3117056

7763 (reported Standard 1bd):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2315595

7667 (reported Savannah 2bd):
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=174810

7761 (reported Standard 2bd):
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/...dge-kidani-village-disney-vacation-club&cat=3
(scroll down to "mcruss" on Sep 19th, 2013)

Which is confusing, because 7667, on the end nearest the 8th building is Savannah, and 7761, on the other side nearest the 6th building is Standard. But 7763 is Standard and 7863, which is presumably just above, is Savannah.

If I had to guess at this point, I'd guess about half the rooms in the 7th building are Savannah and half Standard. But there's not much to go on.

I wonder if I just asked at the front desk if they'd tell me? I wonder if they'd tell me if I called the front desk?

Update: I did call the "front desk" i.e. the call center, and they transferred me to a nice gentleman who wasn't really forthcoming about which specific rooms, but said there are only in his words, "a handful" of standard-view rooms on that thin strip of Pembe.

Could there have been a change between the two stays? I know that some rooms were reclassified from savanna to Standard for those outer rooms in 6th and 7th bead.

Could there have been a change between the two stays? I know that some rooms were reclassified from savanna to Standard for those outer rooms in 6th and 7th bead.

Unless some were classified standard and then reclassified back, that doesn't seem likely. The one that was reported savannah was recent, and the one that was reported standard was back in 2009.

So here's what we know. Besides those 4, we know that the Grand Villa is also a standard. The Pembe side of that building is lockoffs down the middle and dedicated (and a grand villa) on the edges, so we get the following layout, with (s) for standard and (sv) for savannah view:

Code:
Building 7N Pembe side viewed from the outside

floor  7x67        7x65  7x63      7x61      
5 (9)  2bd         st    1bd       (gv fl 2)    
4 (8)  2bd         st    1bd (sv)  gv  (s)          
3 (7)  2bd         st    1bd (s)   2bd (s)   
2 (6)  2bd (sv)    st    1bd       2bd

If we take the position that if a room is savannah view on this building, then everything above it and to the left is also savannah, and if a room is standard, then everything below it and to the right is also standard, and we assume that the studios share the same classification as the other part of the lockoff (since the lockoff is one rentable unit), we get this:

Code:
Building 7N Pembe side viewed from the outside

floor  7X67        7X65  7X63      7X61      
5 (9)  2bd (sv)    st (sv)  1bd (sv)  (gv fl 2)    
4 (8)  2bd (sv)    st (sv)  1bd (sv)  gv  (s)          
3 (7)  2bd (sv)    st (s)   1bd (s)   2bd (s)   
2 (6)  2bd (sv)    st (s)   1bd (s)   2bd (s)

Does that seem like a reasonable layout?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter