All parks hit capacity today

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
We had friends that went today and could not get in due to studios and Islands both hit capacity.. then they were told that the waterpark also was full..
So they will try again tomorrow. I guess a holliday weekend was a bad time to go.

Saturday and Sunday are totally booked. Did they not know to make park reservations before going, they could have found this out a few days ago. As of Thursday, I also saw that Friday and Monday had limited space available. They have been predicting that this weekend would be the heaviest since they have re-opened.

Saturday and Sunday are totally booked. Did they not know to make park reservations before going, they could have found this out a few days ago. As of Thursday, I also saw that Friday and Monday had limited space available. They have been predicting that this weekend would be the heaviest since they have re-opened.
View attachment 524067

Universal Studios/ Islands of adventure :) ..

Last edited:

Thanks for the update. Part of me wishes Universal would do the reservation system like Disney only because I would hate to be turned away on vacation. I heard the weekends have been busy. I hope they are still following all the guidelines.

They aren’t ^^^ was there today and it was madness. It got worse throughout the day as people got tired and baked in the sun

Today was nuts! We have been here all week and things have been great. Morning started out well at Studios, busier yeah, but not too bad. Easily got a 12:10 virtual line pass for Hagrids (many time slots to choose from) so we headed to IOA about 11:15. Holy smokes it got crazy from there. Virtual line queue stretched back to Mythos. Big nope on that so we headed for the exit and people were still pouring in. I looked at wait times throughout the day and couldn't believe my eyes. 145 minutes for Shrek?!?! The lines for food and drink were equally insane. Extra U rest zone was added at Studios, didnt stick around long enough to see if they added one at IOA. We plan on going at early entry tomorrow for a couple hours and then bailing out again. Staff were working their butts off managing that crowd and from what I saw did an excellent job and had great attitudes about it. Clearly some planning had taken place because new queues to get into lands had popped up overnight and staff with signs were everywhere. It was just so hot and crowded and you couldn't ride anything with those wait times. Glad Universal got some solid cash flow today but Yikes! That was wild!

Today was nuts! We have been here all week and things have been great. Morning started out well at Studios, busier yeah, but not too bad. Easily got a 12:10 virtual line pass for Hagrids (many time slots to choose from) so we headed to IOA about 11:15. Holy smokes it got crazy from there. Virtual line queue stretched back to Mythos. Big nope on that so we headed for the exit and people were still pouring in. I looked at wait times throughout the day and couldn't believe my eyes. 145 minutes for Shrek?!?! The lines for food and drink were equally insane. Extra U rest zone was added at Studios, didnt stick around long enough to see if they added one at IOA. We plan on going at early entry tomorrow for a couple hours and then bailing out again. Staff were working their butts off managing that crowd and from what I saw did an excellent job and had great attitudes about it. Clearly some planning had taken place because new queues to get into lands had popped up overnight and staff with signs were everywhere. It was just so hot and crowded and you couldn't ride anything with those wait times. Glad Universal got some solid cash flow today but Yikes! That was wild!
So was it like it was pre covid? Does it seem like the park has less capacity? .
Like you said good for financial standpoint cause in the rumor mill they are considering closing a few days during the week. Just hope everyone is safe

Wow! This has me seriously reconsidering my trip with DD12 in two weeks. I was already hesitant and I think big crowds would push me over the edge.

Wow! This has me seriously reconsidering my trip with DD12 in two weeks. I was already hesitant and I think big crowds would push me over the edge.

These are just holiday crowds. The park’s will die down in September and October before bracing crazy again during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

So was it like it was pre covid? Does it seem like the park has less capacity? .
We usually come late Sept or October so I've never been during a holiday to be able to say how it was pre covid but I've definitely seen more people crammed in especially during HHN.

If you come during the week it's completely different. Wait times are around 10 minutes. I wouldn't let the holiday crowds scare you off. Even though it got crowded yesterday we are still going back today. Just go early and enjoy until it hits your personal tolerance level on weekends and during the week you're good to go anytime.

Big difference between Friday and Saturday. I have pics of empty streets all around the Studios during EE. Friday did see some crowds mid-day, then they died down.

Saturday looked like a regular busy day last summer. I would have left the park if we had no express passes. We had a VQ for Hagrid at noon. We were told the wait was 70 minutes from that point. We declined, we had a Mythos reservation at one and wouldn't make it waiting for the ride. Speaking of, Mythos was good as always. I had the AP Lamb bowl. Filling but lite. Also, it was as hot surface of seven suns yesterday.

One thing that stands out from yesterday was the locker line for the Hulk. At one point it stretched back around Cafe 4 to the stand alone kiosk that sells Hulk t-shirts and merch. Huge lines yesterday

Thankfully we got there for the extra hour and rode gringotts twice, mummy and transformers—we could’ve chosen rip ride or despicable me with less of a wait but decided to hang out and get a butter beer and wait for gringotts again. By the way that was posted a 65 minutes and we were off the ride in about 45 which wasn’t terrible and the line never felt long.

After that the rest of our party arrived (they were flying in for their start of the trip) and from 11-430 we did mummy, had lunch at lombards (disappointing), walked over to IoA—the Hogwarts express was 110 minutes—rode hagrids, rode Jurassic park, left.

We also had another VQ for hagrids that we had to forfeit because the lines took very long redeeming your VQ at Jurassic park that it ran over by a LOT and we missed it. We realized we probably could’ve complained (i had screenshotted the VQ for proof) but figured we didn’t want to give someone a hard time and it was just so dangerously crowded...so we left

Overall I’m thankful that we still have another day at the parks in the middle of the weeks. PRAYING that it’s less crowded

For those of you that were there when parks hit capacity, did you have an Express Pass? How long were those lines? Did anyone have to wait to get in the park? Guest services said there is a priority line for people waiting that are staying on site - just wondering if anyone had experience with that. We are flying in on Dec 26 and probably won't make it over to IoA or US until closer to noon. I am not sure we will even be able to get in. But, we have two more days there with express passes so I am thinking it will be ok.

over labor day weekend when all three parks hit capacity, from my general viewpoint they were NOT stopping people from entering into the parks. i may be making an assumption but i believe they were only stopping same day ticket sales.

we were going to take the hogwarts express from US to IOA but the wait was posted to be two hours so we walked over. When we exited the park we saw many, many people still entering and coming from city walk. so it didn't look like they were just hopping from park to park-it looked like they were entering for the first time. but again that is an assumption.

I know the parks were already at capacity at that time because we made a point to ask the gentleman working at the exit if we would have any problems entering IOA when we walked over and he said no. He didn't say we needed a stamp or anything.

I'm sure they HAD to have stopped letting people in..because cmon but from our view point it didn't look like it--and not to mention the parks were disgustingly crowded. worst i have ever seen.

by the time we left around 4:30 there was a massssss exodus of people leaving. it was so hot and so crowded i think people were just fed up. i also remember looking at wait times closer to the end of the day (because if i remember correctly the park hours were still extended a bit to 7 and 8 pm) and the wait times were drastically lowered by then.

we didn't have EP and looking back i'm not sure if we would've splurged for it (we were all staying at a Disney hotel). We returned back to the parks the following Wednesday and it felt like we had both parks to ourselves. it was one of the most fun days i have had in orlando.
We did every single ride we wanted to multiple times, some times being the only group in the queue and not having to fully exit the ride before going on again.
It was such a stark difference compared to our previous nightmare of a saturday. so we were very thankful we had that day.
some of our party even had a third day and didn't even need to use it because of how amazing our weekday was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter