Alligator dragged 2 year old into 7 seas lagoon

There are gators all over, there was a 3 legged one that lived in the water between Frontierland and Tom Sawyer's island for a long time (he's been discussed here before, and I have photos of him). But it's not normal to hear of gators going after people...that's why people like me who live around them aren't typically terrified of them. That changes now though. Wow....so completely devastated for this family....

Just saw this on our local news. :( I wonder how the poor baby got close enough to the water for him to be dragged in or was the gator that far outside of the water on the beach? After 2 hours, I don't think there is going to be a positive outcome to this, unfortunately. How horrific for the baby, family, and people who are there and witnessed it.

What an awful thing to happen.

I've seen alligators in the canals between the lake and Port Orleans, but can't recall hearing of them around that area or being aggressive.

Thoughts and prayers for the family. :(

Were there witnesses to this, it just sounds so strange to me. I know there are alligators, but the story just sounds odd...the skeptical side of me says theres more to this story.

I've been up to my knees in that water while staying at the Polynesian Village. Never dreamed there could be gators. I know swimming is forbidden but I thought that was because the lagoon water is contaminated.

We live on the coast and took all my kids to the marsh one day a few years ago. Gators were everywhere and there wasn't anything separating us from them. I quickly realized my 2 1/2 year old looked like lunch to them and popped her protesting self into her stroller.
I would've never thought to do this at Disney though! And definitely not at GF!!!!
There really are no words for this.

I saw one in the lake at Coronado Springs when I stayed there one time. It was small but still scary, especially when people walk the shore line! How sad for the family.

This is a sad situation and I have no idea of these specifics but one day my daughter and I were driving On bonnett creek parkway and we saw a huge alligator cross the street near the best friends pet facility and walk across the grass into the Port Orleans area. There is water over by the best friends facility but the gator was far from the water.

Liz

This is just awful to read. Sending prayers for family and child.

There have been lots of threads here about alligators around different areas of WDW. :scared:

I just read that it happened around 9:30pm, so I'm thinking they were on the beach watching the fireworks? OMG. That poor family. That poor baby. How horrible....

I'm wondering if they saw it, and thought it would make a great picture..

How terrifying and sad. :( My thoughts are with that family.

As someone who hasn't been to Florida yet, I will admit my biggest fear of going there is the gators. :scared:

I just read that it happened around 9:30pm, so I'm thinking they were on the beach watching the fireworks? OMG. That poor family. That poor baby. How horrible....

i believe they were watching they movie under the stars when it happened.

I didn't know either! I have never once seen a gator in my countless visits. Having a 2 old myself, it makes me sick to my stomach. Prayers to the family and this poor baby. :(

There are even in the parks I have seen one in MK in the logon and have seen several pictures of them

It is soooo sad this happened I can't even imagine :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter