• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

I haven't had much luck finding decent flights out of Moncton at that time of year, at least thru WestJet, which I have the WJ credit card. I know for WJ the the issue is mostly on the way home, the flights just don't connect well.

Air Canada is you best option. Decent connections etc.

Halifax and Charlottetown are the only two maritime airports that offer direct flights before Christmas. Halifax's are on Sundays, and Charlottetown are on Fridays, both are through WestJet.

Wow good to know!! Thanks! :)

Does anyone know how long it takes to clear customs in Halifax? We went through there last year after getting back from the Transatlantic but it is all a blur for me now. We will be taing the Glasgow flight back on WJ and need to know if there is enough time to catch the bus to PEI which leaves an hour and five minutes after we are supposed to land. We took the shuttle last time but it was a long wait, about 4 hours. I don't want to buy bus tickets however if the timeframe is not reasonable.

Does anyone know how long it takes to clear customs in Halifax? We went through there last year after getting back from the Transatlantic but it is all a blur for me now. We will be taing the Glasgow flight back on WJ and need to know if there is enough time to catch the bus to PEI which leaves an hour and five minutes after we are supposed to land. We took the shuttle last time but it was a long wait, about 4 hours. I don't want to buy bus tickets however if the timeframe is not reasonable.

Not sure if you got an answer elsewhere but it really depends on what time you are getting in to Halifax and how many other flights are coming in at the same time. Does the bus pick up right at the airport? Normally 20-30 minutes will get you through but relatives came in later at night a few weeks ago and they were a solid hour to get through customs and get their bags.

Just wanted my Atlantic Disney Peeps to know that I have had a wonderful 10 years living in Fredericton. My DH has accepted a move to Ottawa. Excited about our new adventure but sad to leave such a beautiful province and city.
Hope some day to meet you all at our second home.

Hi everyone !!! I'm Tiffany , from Cape Breton. Trip #6 is coming up in sept. 8 of us , girls trip.
Anyone have tips on flights ? I've been lucky getting great deals out of YHZ but would love to omit that 4 hr drive.

Hi everyone !!! I'm Tiffany , from Cape Breton. Trip #6 is coming up in sept. 8 of us , girls trip.
Anyone have tips on flights ? I've been lucky getting great deals out of YHZ but would love to omit that 4 hr drive.
As for flights remember that Westjet has direct flights from Halifax to Orlando every Sunday now, not just in the winter. So that 4 hour drive to Halifax might be more of a time saving than trying to book a connecting flight through Sydney. Just a thought! Have a great time no matter what you decide to do :)

As for flights remember that Westjet has direct flights from Halifax to Orlando every Sunday now, not just in the winter. So that 4 hour drive to Halifax might be more of a time saving than trying to book a connecting flight through Sydney. Just a thought! Have a great time no matter what you decide to do :)

They have YEAR ROUND direct flights??? I knew not of this information! Oh how I wish they would do that for PEI! Their flights out of PEI are normally horrible times!

They certainly do! Sundays leaving Halifax at 1pm, and leaving Orlando at 4:40pm. I just got home from one yesterday and am looking again at the fall :)

There's a break in the WestJet direct flights in the Fall. October 16th is the last direct flight until December 4th.

There's a break in the WestJet direct flights in the Fall. October 16th is the last direct flight until December 4th.
Oh I didn't notice this. I was looking (again :) )for late September/early October.

They certainly do! Sundays leaving Halifax at 1pm, and leaving Orlando at 4:40pm. I just got home from one yesterday and am looking again at the fall :)

I was just looking to see what is available on Westjet for January 2017 and the direct flight on Sunday is at 5pm and arriving in Orlando at 8:08pm, which isn't a bad flight if you are someone who hates getting to the airport at 7am!

It likely changes from season to season, not always prime times as in the Spring/Summer.

Hey everyone! Family of 4 from Dartmouth, just bought at the Polynesian! Looking forward to our first trip in January 2017. I saw that westjet flight, and hoping to get something that arrives earlier in the day. Does anyone know when the Air Transat flights start selling? Going to use points so we're going to fly direct (Not worried about the price)

Hey everyone! Family of 4 from Dartmouth, just bought at the Polynesian! Looking forward to our first trip in January 2017. I saw that westjet flight, and hoping to get something that arrives earlier in the day. Does anyone know when the Air Transat flights start selling? Going to use points so we're going to fly direct (Not worried about the price)

Also remember Sunwing flies direct in the winter. This past season they flew early morning Wednesdays and I think also Sundays but that may have been the year before. It's worth checking them all frequently. Good luck!

I just looked on flightnetwork.com (prices are in Cdn) and if you go on United, you can get really cheap flights, like $380 from YHZ

Anyone got any tips for long term parking at Halifax Airport

Previously we have used the Quality Inn at the Airport which works out about the same as ParknFly parking for this non-Disney trip <gasp!!!!>
We do not require the room but wondering if that's the best option or if there is something better for 24 days parking

Thanks

Anyone got any tips for long term parking at Halifax Airport

Previously we have used the Quality Inn at the Airport which works out about the same as ParknFly parking for this non-Disney trip <gasp!!!!>
We do not require the room but wondering if that's the best option or if there is something better for 24 days parking

Thanks

No tips. I've used the Hilton Garden Inn and the Holiday Inn Express. Never for 24 days though. I'm glad I'm flying out of Charlottetown to Europe this summer. I can't imagine 6 weeks worth of parking! Their park and fly would be around $150 so a room may work out cheaper.

Just wanted my Atlantic Disney Peeps to know that I have had a wonderful 10 years living in Fredericton. My DH has accepted a move to Ottawa. Excited about our new adventure but sad to leave such a beautiful province and city.
Hope some day to meet you all at our second home.

Welcome to Ottawa when you arrive. There are quite a few Disers here in the city.

Welcome to Ottawa when you arrive. There are quite a few Disers here in the city.
Will be moving in week of July 5th. DH has already been in Ottawa for a few months and he loves it. Looking forward to our new adventure. Best part about the move is the week after we will be at Disney's SSR for a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter