All Star Appreciation Post

ASMu does have the worst layout for walking times. We were in the Country section (the furthest section) last August and it was rough on me because of my mobility issues. ASMu is the place where you want to pay for preferred rooms, IMO.

I would request Jazz Inn if I was in a standard room. It's the closest building with standard rooms according to Touring Plans.

Over at ASMovies, though, the layout is so good that nothing is really too far from the main hall. Over at Movies, if you were put in one of the Mighty Ducks buildings, it's actually closer to walk over to ASMu for their main hall and buses.

I've never stayed at Pop, but I've been over there a fair amount of times while resort hopping. Although you don't have the Skyliner, the food court does open at 630AM instead of 7AM, which for us is a benefit over Pop Century.
Jazz was at one time Standard,but it is now Preferred along with Calypso.

And in addition to the 6:30 AM open for Intermission Food Court,unlike at Pop Century,the Beverage Island is accessible 24/7 for Mug Refills.

That is the one thing I wish that would change about Pop, hate they open late for us early risers.
And they close early for us night owls. I want a drink when I get back from special events at 1 am! This is actually what holds me back from buying a mug on most trips.

We've had great stays at All Star Sports and would consider staying there again. However, our last trip we arrived New Years Day and the place was a zoo. We didn't even check in. We checked our luggage, went to Disney Springs and when we returned that night, we called POR and they had availability so we cancelled our reservation and stayed there (it's our favorite resort. very quiet and peaceful). I'm also not a fan of the bus sharing at the All Stars. That being said the All Stars are a nice budget option. Especially for families of 5 or more (like ours) that need two rooms.

We've had great stays at All Star Sports and would consider staying there again. However, our last trip we arrived New Years Day and the place was a zoo. We didn't even check in. We checked our luggage, went to Disney Springs and when we returned that night, we called POR and they had availability so we cancelled our reservation and stayed there (it's our favorite resort. very quiet and peaceful). I'm also not a fan of the bus sharing at the All Stars. That being said the All Stars are a nice budget option. Especially for families of 5 or more (like ours) that need two rooms.
Bus sharing only happened to us one time last August and that was midday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter