(Almost) cost neutral swap? Interest thread - new question post 34

I would say you should probably do seperate groups for 1 and 2 page layouts- If people have more than 3 photos they plan on sending then they should sign up for 2 pages. Otherwise someone may send 2 photos and get a 1 page layout but end up getting photos from someone that require tham to do a 2 page layout- which is more expensive in materials and shipping.

Rebecca

So okay, I thought of a few questions...

Say I'd like to swap photos for 3 completed 2-page layouts. Can I sign up for everything to go to just one individual? Then I would get 3 sets of photos that I scrapbook and that all goes back to 1 individual as well?

Is it a pair up? I indicate how many I want to swap and I get paired up with someone else who wants to swap that same number of layouts? She is my partner then and we mail to each other? That's how I've done this sort of swap in the past.

I guess I'm confused about how sign ups work for this. Sorry if I am sounding like a ditz here.

Its still a work in progress! what I envisaged was a bit like Secret Sister, in that you don't know who you'll be sending to or who you'll be receiving from (although here you'll know earlier than SS). So, say you have groups that look like this (assume all 2-page):

Family general
AWM
DIT
Nemomom
mycutiepatooties
MazdaUK

Boy stuff - sports
PO3
DIT
AwM
MazdaUK
rlovew

Disney vacations
AwM
mycutiepatooties
rlovew
PO3
nemomom
DIT
ArizonaRita

So if you were sending to just one person, say AwM, she would be short a set of pages she wants, or else you'd have to do an extra set of pages for her and you'd be making more pages. what I'd do would be to try to make sure you have as few parcels to send as possible, so I'd pair you up with AwM for groups 1 and 3 but match AwM with me for group 2 (assuming AwM is willing to send overseas). It will take a bit of doing but should be OK, I think.

And yes, definitely groups for 2 pages and one page.

Just bumping up so I don't lose it before sign-ups. Any more questions?

Mazda, I just wanted to let you know that Im going to be sitting this one out.
I'm worried that I wouldnt be able to do as good as a job as others would deserve, the DL and cruise swaps will both be due around the same time and
Michelle is going into rehab and I dont know what that will mean for me yet, the other swap stuff I cant cart around with me but the pages I wouldnt want to do that with.
On the bright side tho, I do have some of my flowers for the flower swap!

I know you've got a busy time Rita, no problem! Besides, you need to plan your packing too:rolleyes1:thumbsup2 I can go with as many or as few as want to do this, becuase it snot like I need a definite number for everything. I can play aorund with it a bit:goodvibes

I just wanted to tell you ladies that I'm going to need to sit this swap out unfortunately. My calendar for March is super swamped every weekend. We are going to be sooooo busy and I realized the due date is just not do-able for me. I take WAAAAYYY longer when I scrap other people's photos b/c I am too paranoid to stick anything down on the paper. :confused3

Plus we are going to be getting a new furnace/AC unit for our bonus room above the garage and it's going to cost us between $5-6,000. So I should really just take it easy with spending $ on scrapbooking--thinking postage here for 12x12 pages is not so cheap.

I will be jealous I'm sure when I see all of your neat pages, but I'll cheer you on from the sidelines for this one.

I thought I might open this and the flower swap up on Sunday next week while I have time - is that OK with everyone?

I had an idea:idea: How would people feel about signing up to be "challenge partners". So you specify the groups you have pics for, but can also nominate topics you don't have pics for but would be prepared to have a go at, including whether you'd be rpeapred to do one or two pages and how many max. Then if any groups are a bit short of takers I could make up the numbers with challengers. For example, I don't have any Hallowe'en pics left to scrap, but I don't mind doing some for someone else as I have plent of stuff left, so I would put down "Challenge option: 2 page hallowe'en, one page dog, two page girl stuff".

Would that work for you?

Hmm - I'd be fine scrapping anything, so I have no preferences for that, but if other people like it, that works!

It would be a great way to use up the pages from a stack that I will never use on my own. The girlie pink colors after all the boyish ones are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter