All Star Music Family Suite

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I just booked a week at All Star Music in a family suite in November. Has anyone stayed there recently? How was it? I got a good price imo but can cancel if necessary. There will be 5 of us on the trip so it seems like a good option for the price (although my son will be 2yo so still not counted in the room maximum I think).

We've never stayed in a value resort but I am really looking to keep the overall cost price down on this trip. This will free up some spending money for character meals, etc..

Not recently, but stayed there in 2010 and L.O.V.E.D it! The extra space was really nice, as was the kitchenette and 2nd bathroom. We were a fam of 4, and our kids were young enough that they would be in bed before us, but not sleep unless the lights/tv were out - so having that separate bedroom for us was really nice. It was well worth the money and I wish we could swing it again!

We stayed in one in 2012, it was really nice. My in laws were with us and it worked out great having 2 bathrooms and the separate bedroom. The chair folded out to a twin bed and my son was just over 2 so that worked out great. The arm rests worked as gates on the side so he didn't fall out :).

That said, I was pregnant at the time and the pull out bed from the couch was totally uncomfortable. I didn't sleep well at all the whole trip, it felt like there was a pole across my back (the mattress was thin and it must have been the frame underneath). If it's kids who will be sleeping on it then no big deal though!

Sounds good. :) If you used the bus service, how did that go? How was the food court?

I usually do more research, I booked it because I found a good price and now of course I am panicked, lol. :dance3:

chloelovesdisney - I'm right with you on the price vs panic! We currently have a regular all star room booked but now found a deal on the suite. Wondering if it's worth it to switch! While we've stayed in a reg AS-music room, we're not sure of location and size justify switching! Ugh the worry we face in such trip planning situations!!!! I'll be anxious to see if others post and what comments they have!

Is it worth it....reg room at AS Sports for fam of 3 (with two adults in the bed and kid on air mattress) or go for it and do the suite....justifying the extra money?!!

Bus service was fine. Sometimes it was packed though for certain parks and I do remember having to wait forever one night for the bus. I think music is the first pick up though? Or the second. Either way I remember there being another stop after which was nice not being the last at least.

Food court was nice. We just got back from BWI and I was SO bummed that there was not any quick service places nearby that served Mickey waffles. You will definitely have enough options in the food court there! No grocery type place though. There is a souvenir shop and they may have had a few snacks but not like the shops/grocery in other resorts.

Oh good to know, I was counting on the usual groceries I find in the resort shop. We'll likely do Garden Grocer then.

kjs, if your child goes to sleep before you guys it might be nice to have the separate area for you to hang out in.

just got back and loved the all star music. the resort was so nice. We were there with 4 adults and 1 child (almost 2). We even had a pack and play in the room. WE put that by the sink. The food was good, ate there at least once a day. It is now my favorite value resort. Had no issues with the buses. We even had a bunch of cheerleader there and still was not noisy. They have a nice playground and a section with pinic tables. can not say enough. My husband and I are going back in oct and will stay there again.If you need any more email me. We hardly ever shared the bus with other value resorts

Oh good to know, I was counting on the usual groceries I find in the resort shop. We'll likely do Garden Grocer then.

kjs, if your child goes to sleep before you guys it might be nice to have the separate area for you to hang out in.

Yes, not much for groceries. Definitely go for GG! Love them and plan to use as well! They'll do the shopping and they bring it to your room...perfect after a day of traveling and starting your vacation!!!

Yes, that whole separate areas for parents/kids sounds WONDERFUL! Especially for down time....need a break from cartoons!!!! That's what's making me really consider it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter