All Star Movies Renovations

Hello all,

Checked in last night to building 6 Love Bug. Travelling from the UK so a relief have had a good sleep now!

We requested a refurbished room and that is what we got!

The room is amazing- the bed is actually the best I’ve slept in at Disney and have stayed in a number of moderates and deluxes. My husband and I think we might be the first guests in this room as the mattress had a tag on it which we removed. Tv is huge, loads of storage. You can access the ports on the tv if you want to plug in your Apple TV or other devices.

They are still working on the other wings of building six. There is some construction hoarding around but I think we are far enough away that it shouldn’t disrupt us.

Very excited to be here the room works so well for a couple.

I opted out of housekeeping, am solo, and only here three days but I will have to call for more coffee. I think the housekeeper may have overlooked it but I only have two regular coffees and five decaf. Also I just picked up some extra creamers in the food court on my way to room last night.

I checked in yesterday around 1:00pm but my room was not ready. Standard with a refurbished request and since they were honoring that I had to wait. I went to MK with EMH til 11:00pm so just arrived to my room around midnight. Love Bug 7-same as DisneyElles. All my luggage was there-love the DME but was worried as last time the airline failed to put my bags in the plane and they were still at the last airport.

I stayed at POP in May and though most would say the rooms are exactly the same, here are my noticeable differences:
The closet rod does not extend out, probably too many hit bent/broke at a POP. Only a rain shower head instead of both. (Here I have a tub-At POP I had a shower only so not sure if that makes a difference.) It seems to have more room for the chairs on the wall opposite the Murphy. I prefer the artwork above the beds at Movies. Same for the window drape. I also like the ladder style coffee station cabinet here (at least in my room) Opens up the room. And lastly I like the lights better by the bed. Flatter square outlines instead of two ball shaped bulbs.

I haven’t had the chance to walk through rest of resort but try.

The closet rod does not extend out

I love the reporting detail! I don't like that the rod doesn't extend; that was a nice hook for our toiletry bags at Pop.

Interesting about the shower head too; we only used the rain shower head at Pop, but it seems like a higher-quality approach to include both.

Hello all,

Checked in last night to building 6 Love Bug. Travelling from the UK so a relief have had a good sleep now!

The room is amazing- the bed is actually the best I’ve slept in at Disney and have stayed in a number of moderates and deluxes. My husband and I think we might be the first guests in this room as the mattress had a tag on it which we removed. Tv is huge, loads of storage. You can access the ports on the tv if you want to plug in your Apple TV or other devices.

They are still working on the other wings of building six. There is some construction hoarding around but I think we are far enough away that it shouldn’t disrupt us.

I opted out of housekeeping, am solo, and only here three days but I will have to call for more coffee. I think the housekeeper may have overlooked it but I only have two regular coffees and five decaf. Also I just picked up some extra creamers in the food court on my way to room last night.

I checked in yesterday around 1:00pm but my room was not ready. Standard with a refurbished request and since they were honoring that I had to wait. I went to MK with EMH til 11:00pm so just arrived to my room around midnight. Love Bug 7-same as DisneyElles. All my luggage was there-love the DME but was worried as last time the airline failed to put my bags in the plane and they were still at the last airport.

I stayed at POP in May and though most would say the rooms are exactly the same, here are my noticeable differences:
The closet rod does not extend out, probably too many hit bent/broke at a POP. Only a rain shower head instead of both. (Here I have a tub-At POP I had a shower only so not sure if that makes a difference.) It seems to have more room for the chairs on the wall opposite the Murphy. I prefer the artwork above the beds at Movies. Same for the window drape. I also like the ladder style coffee station cabinet here (at least in my room) Opens up the room. And lastly I like the lights better by the bed. Flatter square outlines instead of two ball shaped bulbs.

I haven’t had the chance to walk through rest of resort but try.
Thank you both for your reviews! I’m a little disappointed the rooms don’t have both shower heads but not a huge deal. I didn’t really use the rain shower head at pop.

I checked in yesterday at 1:15 and room ready at toy story 10

Quiet in this area except for the guests above me
Can here them at times when something is dropped to the floor

Minor and not an issue just that I can hear it

Only a rain shower head instead of both. (Here I have a tub-At POP I had a shower only so not sure if that makes a difference.)

Pop has fewer tubs now in their renovated rooms. I think most resorts, not only Disney, are moving away from tubs and most rooms have only a stand-up shower. So if you want a tub at any of the resorts that have had recent renovations, I would call ahead and add that request to your reservation. I have done that on my last 2 trips. I added it to my touringplans.com request and I made a phone call and added it to the reservation. I have got to soak my achy feet after walking in the park all day!!

Pop has fewer tubs now in their renovated rooms. I think most resorts, not only Disney, are moving away from tubs and most rooms have only a stand-up shower. So if you want a tub at any of the resorts that have had recent renovations, I would call ahead and add that request to your reservation. I have done that on my last 2 trips. I added it to my touringplans.com request and I made a phone call and added it to the reservation. I have got to soak my achy feet after walking in the park all day!!

And opposite for me. I tend to stumble and hit my toes on the side of tubs. Didn’t matter too much without the door tracks but it hurts like the dickens when you hit that thing with your little toe! Had to remodel our bathroom to get rid of ours.
I think having the split is good since some like tubs (probably most at Disney) and others prefer showers.

And opposite for me. I tend to stumble and hit my toes on the side of tubs. Didn’t matter too much without the door tracks but it hurts like the dickens when you hit that thing with your little toe! Had to remodel our bathroom to get rid of ours.
I think having the split is good since some like tubs (probably most at Disney) and others prefer showers.
We prefer the shower only as well. As two adults we just don’t have the use for a tub. We aren’t in the room long enough to take a bath.

Hello all,

I was wondering about those HDMI ports, thanks!

I checked in yesterday at 1:15 and room ready at toy story 10

Quiet in this area except for the guests above me
Can here them at times when something is dropped to the floor

Minor and not an issue just that I can hear it
Can you tell me I feel they sell half and half anywhere? Or if the dispenser at the drink kiosk is rfd chipped?

I just came from the food court

The drink station was not
rfd chipped

I will look tomorrow for the half and half

This was my first time out of bed
and first time at Movies
it’s nice here

rfd chipped

and first time at Movies
it’s nice here

Do they have the Halloween refillable mugs? I am so hoping they’ll still have them 10/22 when we get there!

rfd chipped

and first time at Movies
it’s nice here
Thank you!
We love the All stars! Music is our favorite, but Movies is #2!

Do they have the Halloween refillable mugs? I am so hoping they’ll still have them 10/22 when we get there!
We go to pop on 10/23 and I’m hoping to see some there otherwise we will just get normal mugs. I don’t want to wait around for the halloween mug and not have a mug.

No they are out of them but was told they are to be restocked in a week or so

This was the first time I left my room this evening to get my mug

I did not see the Halloween ones and asked about them

I bought the table service/ counter ddp and blew off those adrs I had set up
So I at least wanted to get the mug for that package
If anyone is at movies tomorrow or Saturday, I’ll pick up your cs
Pm me to connect

Was told no refunds if credits are not used
I will use my table service credits for snacks on Saturday as I leave Sunday

Can you tell me I feel they sell half and half anywhere? Or if the dispenser at the drink kiosk is rfd chipped?
They have half and half out of a dispenser
No rfd chip involved

Just walked down to the food court to check for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter