Alligator dragged 2 year old into 7 seas lagoon

I mean no disrespect but I wonder if Disney will alter the Electrical Water Pageant (either perm or temporary) in lieu of this?

"Never smile at a crocodile..."

Yes, I know it wasn't a crocodile but...?

Just curious is all.
I hope not.

MG

So, when I reported a gator sighting at MK by Liberty Belle, you're saying Disney should have shut off that part of the park? The cm told us they are seen all the time there. That park would be closed a lot apparently.

I would expect Disneyo take reasonable precautions.
It seems in this case that none were taken, after workers have reported the alligators they have not added new signage, added warnings any where else (brochures, check in or by announcement before the movie), they have not cancelled or moved the location of the resorts movies knowing that it is at the time of day alligators may attack. They have not closed the beach at dusk or any other measures to prevent this tragedy.

This boy was not in the wilderness, he was on a Disney built beach at a Disney run event.

I mean no disrespect but I wonder if Disney will alter the Electrical Water Pageant (either perm or temporary) in lieu of this?

"Never smile at a crocodile..."

Yes, I know it wasn't a crocodile but...?

Just curious is all.

They have apparently skipped over the ginger snaps joked on the jungle cruise.

Reading more about those bungalows that were built last year at the Polynesian I have to wonder if they played a large part in this tragedy. They are an explanation to the why now since WDW has been there for something like 40 years without problems from the gators. Those bungalows are like small houses (renting for $2,000 a night). They have full kitchens so lots of food is being handled right over the water. And they have big private decks on the water side that would make it extremely easy for guests to throw food over the edge to watch gators come for food. The custodians have complained about the feeding that is going on and how that is encouraging the gators. And they really are close to the GF beach.

Reading more about those bungalows that were built last year at the Polynesian I have to wonder if they played a large part in this tragedy. They are an explanation to the why now since WDW has been there for something like 40 years without problems from the gators. Those bungalows are like small houses (renting for $2,000 a night). They have full kitchens so lots of food is being handled right over the water. And they have big private decks on the water side that would make it extremely easy for guests to throw food over the edge to watch gators come for food. The custodians have complained about the feeding that is going on and how that is encouraging the gators. And they really are close to the GF beach.

YES!

Have any of you that are finding fault on the parents ever seen an alligator attack? I watched one unfold at Hilton Head (just on a cat so nothing like this one). But, never have I seen something so fast or so powerful. The cat was on a pond bank, several feet outside of the water. The gator flew out if the water, grabbed the cat and was completely gone in under a second. The power of it was haunting and it was only a pet.....can not imagine the family's pain. Even other guests outside will be haunted forever.

This was not the parent's fault. There would have been nothing they should have done differently though every day for the rest of their lives they will wonder if they might have.

Last edited:
As for the coffee statement, that really showed how stupid our judicial system is and how stupid people can be. I believe that lady won an 80 million dollar settlement for being just that, stupid. I'm sure the gator signs are coming and stay out of water even though people should know of the gators, poisonous snakes, snapping turtles, are present. But people should know coffee is hot too.

Please, please, please read the link Goofy_Disney_Dad posted: https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

Have any of you that are finding fault on the parents ever seen an alligator attack? I watched one unfold at Hikton Head (just on a cat so nothing like this one). But, never have I seen something so fast or so powerful. The cat was on a pond bank, several feet outside of the water. The gator flew out if the water, grabbed the cat and was completely gone in under a second. The power of it was haunting and it was only a pet.....can not imagine the family's pain. Even other guests outside will be haunted forever.

This was not the parent's fault. There would have been nothing they shoukd have done differently though every day for the rest of their lives they will wonder if they might have.
For some it's much easier to be a righteous keyboard warrior

From KtP about current changes at WDW:

1. All beach areas remain closed to the public to prevent a similar issue from occurring. Disney has currently removed all lounge chairs from beach areas. Beaches will reopen at some future point, but it is uncertain when.
  2. Walt Disney World is changing all signage around the beach areas to reflect a warning that alligators are known to be in the area. Exact verbage is uncertain, so that is not any type of quote.
  3. All water recreation departing from resorts, including boat rentals, is currently suspended pending review.
  4. The Magic Kingdom ferryboat has returned to operation.
  5. The Fireworks boat cruises, including Pirates and Pals, has resumed operation.
  6. The Jungle Cruise is no longer making any type of jokes or references in the portion of the ride that passes the animatronic crocodiles. It’s uncertain when or if the skippers could return to using such jokes.
  7. Tic Tock Croc has not appeared in the Festival of Fantasy parade
  8. Kilimanjaro safari drivers also have new script cutting out any facts about the Nile Crocodile’s bite force, any jokes about them “always looking hungry”, the speed they can run on land/swim, their thrashing techniques when catching prey, or their diets.
It is uncertain at this time if Louis the Alligator will still appear in the new Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire at the Magic Kingdom. The show begins tomorrow, but some may see it as insensitive to present that portion of the show. I’ll be on hand tomorrow filming live for my Facebook page, so we’ll know what the show looks like.

The family flew home today. I don't know if they flew commercial or private, but it has been reported they are home. Their neighbors decorated the neighborhood and their home with balloons and streamers. Just as a sign of support. I don't think they knew what else to do. IMO.

ETA: I just got a neighborhood message that they are tying blue ribbons on trees for support. I don't think they live in my neighborhood, but they are very close to me. I'll get a blue ribbon tomorrow.

Last edited:
Have any of you that are finding fault on the parents ever seen an alligator attack? I watched one unfold at Hilton Head (just on a cat so nothing like this one). But, never have I seen something so fast or so powerful. The cat was on a pond bank, several feet outside of the water. The gator flew out if the water, grabbed the cat and was completely gone in under a second. .

I lived in a FL town for many years that's known for all its lakes. A popular place to run in that town is a lake that's a 3 mile circle. People often allow their dogs to run with them. After a long run, dogs are sometimes seen running down to the lake for a drink of water. The owners sometimes report hearing a splash but see nothing. A gator has just gotten their dog. :sad2: It's repeated over and over: Don't allow your dog near the edge of the water.

Apologies if someone has already posted this. I've been a very frequent visitor to WDW since the 70's. I can't take credit for this photo, but I sure remember swimming in Bay Lake before there was a pool at Ft Wilderness. You can see in the photo where the swimming area is marked off. Just five years ago they were still sponsoring a triatholon that included a swim in Bay Lake. And I remember rarely seeing alligator traps at Ft Wilderness but only back in the canals on occasion and being assured by a CM that if an alligator is sighted, any alligator, it is trapped and relocated. But somehow, we are all supposed to know and expect that alligators are a threat on the shores of Bay Lake. Count me in the camp of being totally unaware that this was even a possibility.

Also, I am seeing reports of different warning signage with a picture of an alligator and a snake. Is that at Shades of Green? I'm wondering as SoG isn't operated by Disney and might explain the different signage. Does anyone know?Connor-173.jpg

Apologies if someone has already posted this. I've been a very frequent visitor to WDW since the 70's. I can't take credit for this photo, but I sure remember swimming in Bay Lake before there was a pool at Ft Wilderness. You can see in the photo where the swimming area is marked off. Just five years ago they were still sponsoring a triatholon that included a swim in Bay Lake. And I remember rarely seeing alligator traps at Ft Wilderness but only back in the canals on occasion and being assured by a CM that if an alligator is sighted, any alligator, it is trapped and relocated. But somehow, we are all supposed to know and expect that alligators are a threat on the shores of Bay Lake. Count me in the camp of being totally unaware that this was even a possibility.

Also, I am seeing reports of different warning signage with a picture of an alligator and a snake. Is that at Shades of Green? I'm wondering as SoG isn't operated by Disney and might explain the different signage. Does anyone know?View attachment 175922
Looks like more of a wading area.

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter