Alcohol delivery rumor- Confirmed

So I’m here to report that our order through Garden Grocer was delivered last night (including alcohol) and no one needed to show ID.
My son 22 and his fiancé went for a walk and I told them to check at bell services in case our order had been delivered. They checked and the CM said not yet but just then a van pulled up and it was GG.
The CM confirmed the last name and pulled our order directly to a golf cart and they brought it to our room.
Perhaps there is some kind of agreement with Garden Grocer?
If a 22 year old was there then that is an in person delivery

So I’m here to report that our order through Garden Grocer was delivered last night (including alcohol) and no one needed to show ID.
My son 22 and his fiancé went for a walk and I told them to check at bell services in case our order had been delivered. They checked and the CM said not yet but just then a van pulled up and it was GG.
The CM confirmed the last name and pulled our order directly to a golf cart and they brought it to our room.
This may be the case, not sure. I know when I contacted Dizzy Dolphin about this they told me about a week ago they were working with Disney to once again allow this. Not sure what this all means but was told to sit tight.

That is great to hear! I will be there in 40 days and Garden Grocer will be delivering my order which includes alcohol. I was told on 2 separate occasions from Garden Grocer that they have a contract with Disney and they are not affected as long as the contract is in place! Thank you for updating!!

I just checked the Garden Grocer website and they still invite you to upload your ID when ordering beer, which would be utterly pointless if you now had to meet them in person and show ID when it was delivered.

Attachments

• D70A3114-1A86-464B-89B3-7DD12A7CB9BD.jpeg
    D70A3114-1A86-464B-89B3-7DD12A7CB9BD.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
I just checked the Garden Grocer website and they still invite you to upload your ID when ordering beer, which would be utterly pointless if you now had to meet them in person and show ID when it was delivered.
I'm not so sure. It's possible that they just didn't get around to removing that from their website.

If your son was there when they arrived, then bell services didn’t need to accept it on your behalf

So, I do not think this confirms one way or the other. There is a post here already that GG has said someone must be there but that they will come back if needed.

I can see why they would still have an ID uploaded to ensure whomever is ordering is also over 21.

Garden Grocer also still has on their website:

When alcohol is delivered, it will be delivered at room temperature as bell services does not have enough refrigerator space to hold the alcohol cold until your arrival.

You would think they would have changed this to “bell services will not hold alcohol did you” if that was now the case.

Attachments

• 5E621C3F-4C0A-48D9-8AEE-6AFCB2BBF796.jpeg
    5E621C3F-4C0A-48D9-8AEE-6AFCB2BBF796.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter