All Star Movies Renovations

I've heard several people say you can call and ask them to put a note on your reservation to request a deep clean for allergies before you arrive. I highly recommend you do that. If you use a travel agent, you might need them to make the call on your behalf.

We usually do have it noted on our reservation and unfortunately on the 20 or so reservations its about 50/50 chance it was done. We have had rooms cleaned well and some were really badly cleaned. We have also inquired at the desk about it being on our reservation and for some reason it "falls off" and doesn't show up. I will mention it numerous times when making the reservations and call about 2 weeks before we leave. I've gotten in the habit of just packing everything I need and doing a once over when I arrive because I can never trust that it has been done.

Here now and LOVE the new rooms! We were assigned an ‘old’ room with a king bed. I opened the door, promptly closed it and went to check-in where they happily changed us to building 8. I have pictures that I will try to upload later. The pool was wonderful tonight. Weather looks totally wet the next two days.

Here now and LOVE the new rooms! We were assigned an ‘old’ room with a king bed. I opened the door, promptly closed it and went to check-in where they happily changed us to building 8. I have pictures that I will try to upload later. The pool was wonderful tonight. Weather looks totally wet the next two days.
Glad you were able to move and like the new rooms! Please upload your pictures if you have the time. I’ll add them to the main page with your name. We could use more pictures of the bathroom and tv area.

Glad you were able to move and like the new rooms! Please upload your pictures if you have the time. I’ll add them to the main page with your name. We could use more pictures of the bathroom and tv area.

I’ve never uploaded any photos and may wait till I get home on Wednesday to figure out how. I did take more of the bathroom and tv area. The room is a huge improvement! Very functional.

I’ve never uploaded any photos and may wait till I get home on Wednesday to figure out how. I did take more of the bathroom and tv area. The room is a huge improvement! Very functional.
As long as they aren’t too big you can click upload a file and should be able to put any pictures on here. Don’t worry about putting them up until you have time!

As long as they aren’t too big you can click upload a file and should be able to put any pictures on here. Don’t worry about putting them up until you have time!
Just for reference the pictures have to be under 1MB for upload.

I posted this on the main ASMovies thread but wanted to cross-post here as well since I'm specifically interested in the renovated rooms. Has anyone stayed in the new All-Stars rooms for a lengthier stay, like 5 nights or more? Were you comfortable in the room for that amount of time - did you have enough space, were the new beds comfy, did the food court get old, etc.? DH and I want to save money on our next trip since we plan to be mostly in the parks and are looking at ASMovies, but I want to make sure it would be a good hotel to stay in for a longer period of time (vs. say just a quick place to sleep and shower for a weekend trip). No kids, just us two, but we like to sprawl when we sleep so probably one of us would use the Murphy bed. I would love to hear your experiences! Thanks!

Visited this evening (9/1). Looked like most, if not all, of Building 6 (Love Bug) is now closed for renovation. Wing of Building 7 (Love Bug) furthest from Fantasia is closed for renovation as well.

Does that mean Love Bug has some renovated rooms open?

I posted this on the main ASMovies thread but wanted to cross-post here as well since I'm specifically interested in the renovated rooms. Has anyone stayed in the new All-Stars rooms for a lengthier stay, like 5 nights or more? Were you comfortable in the room for that amount of time - did you have enough space, were the new beds comfy, did the food court get old, etc.? DH and I want to save money on our next trip since we plan to be mostly in the parks and are looking at ASMovies, but I want to make sure it would be a good hotel to stay in for a longer period of time (vs. say just a quick place to sleep and shower for a weekend trip). No kids, just us two, but we like to sprawl when we sleep so probably one of us would use the Murphy bed. I would love to hear your experiences! Thanks!
We stayed at pop for 5 nights with 3 adults and 1 child. We were hardly in the room at all so we thought it was perfect. It saved us a lot of money and it didn’t feel too bad with that many people. We all thought the beds were really comfortable and they give you a lot of pillows to use. My niece and her mom slept on the Murphy bed and thought it was comfy. It’s no different than sleeping on the other queen bed. As far as food, at pop they didn’t change the food the whole trip. Movies may be better at switching things up. At movies I believe you could walk to music or sports if you want different food.

I haven’t read any reports about love bug being open yet but it’s possible some rooms may be open.

I would love that as I’ll be there in 24 days, booked standard but have a request for renovated room.

I would love that as I’ll be there in 24 days, booked standard but have a request for renovated room.
It’s hard to tell right now. You might only have a slight chance but it’s worth it to ask the front desk when you get there!

Building 10 (Toy Story)-Complete
Building 9 (Toy Story)-Complete
Building 8 (Fantasia)-Some renovated rooms are open, but not all
Building 7(Love Bug)-Started, not completed
Building 6 (Love Bug)-Started, not completed

This is a link from @SarahC97 's post that includes pictures of the new rooms.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-movies-rennovations.3670184/page-5#post-59288678

Here is a link to an Instagram post with pictures from the refurb (credit goes to @zobow02 ): https://www.instagram.com/p/BjiAU3QhwaV/?taken-by=gretchengonzo

Hi to everyone and Happy 1st DIS Anniversary Haley R – another newcomer here. What a fabulous site with so much information. Apologies if the answers can be found elsewhere but I’ll risk asking anyway – how many rooms are there in each of the All Star room buildings ? How long does it take to refurbish each building based on what has already been completed at the AS Movies and Pop Century ? I understand that AS Music will commence once Movies has been completed and as we are there late August 2019 wondered what are our chances of getting a refurbished room there.

Is there still a safe? I can't see one in the video or the pictures

Hi to everyone and Happy 1st DIS Anniversary Haley R – another newcomer here. What a fabulous site with so much information. Apologies if the answers can be found elsewhere but I’ll risk asking anyway – how many rooms are there in each of the All Star room buildings ? How long does it take to refurbish each building based on what has already been completed at the AS Movies and Pop Century ? I understand that AS Music will commence once Movies has been completed and as we are there late August 2019 wondered what are our chances of getting a refurbished room there.
I didn’t even know it was my 1 year anniversary lol so thanks! I haven’t been keeping track of how long it’s been taking per building (sorry about that, just been busy). I would THINK by August 2019 you would be okay, but it may depend on what type of room you have booked. I’m not sure where they will start at music but I would bet it will be one of the outer buildings and they will make their way across. If I were you, I would keep your reservation for now and just watch to see when they start at music. Sorry I know that wasn’t super helpful.

Each All Star Resort should take significantly far less time than Pop did. Now that Pop is fully completed, I imagine those workers are being sent to the All Stars to bring them up to speed. Keep in mind All Star buildings are only 3 stories while Pop is 4 stories and I believe the buildings are also slightly smaller.

Based on what we know about the renovation, I took the time to make a projected map of how the renovation could proceed and the possible building order. Makes sense that they would slowly move to the nearest building/wing so as not to constantly haul equipment around. I would have put projected dates but I'm no crystal ball. I would expect all All Stars would be complete before the end of 2020.

All_Star_Map.jpg

hmwmeeylz

hmwmeeylz

hmwmeeylz

2b81296c

I didn’t even know it was my 1 year anniversary lol so thanks! I haven’t been keeping track of how long it’s been taking per building (sorry about that, just been busy). I would THINK by August 2019 you would be okay, but it may depend on what type of room you have booked. I’m not sure where they will start at music but I would bet it will be one of the outer buildings and they will make their way across. If I were you, I would keep your reservation for now and just watch to see when they start at music. Sorry I know that wasn’t super helpful.
I'll follow the updates on this forum to see how the works are progressing. Will keep me busy during the 11 month countdown until our trip and I can make notes from all the hints and tips given by other contributors. My last visit to WDW was 15 years ago with my son and now the circle of life has made a full turn and I'm coming back with my grandson and I cant wait !!

how many rooms are there in each of the All Star room buildings ? How long does it take to refurbish each building based on what has already been completed at the AS Movies and Pop Century ?
Keep in mind All Star buildings are only 3 stories while Pop is 4 stories and I believe the buildings are also slightly smaller.

Correct. All Star buildings are only 3 stories, with 64 rooms per floor (192 rooms per building). POP buildings are 4 stories with 72 rooms per floor (288 rooms per building). Different counts for All Star Music which has several family suites, which are essentially 2 connecting rooms. Those may take slightly longer or shorter, depending on what gets done for the suites.

A rough estimate looks as though each POP building took ~70 days to complete (some longer, some shorter). I don't know if anyone has actually kept track of the length to complete each building so far. With one less floor and fewer rooms, AS buildings should be less than 2 months each. Of course, that's assuming just the planned renovations and no other work needs to be done (I think a couple of the POP buildings had extensive plumbing work that added to the job). POP renovations took a total of slightly less than 18 months. In general, each All Star resort should have a shorter renovation time start-to-finish compared to POP.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'll follow the updates on this forum to see how the works are progressing. Will keep me busy during the 11 month countdown until our trip and I can make notes from all the hints and tips given by other contributors. My last visit to WDW was 15 years ago with my son and now the circle of life has made a full turn and I'm coming back with my grandson and I cant wait !!
I might have time this week to go through all of the posts and roughly guess how long each building has taken. It will be a really rough guess since it’s all based on reports from other posters but I could probably do that.

Isn’t the wait the hardest part lol? We took our niece in March and it was so much fun to see her experience Disney for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter